US$535
US$522
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$704/night.

US$367
US$357
US$261
US$196
Savings alert! 46% below average rates

The price you found is 46% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$361/night.

US$331
US$148
US$145
US$505
US$492
All reviewsgranolaroyal roomfresh fruitcala lunaceiling fanprivate beachhuevos rancherosevery morningbeach towelsmosquito netour honeymoonocean breezehear the wavessun loungerspalm treesincluded breakfastlaid back
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Hotel has 2 propreties split by a road

Pros:
Great location if you are on the beach front property as I was
Serenity
Friendly staff

Cons:
I just couldn't manage without a fridge and iron (runs on solar so not allowed)
Expensive location for food etc. compared to prices downtown
Had some issues with hot water and been a while I saw quite some ants in my room

Overall, a good place to unwind and destress if you intend to go off grid

Cons are possibly a personal opinion as I admittedly like a pristine, contemporary abode but gave this a try

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 April 2018

We stayed for a week in April 2018 and very much enjoyed the hotel. We had reserved the "Royal Room, Ocean View" and it was fantastic - we were literally about four steps from the beach with our own balcony and chairs overlooking the water. The room itself was large with lots of windows and screens, very comfortable.

The hotel does have limited parking (I'd estimate enough for maybe about ten cars?), and we never had an issue getting a spot.

Hotel staff were always very friendly and helpful whenever we had questions or requests.

I also thought the WiFi was pretty impressive - I had been looking forward to "unplugging" for the week, but it was really helpful to be able to bounce around on Yelp and TripAdvisor when we were planning our days/evenings.

As far as the area goes, we thought it was perfect. If you go a mile or two further south things get a lot more exclusive (expensive), and Hotel Calaluna is right in a cluster of shops/bars/restaurants that are all very good and in the middle-tier price range. We loved being able to walk over to Puro Corazon and Mateo's for the sunset bars, and being next door to Mivida. We also booked scuba diving with Mexidivers, another short walk from the hotel.

We'd definitely stay at this hotel again!

Room Tip: If you can, go ocean view!
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jbrody831
Reviewed 7 April 2018

I honestly don't know why there aren't more reviews about this place! Amazing, "private" beach with nothing to do but RELAX. It is closer to the ruins, gran cenote, and the city so a great time to rent bikes and do a lot of your excursions here.

My bf and I stayed here for our first couple of nights in Tulum and couldn't be happier. We booked our stay with Expedia and everything went smoothly. We actually got super lucky and booked one of the Romantic Suites, which sat right in front of the beach with a hammock and all (truly amazing). Walter and I believe his name was Fernando, were great hosts and always gave us great tips when we explored.

Cons - it was a little further up north in Tulum than we had anticipated and there wasn't much nightlife or budget-friendly restaurants nearby that were within 10 mins of walking. Just FYI for younger people.

Pros - Convenient store right across the street with tons of sunscreen, snacks, water, etc. We really came to appreciate this considering the next place we stayed at was further south and it took us FOREVER to find a convenient store. FREE breakfast, regular things like granola, yogurt, fruit, scrambled eggs, etc. There was also a money exchange place a few doors down (17 pesos to 1USD) which was amazing for us considering our next place didn't have a money exchange nearby or even ATMs that dispensed pesos. Since our room was right on the beach, we really didn't hear anything but the waves every morning and night (with a little bit of music coming from Azulik hotel next door).

The beach is "private" but is actually shared by their neighboring hotels. It is an adult-beach and people were naked, but we did see a few children randomly at times.

Room Tip: Rooms on the beach were more quiet and have an amazing view - Romantic Suite I believe.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kia V
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Ohio family living part time cancun decided to drive down to tulum/punta allen for one night stay; booked 2 rooms at calaluna for 5 people. Awakened at 1 am by security saying only 2 people allowed in my sons room (3 boys total; all asleep). So I offered to pay extra whatever they felt fair; but the night security guard and night manager insisted only 2 per room. I pleaded it was 1AM and there were no other rooms at calaluna. I had to leave at 2 AM with my son leaving my wife and other 2 boys there. This is unacceptable behavior by crass, uncaring and inflexible staff. 35 visits to tulum over past 10 years, Diamante K,Papaya playa; cabanas tulum all wonderful. This Calaluna has internal attitude problems and does not deserve to be in business in such a magical place such as Tulum

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank elwYoungstown
Reviewed 1 March 2018 via mobile

It was the most beautiful location - just next to the Sea, with the beach within the property and each room with a sea view...
BUT...
without knowledge we had booked a room just next to the Carretera - and this means it was loud with all the trucks and mopeds and hundreds of cars passing by and honking on this super busy road. People screaming, hammering or getting their shops ready the next morning.
Beach Towels are for rent for 20US$ each, and breakfast is nothing special but def ok since it’s included.
The shower wasn’t able to provide flowing warm water. Either it was just cold or boiling and in drips. Hairdryer, water kettle or even a TV were just nice wishes. Don’t get me wrong, you don’t need all of these in a location like that. But if you did, it should be provided when a hotel calls itself 4star (on booking.com) and costs (at the moment) 120US$ per night (when paid cash, 10% discount, otherwise 132$). Way too much for our room! Maybe ok for the front row.
In addition we had the only room that had no hammock hung up. We asked for one and were told that they would put it up just in the next 20mins - and it never happened.
We had a good time in Tulum, diving in cenotes, drinking mojitos in Mateos, but this hotel is only good when you know you’ve got one of the front row rooms. And I was really disappointed about the missing hammock.
All other than that the staff was nice and friendly.
To add: there is no proper description of the rooms, at least not on booking.com. We didn’t know that there was garden or sea side, and so we can call us happy to have gotten sea side. There is no description that some rooms in both grounds are practically on the Carretera - a super busy road day and night.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple