“Still dreaming about the Ceviche Local”

Restaurante Las Estrellas
Ranked #44 of 411 Restaurants in Tulum
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Las Estrellas Restaurant, located within Cabanas La Luna premises, is like a secret place still to be discovered. It offers a blend of fresh local ingredients creating Mexican innovative dishes. The beautiful setting of the restaurant reminds of places somewhere in the Middle East, but it stays in the same time truly Mexican. During the day, guests at Las Estrellas can enjoy the beautiful clear view of the Mexican Caribbean while savoring a light, fresh lunch. Every evening our chefs create three or four special dishes. Our fresh catch of the day is always a big hit.
Reviewed 20 May 2014

The restaurant offered a great selection of dishes prepared with fresh products. I stuck to the ceviche local which had fish and shrimp, avocado, onions and jicama - it was delicious! The cheladas, micheladas and special mojitos were great! Highly recommend the food and service of Las Estrellas. Thanks to the staff, specially Oscar, Ruben and Carlos!

1  Thank Marilo526
CabanasLaLuna, Manager at Restaurante Las Estrellas, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Thank you for your review and menu recommendation. The ceviche is one of my favorites as well! We hope to welcome you back to dine at our tables again soon.

There are newer reviews for Restaurante Las Estrellas

Reviewed 16 May 2014

I have to admit I am pretty picky about food and was a bit worried I might not like the food in Mexico. Definitely not the case at Las Estrellas. I LOVED it all. It was hard not to love it - everything was fresh and so yummy. Every morning a full plate of sliced fresh fruit - mangos papayas, melon, bananas...homemade bread and jam. Loved the fish tacos and the guacamole is something I really miss! Our trip definitely was not long enough I am sure I have more drinks to try but everyone I had was great! Oh and the fresh coconuts...really good too! The service was more than we could have hoped for and everyone did all they could to make the wedding the best it could possibly be. Thank you! I hope we can get back someday SOON.

1  Thank Debbie M
CabanasLaLuna, Manager at Restaurante Las Estrellas, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Thank you for your honest review! We are overjoyed to hear that we were able to put your mind at ease with our delicious menu. It is a concern many travelers have, and I am glad that we were able to satisfy your taste buds! We wish you could have stayed longer, but so it goes. I guess that means you will be planning a trip back soon? We hope!

Reviewed 15 May 2014

I think I ate the guacamole about 2 times a day for 5 days straight - so fresh!

The fish tacos - one word: amazing!

The BBQ ribs on BBQ night - to die for - fall off the bone.

BLT - 5 day stay? 5 BLT's a must.

Seriously, everything was absolutely incredible and fresh.

1  Thank Ryan P
CabanasLaLuna, Manager at Restaurante Las Estrellas, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Thank for your reviewing your experience at Las Estrellas. Nothing makes us happier than seeing satisfied, repeat customers. Thank you for recommending your favorite dishes to others. We hope it encourages other travelers to give us a try! We hope to welcome you back.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Not sure if I can put this into words...but we loved every minute at CBL and Las Estrellas for our wedding week. I will start with the breakfast food - the FRENCH TOAST is phenomenol! The green juices and veggie scramble was superb for the health conscious.

Lunch - the BLT was quite possibly the best I've ever had. Love thier homemade bread!

Dinner - WOW! Everything was so beyond amazing for our wedding dinner buffet. Our wedding photographer mentioned that it was the best wedding dinner she ever had and we had numerous guests also comment about how yummy it was. I also highly recommend the Wednesday night all you can eat BBQ. I could not stop eating the drumsticks, sausage and caprese salad.

And last but not least, the SERVICE. We felt so spoiled all week. Oscar was genuine in his greeting to us every morning as he brought us breakfast. He was also a great sport in supporting my Spanglish. Carlos kept our hands full with drinks on the beach (oh and did I mention the mojitos are to die for) and Ruben ran the show and made sure all our guests were happy at all times.

Gracias a million times over to all the chefs and servers there!!

Thank you for your review of your meals at Las Estrellas and for recommending your favorite dishes to others. I am happy that you mentioned our service. This is something we are constantly working on to improve and it looks like our efforts have paid off. We hope to have the chance to dine with you again.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

This beach club is laid back and, of course, benefits from the beauty of the southern strip of Tulum beach. The sandwiches are, in a word, outstanding.

Thank you for your review! We are honored to be your favorite. We hope to welcome you back for many more sandwiches (among many of our other menu items).!