“welcome to paradise!!”

and 1 more site!
Villa Las Estrellas
Ranked #57 of 98 Hotels in Tulum
Reviewed 3 April 2013

We loved Villas las Estrellas Tulum -- the rooms, the people, the beach, the food, the buena honda ....
Its as in your dreams: Blue Sky, Green Ocean, Palms and white Sand. Couldn't have asked for a better getaway. Simone the owner is incredible.

We love you!

Room Tip: The suites are fantastic
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank andrew c

Reviewed 11 March 2013

We spent 10 days in room #5 and must say that the stay was quite wonderful. The service was superb from management to housekeeping to the restaurant. My wife has an addiction to lattes and I never thought I would find one up to her standards on the Tulum Beach, but La Estrellas served the best ones she has ever had. The room was a little smaller than I expected, but was fine for the two of us and a king size bed with a great balcony overlooking the ocean. I ordered through Loco Gringo http://www.locogringo.com and would recommend them with a 10!

I left my prescription glasses in the room and because of Homeland Security regulations, the hotel's owner, Simone, could not mail them to the US. Scott of Loco Gringo was down there at their office in Akumal, got my glasses, returned to the US with them and mailed them to me himself. Talk about service!!!!!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RobMilwaukee
Reviewed 20 February 2013

We were very satisfied with our stay at Las Estrellas. The food is very good and the vaitors very nice especially the mayan people!!! The rooms are very nice and the total feeling is at least five star for the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank 666Ingegerd
Reviewed 18 February 2013

I was expecting/hoping laidback, but nice and charming small beach house type experience. We didn't get it.To be honest, on leaving after 3 days, we were pleased to be leaving our room we couldn't walk around in the morning because our footsteps awoke the downstairs neighbours and to also leave a hotel that seemed to confuse laidback with lazy and indifferent. The best bit is the location, which is at the start of the nice bit of Tulum beach; the further south you go, the nicer and less crowded it becomes. And the waiters who were generally very nice. However, these do not compensate the negatives, which include a room that never felt properly clean or laundered; a management team that were smiley but useless; a breakfast where asking for more coffee or some extra bread felt a huge intrusion (the tactic of delaying any fresh coffee or bread for 10 minutes wasn't going to work; I had all day, I was on holiday so wasn't going anywhere); and a general feeling that we were in a place that used to be good but then got complacent and started trying to cut corners to bolster profit margins by a couple of dollars. It felt mean.

I think you can tell I have no love for the place. Maybe you will enjoy it more than me, but we moved to another place (Be Tulum) which was nearly twice the price, but simply world's apart superior in every aspect and manages to be relaxed, charming and natural, yet highly professional, efficient and worth every penny.

Room Tip: We had room 3, a corner room on upper floor, supposedly one of the nicest. It was ok, but you couldn...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MrnMrsBales
Reviewed 30 January 2013

My girlfriend stayed at this hotel and I came by for a visit in the afternoon. The place is adorable...each room/hut has a hammock outside and a great view. Don't miss the restaurant for a delicious and filling lunch overlooking the beach. Service was great...food delicious and large portions!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank photogfan
Reviewed 9 January 2013

Visited the restaurant here in December 2012. We were not guests at the hotel and I have to comment that we had some of the worst service in all my years of travel. We came at the end of the lunch crowd and because there was no table available we waited for 20 minutes which was fine. We really wanted to eat here so we agreed to take a table for 4 even though there were five of us. Shortly after being seated, larger tables became available but no one offered to move us. We had to ask for a menu and received one to share. We had to flag a waiter and ask if we could order drinks. We again had to call a waiter and ask to place a food order. We waited for about 45 minutes after receiving our drinks when an empty table behind us was set out with food presumably pre-ordered by hotel guests off the beach. When they came to the table they commented how they had received fish tacos which they didn't order but would keep them. We had ordered fish tacos and our order didn't come out. At this point I asked the hostess if we were receiving such bad service because we weren't guests of the hotel. She checked with the serving staff and said there was a problem in the kitchen and our food would come soon however if I wanted she could cancel the order. I said that after waiting an hour we were hungry and didn't want to start over elsewhere! Eventually four meals came out - including fish tacos - but we were short another meal. We mentioned this to the waiter and he said it would be just a few moments. They had forgotten to order it in the kitchen and the meal didn't arrive until all of us were finished eating ours. We asked if we would be charged for this very late and obviously forgotten portion and he said yes and we would have to discuss it with the hostess/manager if we weren't happy. She told us that there was nothing she could do and they were not prepared to compensate us in any way. A VERY disappointing experience overall and certainly not interested in customer service. In fairness to the establishment, the quality of the food was good.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank seca
Reviewed 5 January 2013

I have recently moved to Cozumel Island, which is a 45min. boat ride and about 50min. car ride away from Tulum. Whenever I can I make my way over to Tulum and out of all the restaurants/beach settings I have been to, Villa Las Estrellas is definitely my favorite. Not only in it a beautiful, hip and unique restaurant on the beach, it is also an amazingly gorgeous hotel/villas. On the beach there are comfortable lounge chairs with small wooden tables. There are hammocks and palm tree covers for shade. This area of Tulum can get a bit windy so it is the perfect spot for watching the kite and wind surfers. The food is excellent and the service is even better. Villas Las Estrellas definitely exceeded my expectations and it quickly became my favorite hangout on the beach in Tulum!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family