“Great dive operation”
Review of MOTMOT DIVING

MOTMOT DIVING
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer personalized cavern, cave and reef tours for beginners, advanced, technical and full cave divers. We also provide fun snorkeling tours to cenotes and reefs to see turtles and lots of other marine life. For those wanting to learn more we offer a full range of courses from PADI, IANTD and NACD. Our qualified multilingual staff will recommend a large selection of diving and snorkelling equipment available for sale and rental. We hope to see you soon enjoying the day with us…!!!
London, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great dive operation”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Found Motmot by walking along main road in Tulum. Had done some research on other dive operators but after visiting Motmot dive shop (I checked out their dive kit and compressor and all good) and speaking to Sebastian for 15 mins decided to do day Cenote diving. Chose 3 tank dive (the Pit, and 2 at Dos Ojos as my wife and kids could snorkel there). The Pit is an amazing deep dive and a great introduction to Cenote diving (very clear water, cloud formation at 28m). Dos
Ojos dives are shallow and fairly simple - can be quite busy). Sebastian was a great dive leader and gave full briefing before each dive, got everyone to do safety check when kitting up and when in water (as you would expect). Such was the success diving with Motmot I signed up for a second day with Sebastian (ended up just being us) and dived Angelita (only for the experienced as deep and spooky), Calave (great dive with very clear water and multiple caverns) and The Car Wash. I am an experienced diver and would recommend diving with Sebastian to all other divers.

One last thing - very good bakery next door (same owner) - great chocolate muffin!!

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Tim N

• Hebrew first
Warszawa, Polska
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“All good :) Just as it should be :)”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I found Motmot quite accidentally - just walking along Avenida Tulum, basically for no reason :) Suddenly we stopped in front of Motmot as a friend of mine wanted to buy a mask. She didn't buy one, yet I ended up talking to their staff for 45 minutes, laughing all the time, getting finally my OWD upgrade and some additional dives, including the deep dive in The Pit and experiencing the halocline :) All was great! Thanks to Sebastian I finally take off my mask under water with no fear at all. Amber, Marc, Jaime and Seb - they were all fun and highly professional at the same time. Very demanding, absolutely safe and caring. The equipment was new and properly taken care of. And the cenotes... no words can describe... Overall experience - absolutely positive :) Hope to see you guys again :)

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Aurelia S
Prague, Czech Republic
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Professional Dive Shop-nice people”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I was in Tulum in March 2014. Dive I was two days after three dives. The first time I was with Sebastian (I hope the name is correct). I was lucky and I was the only dive with him . The day was cool and dives were very nice and quiet . The first dive was a bit challenging as it was in cenotes Angelica who is deeper . But overall was a super day . The price was $ 175 for 3 dives and contained everything - entrance to 3 cenotes , equipment , transportation , breakfast, smaller lunch.
The other day I was diving with Chaimi (I hope the name is correct). Again, it was super nice dives a day , including organization. The prize was again $ 175 including everything .
Motmot Diving I can recommend.

Visited March 2014
Vancouver
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Professional Dive Shop”
Reviewed 22 March 2014

I dove last week with Mot Mot. I went to several dive shops in Tulum to check out prices and see what types of dives were availble and Mot Mot was the most professional and gave me the best first impression. The Canadian girl working at the front desk was helpful and laid out all the options for dives. Prices were fair. Equipment was really good. All new bcds and well taken care of regs, wet suites and fins. My girl friend does not scuba but she was able to tag along and snorkle in the cenotes we went to. She had a great time. Dive package included breakfast (at awesome bakery next to shop) and lunch (not great, but after two dives went down with out a problem). Jaimie was our dive master. He was awesome! Very knowledgable, made sure we were all comfortable. Explained dives in detail as well as background info on the area which was really nice. He gave recs for restaurants in Tulum and dive shops at our next location in Cozumel. He really made our experience great.

Dove Dos Ojos and the Pit and all three dives were really cool. So happy we went with Mot Mot and would recommend them to anyone.

Visited March 2014
London, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Good Dive outfit”
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Great diving in the cenotes, Dive instructor very knowledgable and wanted to share the history of the cenotes, people and land. very enjoyable day.

Visited February 2014