“Luv tulum”
Review of Luv Tulum

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tulum
Luv Tulum
Ranked #29 of 101 Hotels in Tulum
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We stayed at luv tulum for a few nights and actually switched back to this hotel after a bad experience at the neighboring one. I would definitely recommend the corazon room to friends, it was comfortable and very well decorated! The management and staff were extremely nice!!!!
Gloria and Daisy at reception were extremely friendly, the manager was always there and made us feel at home. Local fishermen delivered fresh lobster and fish to the hotel daily.....on a spear, no joke, it was very cool to see....

Room Tip: We liked corazon even though it was not right on the beach
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jillian M

Reviewed 25 July 2013

My boyfriend and I opted to stay at Luv Tulum from 16-18th July. There is a vast choice of beach cabins in Tulum however Luv Tulum caught our eye so it was there we decided to stay and we weren't disappointed. On arrival we were greeted by the lovely Fernando who assisted us with our check-in. Due to an administration error we had been booked in for the 16-18th August instead of July however Fernando very quickly resolved the situation and offered us the last remaining room which was available for two consecutive nights at no extra cost and then Pedro carried our luggage to the cabin whilst Fernando gave us a tour, explained how things worked, breakfast hours and then left us to settle in. We were fortunate enough to stay in NUBE which is the best cabin in the resort. NUBE has two rooms with a smaller bed in the back room along with a toilet, shower and covered terrace. Complimentary toiletries and lovely soft bath and beach towels were provided as well as bottles of water which you could fill up from the main water machine in the reception as much as you want. I thought this was genius as the resort is quite far from any supermarket it saved us going out to buy bottles and encouraged us to keep hydrated. WIFI was free and we were lucky as we got the best WIFI reception in the resort as our cabin was next to and above the restaurant where the WIFI point is. WIFI is also free and available in the reception area. WIFI is very important to my partner so this was a plus! We had breakfast included in our rate and it was delicious, as much tea/coffee and orange juice as you could manage along with fresh bread, butter, jams, then finished with an enormous portion of fresh tropical fruits, yogurt and granola. YUM! Extras were available, such as huevos rancheros, scrambled eggs etc and the chef was happy to substitute our fruit salad for a cooked option. We spent our days lounging and sunbathing on the cushioned sunbeds outside our cabin, along with the sunbeds there was also a double sunbed and several hammocks which were quite a novelty. The selection of sunbeds, both single, double, hammock style and hammocks was plentiful and noone struggled for space. We were right by the sea so spent a lot of time in the water, the Caribbean sea is beautiful, crystal clear and warm. The beach is so white and sandy. Paradise:) A plus point and something very cute is that at night the turtles come out of the sea and slowly walk up the beach to lay eggs, Fernando did explain this when we checked in so we made a point to go out one night and watch. Super cute.

We did spot a baby lizard or two in our cabin but they were cute, I spotted the odd ant or butterfly too but this is to be expected in a jungle, beach area.

We would definitely go back to Luv Tulum and probably stay for longer, our short stay was due to a short time in Mexico and we travelled round Quintana Roo and Yucatan so needed all our time! If you haven't been go and if you have been then I'm sure you'd go again! Pepe and Fernando - muchas gracias and keep up the fantastic work, you should be very proud.

Debbie and Mehdi x

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Debbie M
Reviewed 23 July 2013

I visited Luv Tulum for a long weekend as a birthday gift from my boyfriend. From the powder white sand to the basic layout of the outside loungers, this place could coax anyone into relaxing. Everyone in reception..Daisy, Fernando, and Gloria were very helpful. They assisted us in getting reservations for activities and made sure one of our requests for a modification of our room was fulfilled. The restaurant is so so for anyone who does not eat sea food, but breakfast is very fresh and healthy. Staff is friendly and calming. We had drinks on the beach every evening that were great! If you are looking to hang on the beach all day, you couldn't get any better than Luv Tulum. My only disappointment was the room (hut) itself. I knew it would be rustic, but I didn't know that there would be a million ways for bugs to get into the room. We stayed in a room called Sueno, which on the website is "ocean view" as opposed to "ocean front". I think this is false advertising as the only way to see the ocean from the small window is to sit in the window seat. I think for most travelers ocean view means you can see the ocean without having to get right next to the window. Since sueno is tucked in between two other double level structures we were pretty hot every night without the direct ocean breeze to cool things down. The hut's thatched roof hangs down so low that you have to duck to get in the door. I would imagine this would feel quaint and cozy to some, but for me it was like crawling into a tent. Inside it is VERY rustic with paint drippings in the corner and open storage for stuff. The bathroom is fine, but this is where the bugs come out at night and there is only a heavy fabric for privacy. The bed is surprisingly comfortable with quality sheets. The front "porch" area was perfect, with sturdy chairs in the sand and here you DO have a nice view of the most gorgeous beach and ocean. So, there are nicer places to stay in Tulum, but Luv Tulum is quite nice and welcoming...just make sure to get a room that is actually facing the ocean and I think you will be satisfied.

Room Tip: Only go here if there is a "beach front" room or it is a cooler month. A higher room woul...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 July 2013

Learned about the Luv Tulum restaurant at a supermarket in Tulum; My father-in-law asked for assistance from a man standing next to him on how to locate a price tag on an item, and the owner showed him how to use a currency reader for items in the store. We learned that we were staying close to his restaurant, and he recommended visiting for the live music that evening. We did not make it in that evening, but we ate there the next day for lunch. I highly recommend the fish and shrimp tacos as well as the club sandwich. The club sandwich was huge, in fact, it was almost too much for one person. Great service, nice view, and reasonable prices for food and margaritas!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 July 2013

After having spent hours looking at pictures and reading reviews of Tulum hotels (it can get overwhelming, right???), we are so stoked that we got it right with Luv Tulum. To validate our decision (and to just enjoy the amazing area), we literally walked up and down all of Tulum (as my wife wanted to make sure we absolutely did pick the best place...), and we can say with confidence that we totally got it right - not to mention having received this same feedback from people walking by on the beach salivating at our place. My wife and I were looking for a piece of paradise to celebrate our 15 year wedding anniversary. We were like little kids when we got into our room and looked around. I felt drunk and didn't even have a margarita yet (ok a few beers on the taxi ride down - do not rent a car!). The soft, clean, powdery white sand, complemented with palm trees peppering the beach, and the crystal, warm, clean clear water confirmed that we found it! ("It" being paradise.) The property itself was amazing, albeit rustic which is what we were looking for. We stayed in Paz (next to Amor), both of which are literally the closest rooms in all of Tulum to the water right on the sand! We were on the 2nd story with a high thatched ceiling, huge king bed with mosquito nets (not that we needed it in the room), glass doors that completed the entire side facing the incredible view, which we were able to futher enjoy on the gigantic balcony with hammock and seating (of which we could have thrown a small party on). I spent every afternoon on the balcony which provided over a 180 degree view of the beach around. I couldn't help but cheers every passerby who were either taking pictures of our room or just looking up in envy. The bathroom and shower that gave you an outside feel was just fine (water power was good enough, tempurature great for those of you so concerned..., and yes they used recycled salt water but you could barely tell - even my wife w/ long hair - after all, you're in an eco-lodge and area). Simple, rustic, charming, romantic, and organic are words that come to mind. The entire hotel is I believe no more than 15 rooms which keeps it quaint and intimate. The english speaking staff is incredibly friendly, helpful, responsive and trustworthy. Clean rooms provided each day. You get to know the other guests (if you want) in the nice little restuarant on the beach (excellent free/included complete breakfast by the way!), and it was nice to have such a friendly international clientele to compare notes with each day about what to do (if you want to do anything outside of just enjoying the beach) - Irish, Australian, Russian, Britsh, Swiss & fellow Americans. The beach area was what you would see on a Corona commercial - palapas, big beach beds, upscale lounge chairs, swings, and hammocks under palm trees in it's own semi-private beach area with the sun shining down on it (we had great weather 5 of the 7 days). I couldn't get enough of it, and now that I'm back in reality, all I want to do is go back to Luv Tulum.... Happy to answer any questions. So you understand our demographics, my wife and I are worldy 41 year olds going on 31 living in Los Angeles, CA (two young kids who stayed home with grandpa). We've been to over 30 countries around the world having stayed in the crappiest bungalows on the beaches of Thailand, to hostels in Europe, to 5 star hotels around the States & Caribbean.

Room Tip: Choose Paz or Amor! They are the two rooms on the 2nd floor, closest to the water, with the biggest...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank KevSF777
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Well where to start, this place is amazing. We stayed in Room named "Nube" which i recommend to every one.

The room we stayed in was huge, with a big closet area, two separate rooms. I stayed here with my Fiancé so the second bedroom was not needed, but we used it none the less as it is on top of the Restaurant which has WiFi and we could only get the free WiFi from the back room of our room.

Any way, the main room, is just amazing, you will be required to climb a few stairs to get to the room, but well worth it. or main living room which was separated from the main bedroom by a curtain, (optional we just left ours open, so the living room and bedroom were just one room.) The living room area had a nice couch in it which faced the ohhh so amazing Tulum beaches, with the perfect white sand and clear blue warm water from the Caribbean. All beds had a big mosie net over them, which we used all but the last night, and realised that the mosquito factor was not all that bad.

As soon as you leave your room you are on that perfect beach, with a sun bed out side your room, where you can just soak up the sun and drink your day away if you like. The staff at the restaurant, are so very pleasant and willing to do any thing to make your stay enjoyable. I recommend you get your self a Pina Colada from the bar staff as there is nothing artificial in it, they blend up a fresh Pineapple to get you the pineapple juice.

there is a convenience store just across the road from the resort, which is handy, but know that their variety is limited.

The staff are great and the rooms are well kept, in fact the whole complex is well kept. The Tulum Ruins are a short cab fair from the resort. 60-100 M$ will get you there. Bring water.

The restaurant has some good food but not the greatest variety. Although the staff are prepared to offer you the breakfast menu for dinner, or the dinner menu for lunch. how ever you might like it.. just ask. You are not confined to the "LUV Tulum" restaurant though, as you take a stroll down the beach you will find that all the other resorts welcome passer buyers in to their restaurant. so there is a good variety if you venture away from the resort.

Now a few things that kind of didn't work for me although i do understand that Tulum is "eco Friendly" so many may like this concept.

1. There is no Air-conditioning in the complex. Those that have not been to Mexico, you should know it can get quite hot, and the breeze off the Caribbean is not a cool one... i did struggle to sleep in the heat. But during the day we were active so a no air conditioned room had no effect on us during the day... But for those of you you that prefer the convenience of a cooled room, you may want to re think this place. (although i believe that most of the resorts in Tulum don't have air-conditioning due to the Eco Friendliness. )

2. No Fridge, so not only were the rooms hot, cold water was unavailable unless you went down to the bar, but that closed at about midnight. Ohh and the convenience store across the road doesn't have a fridge either. (the hotel does supply you with two bottles of water daily though.)

3. Im the type of person that requires a TV to fall asleep (strange possibly), No TV or Radio. not the biggest issue, but at night there wasn't much to do and a TV may have been convenient...

and

4. Luv Tulum is quite a drive from the heart of Tulum city or the main strips. Not really a walking distance... well at least not for me. It is about a 10-15 minute Taxi ride away from the town, and should cost between $100-130 (Mexican $). There are a few stores on the hotel strip where you can get some cloths or souvenirs from, but are pricy.

ATM are far and few between. Although there are surrounding hotels that posses an ATM, they don't always work. We had to catch a Taxi in to town to use an ATM, so be aware of this, get some cash before you get to the resort. Luv Tulum does accept Master card and Visa, as do the surrounding resorts.

Prices at "Luv" are fair, and the rooms are nice, and well kept. Staff is amazing, very helpful, they will greet you with a smile and help you with your bags. if you ask a favour of any of the staff (within reason) you are likely to get what your asking for. Over all I loved the stay, the lack of TV and air-conditioning was not the worst.

Hope you enjoy your travels.

Room Tip: Nube, the only room that has WiFi.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Simon R
Reviewed 27 June 2013

I stayed at Luv Tulum with 2 girlfriends.We loved our stay. Fernando is the new manager and is keeping thing "ship shape". My friends and I are senior citizens that were in this area for a wedding.Our waiters in the restaurant were great

Room Tip: 2nd floor bright and breezy.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends