“Excellent Restaurant and Hotel”

Restaurant Piedra Escondida
Ranked #77 of 386 Restaurants in Tulum
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood, Mexican
Good for: View, Kids, Child-friendly, Groups, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Validated Parking, Waitstaff
Description: In the Piedra Escondida Restaurant, a cozy place with spectacular ocean view and an open terrace on the beach, we serve breakfast, lunch and dinner offering favorites such as Pepata di Cozze e Vongole, a dish of mussels and clams or Fish Fillet Tikinchik with annatto. With almost 2 dozen dishes of juicy chicken, perfectly cooked steak and enticing fresh seafood, your meal will delight and please your senses.
Atlanta, GA
“Excellent Restaurant and Hotel”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

We stayed at the hotel and ate at the restaurant twice for dinner, once for lunch, and 3 times for breakfast. The choices were quite varied and every dish we tried was excellent, including the Ceviche and Beef Carpacio, as well as the fish and pasta entrees we tried. The tacos were excellent too! The free / included breakfasts were excellent and more than enough too!

Visited April 2014

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“GREAT LOCATION . FOOD EXPENSIVE!”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

1200 PESOS for two small starters and then a small grilled lobster and a grilled chicken breast! 3 glasses of good house wine . very friendly service . we had visited for our regular sundowner - lured by easy parking opposite ! Beach is enclosed into a very private cove by rocky headlands on both sides . so we returned for dinner . I think its location parking and cove seclusion would make me choose to stay there when we next visit.

• Visited March 2014
Fort Worth, Texas
“Average.”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

The fact that the restaurant is on a beach is the only thing that even makes me call this place average. It's a clean, nice looking restaurant with a pretty nice beach view. Other than that, everything was pretty sub-par. We had breakfast - I had Huevos Motuleños and my husband had Huevos Rancheros. The peas in my motuleños were chalky and disgusting. The potatoes served with my breakfast were oily and soggy and the black beans were overcooked. My husband was not the biggest fan of his breakfast either. We stayed at the hotel next door and ordered drinks from their bar our first day and half on the beach - all of our beer was lukewarm at best. We got smart and went to a gas station in town and bought an ice chest, ice, and our own beer and we were much happier after that.

Visited March 2014
Cleveland, Oh
“Food is Good But Watch Out For Funny Money Changing”
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Hi: Food was good. But paid my waiter with 200 peso bills and he said one of those bills was a 20 peso bill not a 200 peso bill. I have run into this at gas stations but to have a restaurant pull this is just not OK.
So this is a big heads up to watch your money here. I was told I could not use a credit card because they don't have a machine. This is also a hotel, hard for me to believe they don't have a credit card machine.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank BettyCleveland
New York City
“Love the fish and tamarindo margaritas!”
Reviewed 11 January 2014

We have stayed in this hotel twice for a week and ate many times in the restaurant. The breakfasts are superb, and the fish and ceviche always wonderful. We love the margaritas as well.

Visited November 2013