“Just the perfet retreat”
Review of Be Tulum Hotel

Be Tulum Hotel
Ranked #26 of 98 Hotels in Tulum
Reviewed 31 July 2014

After a lot of research into which hotel in the area to pick, we decided to try the Be Tulum. We were looking for somewhere relaxing, without screaming children, romantic and with good service. And boy, did we find it.

The hotel is a hidden treasure. It's not too big and is carefully laid out so you feel like you're the only people staying there most of the time.

The beach front is amazing, and the fact it's only a few steps from your room is a plus. The canopy covered beds out on the beach are a lovely touch and far better than anything the other hotels offer.

We stayed in a room with our own private roof-top pool, which was really nice for the view and the privacy. The contrast as jungle meets beach is hypnotic, and you're right at the point where they join.

It's impossible to be stressed at the hotel. The staff take all the hassle out of everything; service and clenliness are impressive, and there's great attention to detail.

I would recommend this hotel for anyone looking for a romantic getaway, amazing beach and a smaller, boutique feel.

Room Tip: Rooms with a rooftop pool are worth it - as well as enjoying the beach, you can also then get a grea...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 860,996
BeHotels, Online Communications Manager at Be Tulum Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear "Jdobson004",

You told us so when you were leaving the hotel, but still we are very happy to read that you enjoyed your time here. Thank you very much for the lovely review you shared with the TripAdvisor community! Cheers!

We hope to see you again soon on this beautiful part of the world!

Kind regards,

Be Tulum Management

Reviewed 28 July 2014

We had an amazing time! Our first visit to BeTulum was everything we expected. As we arrived onto the property we were greeted by Daniel and his winderful staff. We had came a little early so we strolled down to the beach and was simply blown away of the beauty before us. Tulum beach was amazing! The property itself is nestled between a lush jungle and steps from the beach. We stayed in room #5 . All of there rooms are just far enough from each other that our privacy was never challenged. The food, drinks and evening music was terrific. Each morning you start with a wonderful breakfast that is included with your stay. Try the chiliquilles its delicious. We are planning our next stay already for 2015. Its just that amazing!!! You will be in complete paradise.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Christine S
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Be Tulum exceeded my expectations on all levels! After weeks of debate and intense research spent to find the "perfect" hotel for my vacation in Tulum, my friend and I decided on Be Tulum. As this was a new hotel for us, we decided on it based on face value of the property, AC in rooms (which is rare in Tulum), and the restaurant on property. Well, our decision couldn't have been more perfect after all. The hotel staff (literally everyone from maintenance, front desk, restaurant, housekeeping,etc...) are all super sweet. We were greeted by the lovely Daniela upon check in who gave us a perfect room that lived up to the pictures we saw online. Our own private pool was certainly nice to wake up to each morning but to be honest, we never used it during our stay. The outdoor shower on the other hand was so awesome and used daily. :)

Our reservation included breakfast each morning which was great! I enjoyed delicious Mexican breakfast favorites like Chilaquiles and Huevos Rancheros. The staff at the restaurant were very accommodating, attentive, and nice. One of the waiters especially - Casiel stole my heart! He set us up on the beach every day and was always nearby to get us anything we needed. In passing I mentioned that my organic bug spray (trying to be Eco-conscious) didn't work as well as I had hoped and minutes later, Casiel came brought me bug-bite cream that relieved my itching instantly! I didn't even ask! I travel 100-18- days out of the year and I haven't come across a wait staff so kind and happy to service above and beyond the minimum requirements.

Bike rentals are free from the hotel so my friend and I rode bikes every day around Tulum for shopping, going to spas, and dinners. I wish the bikes had more reflective lights and adjustable seating. The roads are very narrow and dark at night so it was sort of scary riding the bikes with little to no lights. Front desk gave us tiny flash lights and only one red reflective rear light. The tiny flash lights didn't do much so I ended up using my iPhone Flashlight. It was still great to have these bike rentals for free as many hotels in Tulum charge.

The Ya'an Wellness Spa across the street owned by Be Tulum is fairly new and gorgeous! The staff at the spa were also very sweet. The serene grounds of the spa are truly relaxing. The spa even grows their own herbs to use in the steam sauna and in oils for treatments! The spa tends to get booked up pretty quickly so I'll be booking my treatments in advance next time.

All in all, my in hotel experience was beyond outstanding. The hotel stay was just as memorable as my days spent out exploring various cities, beaches, and towns near Tulum. I am DEFINITELY going back to Tulum and planning to make this hotel getaway an annual trip. My friend and I are already planning dates for another trip in November!

Thank you Be Tulum!

Room Tip: Second floor rooms are quieter as they are higher up above the common grounds and do not have anyone...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Jasmine K
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

this place is heaven on earth, jungle meets white sand meets blue water. The vibe is so relaxed you can almost feel your heart rate slow, Daniel and the rest of the team go above and beyond, we checked out but spent all day at the beach, they offered myself and my partner a shower to freshen up in one of the master suites that was not being used, iv never felt so welcome in a hotel in my life!

The beach the friendly vibe and class of betulum is unmatched, I'll be back again and again.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Aaronspita
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I stayed at Be Tulum with three friends for a few nights on a girls trip in May. The weather was perfect so we got plenty of use out of the beach beds & beach bar - the tacos are a brilliant choice for lunch, some of the best I had during my stay in Mexico. The views are picture perfect as are the gardens around the hotel. The pool is small but as the ocean is only a few steps away, you don't really need it. All of the paths are sand, so with water buckets at every room, shoes are optional! Whilst our rooms were a great size they are better for couples as the bathroom doesn't really offer any privacy. The decor is neutral & modern, perhaps a little sparse. Our rooms were always very clean. The lounge chairs and hammock along with the plunge pool were perfect for when the wind made the beach a little rough. We had breakfast included which was delicious but the food in Tulum in general was amazing with great places to eat only 5 minutes down the road. All of the staff were very friendly & the free bikes were a great way to get to the shops or restaurants. I would recommend this hotel for couples or honeymooners in particular or anyone after a little R&R. Overall a great hotel in a beautiful part of Mexico, thank you for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank ShellSparsi
Reviewed 21 July 2014

This is my first review on TripAdvisor, because it has been 4 months since I spent a week at Be Tulum and I can't stop thinking about it, the amazing food, the atmosphere, watching "Life of Pi" on the beach at night... I have traveled to every continent but this is the one spot I come back to during my daydreams at my office in NYC. This is definitely the best hotel in Tulum for well traveled young couples. It's expensive, but it's worth every penny. The fantasy island mood is something that cannot be replicated at the other hotels. We splurged on one of the penthouses with the private rooftop pool and it was the most amazing hotel of my life. If you can't afford it, make at least an effort to have a meal here (the restaurant is also one of the best in Tulum). You will never forget it. Can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Top floors are better.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 July 2014

I cannot begin to say enough fantastic things about Be Tulum or their staff in just one review.

This hotel is OUTSTANDING from the location and beach, to grounds, to the rooms, to service & to staff. We felt truly pampered on our girls getaway because Daniella & Daniel were available for any needs in reception while Miguel and Frederico kept us comfortable on the beach. The beach, I might add, is spectacular! Further north, the waters are rock-filled and open into the reef - but at Be Tulum only pure-white sands and pristine waters.

A huge plus for me was the 24-hour A/C in your room (apparently we went at the hottest time of year) and the free Wifi was very reliable for the occasional usage. Signal comes in very strong at the hotel pool and restaurant, Maresias.

The restaurant is affordable and meals are large and delicious (however I found good eating all along Boca Paila - the staff is happy to make recommendations). Be Tulum also has other little (and unadvertised) perks like: daily events (but non-intrusive, a little live jazz at night, a DJ another afternoon), a gigantic inclusive breakfast every morning for the duration of your stay. GIGANTIC! A free voucher for the Ya'an Spa across the street. And special touches like nightly turndown service where they refresh your towels & bottled waters (if you want) or replenish your mosquito repellant.

Coming back to this place every day for a week started to feel like home. Smiling faces, friends that knew your name. I hugged everyone goodbye when I left.

Pull up a chair and a coco frío - you won't regret booking here!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Melanie L
BeHotels, Online Communications Manager at Be Tulum Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear "Melanie L",

Thanks for your amazing and heartfelt feedback! We just love to read such praise from our guests! Thousands of people will find you review very helpful.

We hope to see you again soon on this beautiful part of the world!

Kind regards,