“A gem of a hotel”

Ranked #22 of 95 Hotels in Tulum
Montreal, Canada
“A gem of a hotel”
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

This is probably one of the best hotels ever. It is serene, peaceful and must of all beautiful. I would come back in a flash.
The restaurant it's amazing as well.
Not much to say but I that it's great. I highly recommend this hotel for a relaxing vacation.

• Stayed September 2013
3 Thank Coco213419
BeHotels, Online Communications Manager at Be Tulum Hotel, responded to this review, 4 September 2014
Dear "Coco213419",

Thank you so much for your amazing comments about your stay! We are sure they'll help other fellow travelers.

We hope to see you again soon on this beautiful part of the world!

Be Tulum Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
  • Polish first
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 4 August 2014

If you don't know about the beaches of Tulum, this hotel is the best place to discover. The staff, the accommodations, the atmosphere, the spa... it doesn't get any better. I'll definitely go back again. Thank you, Be Tulum!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank JNoyes126
BeHotels, Online Communications Manager at Be Tulum Hotel, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear "JNoyes126",

Thank you so much for your fantastic comments on the hotel, the spa and the restaurant! And thank you for choosing Be Tulum!

We really hope to see you again soon on this beautiful part of the world!

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 July 2014

After a lot of research into which hotel in the area to pick, we decided to try the Be Tulum. We were looking for somewhere relaxing, without screaming children, romantic and with good service. And boy, did we find it.

The hotel is a hidden treasure. It's not too big and is carefully laid out so you feel like you're the only people staying there most of the time.

The beach front is amazing, and the fact it's only a few steps from your room is a plus. The canopy covered beds out on the beach are a lovely touch and far better than anything the other hotels offer.

We stayed in a room with our own private roof-top pool, which was really nice for the view and the privacy. The contrast as jungle meets beach is hypnotic, and you're right at the point where they join.

It's impossible to be stressed at the hotel. The staff take all the hassle out of everything; service and clenliness are impressive, and there's great attention to detail.

I would recommend this hotel for anyone looking for a romantic getaway, amazing beach and a smaller, boutique feel.

Room Tip: Rooms with a rooftop pool are worth it - as well as enjoying the beach, you can also then get a grea...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 860996
Dear "Jdobson004",

You told us so when you were leaving the hotel, but still we are very happy to read that you enjoyed your time here. Thank you very much for the lovely review you shared with the TripAdvisor community! Cheers!

We hope to see you again soon on this beautiful part of the world!

Reviewed 28 July 2014

We had an amazing time! Our first visit to BeTulum was everything we expected. As we arrived onto the property we were greeted by Daniel and his winderful staff. We had came a little early so we strolled down to the beach and was simply blown away of the beauty before us. Tulum beach was amazing! The property itself is nestled between a lush jungle and steps from the beach. We stayed in room #5 . All of there rooms are just far enough from each other that our privacy was never challenged. The food, drinks and evening music was terrific. Each morning you start with a wonderful breakfast that is included with your stay. Try the chiliquilles its delicious. We are planning our next stay already for 2015. Its just that amazing!!! You will be in complete paradise.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Christine S
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Be Tulum exceeded my expectations on all levels! After weeks of debate and intense research spent to find the "perfect" hotel for my vacation in Tulum, my friend and I decided on Be Tulum. As this was a new hotel for us, we decided on it based on face value of the property, AC in rooms (which is rare in Tulum), and the restaurant on property. Well, our decision couldn't have been more perfect after all. The hotel staff (literally everyone from maintenance, front desk, restaurant, housekeeping,etc...) are all super sweet. We were greeted by the lovely Daniela upon check in who gave us a perfect room that lived up to the pictures we saw online. Our own private pool was certainly nice to wake up to each morning but to be honest, we never used it during our stay. The outdoor shower on the other hand was so awesome and used daily. :)

Our reservation included breakfast each morning which was great! I enjoyed delicious Mexican breakfast favorites like Chilaquiles and Huevos Rancheros. The staff at the restaurant were very accommodating, attentive, and nice. One of the waiters especially - Casiel stole my heart! He set us up on the beach every day and was always nearby to get us anything we needed. In passing I mentioned that my organic bug spray (trying to be Eco-conscious) didn't work as well as I had hoped and minutes later, Casiel came brought me bug-bite cream that relieved my itching instantly! I didn't even ask! I travel 100-18- days out of the year and I haven't come across a wait staff so kind and happy to service above and beyond the minimum requirements.

Bike rentals are free from the hotel so my friend and I rode bikes every day around Tulum for shopping, going to spas, and dinners. I wish the bikes had more reflective lights and adjustable seating. The roads are very narrow and dark at night so it was sort of scary riding the bikes with little to no lights. Front desk gave us tiny flash lights and only one red reflective rear light. The tiny flash lights didn't do much so I ended up using my iPhone Flashlight. It was still great to have these bike rentals for free as many hotels in Tulum charge.

The Ya'an Wellness Spa across the street owned by Be Tulum is fairly new and gorgeous! The staff at the spa were also very sweet. The serene grounds of the spa are truly relaxing. The spa even grows their own herbs to use in the steam sauna and in oils for treatments! The spa tends to get booked up pretty quickly so I'll be booking my treatments in advance next time.

All in all, my in hotel experience was beyond outstanding. The hotel stay was just as memorable as my days spent out exploring various cities, beaches, and towns near Tulum. I am DEFINITELY going back to Tulum and planning to make this hotel getaway an annual trip. My friend and I are already planning dates for another trip in November!

Thank you Be Tulum!

Room Tip: Second floor rooms are quieter as they are higher up above the common grounds and do not have anyone...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Jasmine K
Cancun
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

this place is heaven on earth, jungle meets white sand meets blue water. The vibe is so relaxed you can almost feel your heart rate slow, Daniel and the rest of the team go above and beyond, we checked out but spent all day at the beach, they offered myself and my partner a shower to freshen up in one of the master suites that was not being used, iv never felt so welcome in a hotel in my life!

The beach the friendly vibe and class of betulum is unmatched, I'll be back again and again.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Aaronspita
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I stayed at Be Tulum with three friends for a few nights on a girls trip in May. The weather was perfect so we got plenty of use out of the beach beds & beach bar - the tacos are a brilliant choice for lunch, some of the best I had during my stay in Mexico. The views are picture perfect as are the gardens around the hotel. The pool is small but as the ocean is only a few steps away, you don't really need it. All of the paths are sand, so with water buckets at every room, shoes are optional! Whilst our rooms were a great size they are better for couples as the bathroom doesn't really offer any privacy. The decor is neutral & modern, perhaps a little sparse. Our rooms were always very clean. The lounge chairs and hammock along with the plunge pool were perfect for when the wind made the beach a little rough. We had breakfast included which was delicious but the food in Tulum in general was amazing with great places to eat only 5 minutes down the road. All of the staff were very friendly & the free bikes were a great way to get to the shops or restaurants. I would recommend this hotel for couples or honeymooners in particular or anyone after a little R&R. Overall a great hotel in a beautiful part of Mexico, thank you for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends