My husband and I loved Cabanas la Conchita! It is very quiet and relaxing and right on the beach. Not having any electrical outlets was just fine with us, as the front desk is happy to charge your cell or camera as often as you need them to. This is a rustic place - the cabanas are not entirely enclosed and do not have air conditioning, and the water in the shower just trickles, but we didn't have a problem with any of that. Electricity from 6 to 10 worked fine, and after 10 you get to light all the candles that they provide (and replenish daily) for a very romantic atmosphere. The fan ran all night which is great, and helped cool us down quite a bit. I just wish they were able to run the fans all day!
We stayed in cabana #7 for our first night, then moved on to #1 which was the best cabana of all, followed by cabana #4 which had the best breeze and got the least direct sun which made it cooler, but also had the least impressive non-direct view. Cabana #7, we felt, didn't have enough privacy and didn't have a view or a breeze, but it was still lovely.
Everyone who works there is very friendly and accommodating and they want nothing but for you to be comfortable. We were even invited for a special dinner with the staff one evening when they made fresh ceviche, and it was very wonderful.
All in all, we would definitely recommend this hotel for anyone NOT looking for a cookie cutter big-name chain hotel. It's definitely a little piece of heaven.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Hotel Tulum CalaLuna We are here to realize your dream holiday unforgettable!! For our customers, we do everything... Hotel CalaLuna Tulum have 50 meters of private beach, with white sand and turquoise sea, in the sea of Tulum, 4 the most beautiful beach in the world More variety and availability of rooms, rooms for families, couples, single or friends The hotel Hotel Calaluna Tulum will be your vacation retreat, permitting you to enjoy the sound of nature. If you are lucky, you will be a spectator of the sea turtles hatching, and might even be able to return one of the baby turtles to the ocean... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hotel CalaLuna Tulum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cabanas La Conchita Tulum
- Cabanas La Conchita Hotel Tulum
- Tulum Cabanas