“Fabulous”

and 1 more site!
Villa Las Estrellas
Ranked #57 of 99 Hotels in Tulum
Reviewed 13 May 2014

The rooms are gorgeous! The staff was incredible. The food in the restaurant was delicious. The ocean was one step out our door and was beautiful. Nice, nice people. Towels in the shape of swans and bunnies were left on our bed each day. We left our windows and doors open with screens and slept like babies. Nothing bad to say!

Room Tip: We were in Room 6. It is upstairs so had a deligtful breeze!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Foodie800

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Came here with the bf for my 30th birthday and man did I love this place. When we arrived the the view was absolutely breathtaking! We had a room on the 2nd floor of the main house and overlooking the water and the beach below. As soon as you walk into the room you are greeted to an awesome view of tulum beach from the comfort of your bed! Our balcony had private beach access which i liked alot.

The room decor was beautifully decorated in a coastal chic manner. I loved the lite jazz music playing from the speaker in our room. It totally enhanced the lazy beach vacay mood :) For Mexico, the bed was very comfortable and not hard like most beds you get at the AI resorts. Bathroom was small and shower pressure kind of sucked, but didn't put a damper on our trip in the least.

The restaurant area facing the beach was great and relaxing. Loved the morning breakfast of fruits and pastries and coffee and juices.

Overall the place was just perfect for couples and those looking to relax in a beautiful setting without having to go too rustic. No AC, but the ocean breeze was more than enough. If I had any complaint it would be that the food is on the pricey side and, at least the lasagna my bf ordered, was rather underwhelming. I had the caprese which was good, but not great. Loved the pineapple juice. I can't speak for the other restaurant dishes. I think we spent almost $50 for that meal and were a little disappointed if not for the yummy juice! Other than that, we loved the place and would definitely go back!

Room Tip: 2nd floor rooms facing the ocean were amazing!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

We didn't stay overnight here, but stumbled upon the place hungry and thirsty on our way to Hartwood restaurant in tulum. What a fantastic surprise! My boyfriend had the octopus and I had the shrimp tacos, neither dishes we would normally love or order. They were delightful. Wonderful service and beautiful atmosphere. Also the sweetest golden retriever named Tequila to keep you company.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 2 May 2014

My husband, daughter (4YO), and I stayed here in February at peak season. We stayed between cabaña two and three during our four-night stay. It is a beautiful, quiet, comfortable, and relaxing place. The restaurant staff was very friendly, and we were greeted with fun welcoming drinks. The restaurant/breakfast room is a beautiful open sunny space right on the beach. Breakfast was fruit, juice, bread, and coffee; eggs were an additional charge. Our room was spacious and was blissfully mosquito-free. The bed was super comfortable, and we loved our front porch with the nice patio furniture and a giant hammock. If you are traveling with a small child, I highly recommend the cabaña over the standard rooms. The beach is on a beautiful stretch, and there are plenty of lounge chairs, umbrellas, and hammocks to find a lovely quiet spot. My daughter fell in love with Tequila, the resident Golden Retriever.

Our dealings with reservations seemed a bit perfunctory at times compared to the other property we stayed at. I will admit it was a bit bothersome to switch room on the last day of our vacation (and the couple who was checking out of the cabaña 2 that needed to check into seemed to depart very late, so we felt "roomless" for a good stretch of the day). If you do need to switch rooms, don't do it on your last day of vacation. Please note we booked 3.5 months in advance and we had difficulty in getting a reservation for eight nights anywhere, so we stayed four nights here and four nights at another property.

Overall, it is a very peaceful and comfortable place. It seemed to me to be one of the most beautiful places in Tulum. If it is in your budget, I recommend staying here.

Room Tip: Cabaña 1 is closest to the beach, but all the cabañas are lovely.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank k8em
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Looking for a nice small hotel with a sea-view balcony, good restaurant and on a nice beach, me and my fiancée ended up booking 6 nights at Villa Las Estrellas. Good choice, but...

Upon arrival we were greeted by a very nice manager, who offered us two glasses of mimosa while we waited for our room. Didn't take more than 30 minutes 'till we unpacked our stuff.

Rooms are very nice and big, built like bungalows with a nice big canopy bed in the middle of the room and a decent sized balcony with a hammock, facing the beautiful sea. Every room on the second floor has their own stairway to the beach.

The hotel also has three larger bungalows located next to the hotel with their own garden, and just a couple of steps away from the beach. They looked absolutely amazing, but was a bit over our price range at the moment. I would definitely stay in these the next time.

The restaurant at the hotel served an Italian-Mexican fusion, the food was very very nice and not so pricey. They offer you a bar and restaurant tab, so no need to pay cash all the time. The staff were all very friendly and would stop by and talk to you and ask you how it was going if they had time.

The beach was very nice, and enough chairs for everybody. I wish there were some hammocks at the beach as well, and also a couple of double beds wouldn't be bad. A very friendly dog called Tequila live on their beach, and he would often stop by our beach beds to be pet. One night he actually followed us up to our room and went in our beds, we didn't mind!

Beware that there is no AC in the rooms, but we found they were not needed as there is a good temperature inside even though the outside temperature could be up to 35 celsius. Should you be hot, there is a big fan available in your closet.

The shower head in the bathroom was terrible, and they need to replace them. They have absolutely no pressure, so showering was a very long and frustrating thing. There is also salt water coming out of the water pipes, so you should not brush your teeth with the water from the sink. However a couple of bottles of fresh water were provided everyday, so that didn't really matter too much.

We also missed a refrigerator and a mini bar. After a couple of days drinking warm water you get long for a cold drink.

Another thing that needs to be mentioned is the window curtains are all white and transparent, so sleeping in is just not possible as the sun rises above the sea and shines through your room. Be prepared to wake up at 7 am every morning unless you have an eye mask.

The room we had (above the kitchen) was also very noisy as you could hear everything going on in the kitchen and bar area below. Didn't bother us too much but we would definitely stay in another room the next time if we had the chance.

There is a complimentary continental breakfast included, which we found was very tasty. Usually I hate continental breakfast, but here you get a big plate of assorted fruits, freshly baked croissants, homemade bread, jam and the best fresh orange juice we ever had! Did not get tired of the breakfast, even after 6 nights. You can also order pancakes, different style eggs and omelettes at extra cost, but at a reasonable price.

Although some things were not as good as we wanted them to be, it was a very good and relaxing experience staying at the Villa Las Estrellas. A hotel is never perfect, but for the price, location, service and rooms, it's very much worth your money, and we would def stay again!

Room Tip: The room above the kitchen (number 4) can be a bit noisy. If you have the buck, go for the stand alo...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Horabjorg
Reviewed 7 April 2014

We stayed at Estrellas in March 2014 - finding it to be the most perfect spot on the beach. I can honestly say i was blown away when entering the hotel. It has such beautiful views, atmosphere and friendly staff, it was a very exciting entrance and lived up to expectations. I was staying at the hotel with my husband and 22 month old daughter, who was made very welcome and really enjoyed the proximity to the sea. We made the most of the hotel's restaurant, which was top rate and spent a great deal of time sipping on the Margaritas (definitely the best we had in Mexico - what a claim!!).

The thing that made this hotel stand out was it's laid back atmosphere. Staff made you feel very welcome and any requests were quickly seen to with a ease and a smile. I would not hesitate to come back here - in fact, I really hope we do!!!

Room Tip: We enjoyed being in room 1, as it allowed easy access to the beach, which was ideal for our daughter...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank NewYorkyLondener
Reviewed 25 March 2014

I live in Playa del Carmen and often travel to Tulum. I stayed at this lovely hotel. We stayed at Suite #1 with a lovely garden. The rooms are very clean. the only disappointment was that one of our cell phones was stolen, definitely by a housekeeper. We left the phone on an outdoor hammock with other things, left and when returned it was gone. We often receive phone calls from the phone by a staff member. We offered to pay for the phone, just for the contact info on the phone. Beware, some of the housekeeping staff is not honest. Don't leave valuable around!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business