“Luv'd Luv”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Luv Tulum

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tulum
Luv Tulum
Ranked #22 of 92 Hotels in Tulum
Old Saybrook
“Luv'd Luv”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

I arrived as a tourist looking forward to much sun, surf, yoga and solice and left behind a family, my soul fulfilled. I traveled with a group on a yoga retreat, we took over the whole property and the staff at Luv took care of us like family and tended to every need. The food was incredible; healthy, lovingly prepared, and clean - a great compliment to our diligent yoga practice. I'm looking forward to many returns. Also still want recipes to the Lemon Chicken Soup, Jimica Salad, Lentil Salad. XO miss you guys. Ellen Wasyl - The Yoga Shop

Room Tip: Highly recommend 2nd floor rooms for optimal ocean view and breezes.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Ellen W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Charlottesville, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

A dream spot for rest and relaxation (we have travelled the world). Well, thats what we went for. So many fun things to explore but we resisted and opted for some RnR. We already inquired about a return booking. That's how awesome it was.
Carlos and Paola are fantastic host with the biggest smiles I ever seen!
Had the JW Marriott booked for 4 nights in Cancun and cancelled. Location, beach is just not to be believed. People are genuinely happy. Food for lunch and dinner is perfect and plenty of foodie places in walking distance. Okay, so want a massage. Marco is a 10! The energy message is something you have never felt before. Beautiful human being. Thanks for everything! See you in December.

Room Tip: Ocean front kings are on top of the waves-our choice. Hear the waves every minute. Most people like...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Talk0fthet0wn
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

Looked at loads of places on the beach and was sold on the pictures of Sol(Ocean Front King Room) and it did not disappoint! Right on the beach with its own verrander and sofa and 25 paces frm the sea. Early morning swims are a must! The inside is rustic but prettily decorated and always clean.
We were looking for 10 nights and were flxible with the dates so they gave us a good rate so it is worth emailing them beforehand to see if they have any deals. Currently you can only book with them directly and they wanted us to pay in advance via paypal but evrything ran smoothly.
The staff are execeptionaly helpful and frindly, taking a genuine interest in their guests. We wanted to visit lots of the attractions but not with the big tourist groups so they ut us in touch with a local guide by the name of Allan. Lovely guy, good English and he will arrange to take you whevever you want to go and has great knowledge of mayan history and the local area.
The restaurant amenities are minimal but there a loads of great places to eat along the beach. Our favourite two being SImple and Cenzotle.
The only negative comment would be that their bar and restaurant close at 18:00pm so it is difficult to even get a cold drink after that. One thing to help might be to leave a cooler box full of ice outside the bar area when they are closed, at least then you get ice and cool your own drinks. With it being so hot it is necessary to have a constant flow of cold drinks in ready supply!
Beautiful setting and would definately choose again. Can not recommend enough.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Jody S
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

These cabanas are simply fantastic. Shabby chic interiors, a great breach location, friendly welcome and a short walk to a whole host of great restaurants. If and when we go to Tulum back I’d definitely consider another 3 or 4 nights here.

Room Tip: We were on upper floor of the cabana - I personally think it's even better than being on the gro...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Miamatt
Lisbon, Portugal
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

Lovely boutique cabanas - can't call it a hotel - on Tulum beach, distancing 30 metres from the sea. The room was ample and the beds confortable, and the staff very solicitous. Of course being in touch with nature has its drawbacks when a bird starts chirping outside your window at 6 AM...
Also, the breakfast could (should, for the price!) be better.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Francisca F
England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

Perfect place. After hours pouring over various places in Tulum, I picked Luv Tulum. I picked well! Our ocean-front room was as close to the ocean as you could get. It was closer than any of the other cabanas on Tulum beach. Room was tasteful,clean and had the most fantastic view over across the sea. Breakfasts were simple and yummy with options for extras. We were here for 7 days staying in 2 different rooms and we were just so happy with it. We wanted a barefoot boutique beach bolt-hole and this was it! Watching the sun rise from our room over the ocean will be unforgettable. The beach was the softest sand I have ever walked on. All the staff were super-friendly from initially booking to leaving. Just beautiful!

Room Tip: Luna - ocean front
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank pgEngland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

I stayed solo at Luv Tulum for four nights recently and had a great time! The beach and location are fantastic. The public areas - beach beds, outdoor/indoor seating for restaurant, lobby, etc - are all beautiful and lovely, and well maintained being swept daily. The rooms were great, I ended up seeing three and each was a bit different. Some had smaller beds which would not be ideal for a couple or a very tall person though, but the king bed was fantastic. Everything was clean and done daily. My one note was that these are cabanas so they are not 100% keeping bugs out even with screens on the doors (there are small gaps in the structure). But I didn't actually see any bugs in my room and had no issues with mosquitoes even though there are nets. The charm of Tulum is the rustic nature, so this is part of it. I would definitely return to this hotel!

There is some construction going on during the daytime right now as Luv appears to be expanding. It was slightly annoying when sitting in the sun on the daybeds at times if they were using power tools, but it did not at all disturb me in my room or wake me up. Personally it didn't bother me, and I only noticed it when I sat closest to that side of the property.

Room Tip: I actually preferred the rooms off the ocean.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo