“Just amazing”
Review of Luv Tulum

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tulum
Luv Tulum
Ranked #23 of 98 Hotels in Tulum
Reviewed 30 December 2013

We have been in Luv Tulum in october and we had an awsome time. Luv Tulum is a smal and very individual hotel. All the staff was very friendly and helpfull. We nearly ate every day at the restaurant. The food was great and the prices very resonable. Luv Tulum ist not a luxury accommodation but it is very charming and you really get good value for your money. We loved the beach and the relaxed atmosphere in Tulum and definitly want to come back.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank 463LauraW
There are newer reviews for Luv Tulum

Reviewed 26 December 2013

Luv Tulum provided an ideal place for pretty much whatever you wanted to make of your time there. The room was clean,comfortable and functional (mosquito netting came in handy one night), the service was always with a big smile and bright eyes (yes, I will fill your water bottle again and do you want some more aloe cut from this plant? :)), the property was nicely laid out and our location stunning (2nd floor balcony ocean view), the breakfasts were GREAT -complete with some lovely conversation with other guests and staff and TUNES (who doesn't like a little Scorpions "Winds of Change" at breakfast?). :)
I appreciated all the advice from the staff as well as the other guests there. SO MANY of the guests were so very interesting and getting to know them was one of the highlights of my trip. One highlight: making sand balls with a little Swiss girl who spoke NO English (and I speak no Swiss German) and seeing if we could get them to stick together enough to plop into the ocean without falling apart... (we only succeeded about 2 times out of about 30 attempts, but OH HOW FUN!).
I had the good fortune to meet the owner. He explained why they didn't have an espresso machine... uses more energy than the coffee pot so they would have to have a LOUD generator and he didn't want to disturb the guests this way. Great decision Mr. Grant (he very much resembles Hugh Grant... :)). He also could use some dancing lessons... or maybe just counting lessons as he seemed to forget how to count to 4... ;)
Stay at Luv. You'll enjoy.... but I guess it all depends on your intention and your ability to live joyfully in the moment... (Hector, I hope you recovered quickly from your immune let-down). BIG HUGS to Juan and Mau, David, Leonardo, and Daisy!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank WildRicePatty
Reviewed 8 December 2013

I spent 12 nights here to relax, unwind, swim in the sea, run on the beach, and basically chill out. All was achieved, plus more. The cabanas are right on the beach, nicely appointed and private. There are plenty of restaurant options along the beach for lunch and dinner. There are only 12 cabanas, which makes for a private, calm and peaceful retreat. Mostly geared to couples and solo.

Room Tip: All are great, with beach and sea views. Second floor gets a better sea breeze.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Martin R
Reviewed 5 December 2013

I will begin by saying that our trip started off a bit rocky. About 4 days before our arrival we got an email saying that our room we booked (Ocean Front King) was taken due to a property dispute (best explained in beachreader's review). But they were very quick in resolving the issue. Within a day, they were able to move some things around we were still able to say at Luv. Whew! What we ended up with was a Double Queen Ocean Front ("Agua"). Not right up on the sand but honestly, I don't think anyone can complain about their view. The location of this place is like a dream!

With the room being on the 2nd floor, we caught a bit of a breeze. I was actually cold at night and had a bit of trouble sleeping. But when I did sleep, I could hear the waves in my dreams and literally had beach themed dreams. When I awoke, we played on the beach as much as our adventurous schedule would allow. Seriously like I was IN my beachy-dreams :) All the loungers were very comfortable and mostly in the sun (and easy to move if needed).

With the unfortunate changes that LUV is going through, I think reception was a bit distracted and forgot to mention where to get our free breakfast. Our 2nd morning (stayed 3 nights) we happened to stop by at Casa Violeta and to our surprise, they had us sign off on our meals.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay and have a lot of pictures to prove it :)

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 December 2013

My partner and I have just returned from a week at Luv Tulum in Tulum. It was wonderful, the most beautiful place we've ever been to. The staff were all so warm and welcoming and couldn't do enough for us. The beach cabanas are all lovely with stunning sea views. This is such a wonderfully relaxing place to be on the most stunning beach imaginable. Hope we manage to return one day!

Room Tip: All the rooms are lovely
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Kazroz66
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Luv has become one of my favorite places to stay in Tulum (and I've stayed in a lot of different places in Tulum). It has a wonderful combination of great beach (with great beach furniture, important when you're hanging out for hours on end), rustic elegance in room design and happy, helpful staff. Daysi, in particular, is a true standout, and has been with the hotel for several years, longer than anyone else other than perhaps the cleaning team (who are also fun and charming).

I will mention here that Luv has been hit with an unfortunate property dispute that has resulted in them losing their cute beachfront restaurant space and three rooms on that north side. They still have their staff, the beach and their best rooms, and they'll move the restaurant back into the old reception space, so all will be moving forward as smoothly as possible. This is not a government thing by the way, simply a situation with the ultimate owners of the land the hotel has been built on, and a very small piece of it has been sold to someone else. It's unfortunate, but because of the labyrinthine land titles in the area, this kind of thing happens in Tulum from time to time and it's best to roll with it. I, for one, will definitely be staying with them again.

So, this was my fourth stay at Luv, and this time I was able to reserve the room Paz. The twin of Amor, these two rooms occupy one of the best spots on the entire beach, a view of nothing but sky and water, not even a palm tree (though I love palm tree views such as I had from the Caracol and Agua rooms that I stayed in before). Very comfortable king bed and a good, strong oscillating fan that I only needed because it was raining so much during my stay that I kept the windows closed at night.

One feature shared by all Luv rooms is great storage. There's always plenty of room for everything you could possibly bring, and this is a luxury not found in many hotels on the beach.

The beach is well maintained, raked every morning and any bits of trash retrieved quickly. As I mentioned before, the beach furniture is all very comfortable, a selection of loungers and flat beds. Personally, I would like to see a few chairs of the Adirondack variety, but that's just me. :-)

The included full breakfast was great. Excellent coffee and juice (I think maybe an orange/pina combo? I never asked but it was very tasty), and choices of a yogurt/fruit/granola plate or eggs of any kind. I had huevos rancheros, divorciados and an omelet, all very good.

Comfortable, beautiful, secure and in a great location on the beach, a bit toward the south end but not all the way down. Also in this neighborhood is Om Tulum, Casa Violeta, and it's an easy stroll to La Zebra for salsa night. Across the street is the popular seafood restaurant Simple, a little shop and the restaurant La Onda, that's the one with the open pizza oven right on the road. La Onda suffered a bad fire last June and they've been closed ever since; they'd just reopened the week I was there so I was able to have a really nice meal there. They do their pizza a little bit thicker/softer than a lot of Tulum pizzas, which sometimes come out like toppings on a cracker.

OK, sorry for the mini review of La Onda, but they're nice folks so I'm sure Luv won't mind. :-)

Had a wonderful stay at Luv and can't wait for the next one (when hopefully the sun will shine the whole time)!

Room Tip: Honestly, almost all of the rooms are right on the beach with unimpeded views. There are two a bit...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank Beachreader
Reviewed 26 November 2013

We didn't want to leave after four days. It was amazing! The staff is very friendly and the rooms and the view is amazing. The restaurant is very good and we viewed the baby turtles two nights in a row. We really miss Luv Tulum!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple