Luna Llena Boutique Hotel
US$467
US$455
US$215
US$209
All reviewstulum townrooms are cleansmall hotelwould definitely stay here againcontinental breakfastfree bikesbeach towelsyogurtjunglemexiconoisetaxisleepingbeaches
Reviewed 30 March 2012

We stayed here for 4 nights and it was a perfect base for exploring all that Tulum has to offer. Nice, clean room, excellent bathroom, with a small balcony (useful for drying swimsuits!). Very good value. Initial booking process directly with the hotel had been a bit chaotic, so we weren't sure what to expect, but once we were there, everything went very smoothly. The receptionist Gabriella, gave us some excellent tips on restaurants and things to do, and was always very friendly and helpful. You do really need a car if you're staying here, but then to make the most of Tulum and the surrounding area, a car is very useful anyway. Only slight disappointment was the breakfast. I didn't expect much given what we'd paid for the room, and mostly it was fine (toast, muffins, yoghurt, fruit), but I thought that to serve juice made from concentrate when you're in the tropics and surrounded by cheap fruit was a bit of a disappointment. That aside, this really was a great base for exploring.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 February 2012

Booked in here on the evening of late arrival to Tulum, we planned to stay at the beach for the rest of our stay. I booked through a third-party website and subsequently did not get good direction to find the hotel, though we managed to find it with some help.

Loved the room, the hotel and clean, fresh style of this hotel. The staff and owner seemed very pleasant and easy-going (especially Gabriella). It's a little out of town, but certainly is value for money.

As for the negative reviews, I have read below I just don't get it. Not a complaint, but useful comment, is that there is very small fee to add eggs to the included breakfast (at the price I paid for our room) I have no issues with that at all. The coffee was very nice and I got refills, which is what I care about more.

Room Tip: Driving south on Tulum's main highway (350) look out for a restraunt to your left (El Camelo - big camel sign), the next left is your turn and has a sign for the hotel.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Backbeat70
Reviewed 29 January 2012

we had a nice welcoming in Posada Luna Llena, very friendly. Really beautifull room with nice clean towels, beddings, great shower, safe, closet, and balcony with clothing line. We did think that the breakfast was somewhat little, especially if you are the last one coming in in the mornings. Next to that it is walkable to town (about 15 minutes if you are fast) but not to the beach, and everything you want to do costs a taxiride. Not much, but still, we would have loved to have a bike with the room as many hotels/hostels have around town. It would make the tour to town and even cenote daytrips much easier and your stay a lot cheaper. Due to construction the builing is pretty noisy, though other guests try to keep their voice down. Als not much sun in the courtyard & swimming pool due to the big builings on both sides (the posada itself). Again, pro's: a beautifull complete room and friendlyness.

Room Tip: ask for one in an other builing then the breakfast builing because of the noise in the morning.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lightfootedhorizon
Reviewed 3 October 2011

Heavy handed tactics, intimidation, threats, theft, lies, and an eviction on a short notice, nothing seems underhanded enough for Francesca. All of these and more were used to evict me after a stay of five months at that hotel. I paid on time, was a quiet client, and the staff liked me. Francesca, who can become hysterical at any moment and hasn't a clue about conducting a business, also has a problem controlling her tongue. She accused me of destroying a chair. Assuredly, this was the product of normal wear and tear, and I stated that hotels are covered by insurance for this sort of thing. This sent her into a hysterical fit, and she resorted to all of the above tactics in order to get rid of me. Great way to treat a client, the only client at the time, for the place was near empty when this happened! If I were you, I would consider any other place than this for my vacation. There are many far better hotels in and around Tulum, so there is no lack of options.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
17  Thank Ben B
Reviewed 30 September 2011

Me and my Wife spent a few days in Tulum, i can tell you this little jem we discover will be always in our thoughts, it was jus perfect, personal attention by the co-owner Francesca....good sleeping, nice location.. We will be back
Ciao Francesca