“When only the Best will do: Between Cancun, Playa del Carmen and Tulum.”
Review of Riviera Adventours

Riviera Adventours
More attraction details
Owner description: Rejuvenate your body, clear your mind and lift your spirit when you reconnect with your senses while you join us as we explore the waters and jungle of the Riviera Maya. In which ever expedition you choose, you will have the opportunity to de-stress, reconnect with your senses and get into your element - it will be an experience of a lifetime that you will never forget! With over (31) years experience exploring the Yucatan Peninsula, our expeditions will give you the opportunity to get to know the wonderful Riviera Maya on a personal basis. We are a local small family business. We offer you private and or small group Expeditions. Our tours are a more rewarding and personal experience, including Small and/or Personal tours which include Swimming with the Turtles; swimming in a beautiful Natural Aquarium amongst a large variety of Tropical fish; a trip into the mysterious Mineral filled depths of one of the World's Largest Underground River and Cave Systems, Snorkeling in the Mesoamerican Coral Reef; visiting the ancient mystical and awe inspiring Tulum, Coba, Chichen Itza and Ek Balam Mayan ruins; or snorkel amongst the Whale Sharks for a surreal, once in a lifetime experience; immerse yourself within the peaceful and tranquil serenity of the Sian Ka'an Biosphere or visit the Flamingos at Rio Lagartos. All of our Expeditions include a minimum of four locations each (Most others are two locations for the same price), Fruit, Coffee and a Pastry in the morning, Snacks, Cold Beer, Water, Juice, Soft Drinks throughout the day, Lunch and Round-trip Air-conditioned Transportation and top notch dive quality snorkel equipment. Most of our tours include a (4) course meal at the World Famous “Oscar & Lalo Restaurant, Bar & Grill”. We can also provide you with a private or custom expedition for any of our tours and activities. We look forward to sharing this beautiful paradise with you and having an other Amazing day! Relax and let us be your guide!
Reviewed 30 November 2013

I went with Riviera Adventours for two full days. Virginia was my Caretaker/Dive Master for scuba day at a two dive Cenote Dos Ojos: "Barbie Line" and the "Bat Cave." Francisco was my guy for snorkel day. Not sure where to start. . .first off . . .Francisco took me and one other couple to three snorkel sites and the Tulum Ruins. Great day . .very efficient use of time. Scuba day . . I was the only guest . . .wow! I thought there was no way, any site . .scuba or snorkel could compare to "Centotes Sac-Actun" that we did the day before. I was wrong . .Cenotes Dos Ojos is a must do scuba dive. It just is! I'm just sayin it blew me away! The beauty of the opening to the Cenote blew me away. I have my open water PADI certificate . . I have not been on many dives . . I did a refresher in Seattle at Bubbles Below . .I am extremely glad I did. Its a Cave dive. Scale of 1-100 . . I thought my anxiety level would be at 1 . . I'm a tough guy . .gotta tell ya . .I went to 30 very fast! Sucking way too much air! Virgina was behind me . .noticed how much air I was using and held my arm for the first 15 minutes during the dive to calm me down . .I know . . just keepin it real . . I sincerely appreciated this kindness . . . I appreciated Virgina's soft skill a great deal. Ok . .after the first dive, the Barbie Line, I was like . .ok . .ok . .I am perfectly happy with our first 45 minute dive. . . . I felt awesome . .a great accomplishment . . Do we really have to do another 45 minute cave dive??!! I was thinking this, didn't say it . . Testosterone kicked in, kept my mouth shut! The second dive, the Bat Cave was great too . .I enjoyed this more than I thought . .I was calmer which allowed me to fully enjoy the dive. These Cenotes in Mexico are crazy awesome . . If you have never scuba a Cenote, I can highly recommend Dos Ojos and Riviera Adventours. If you are not scuba certified, Zero worries . . Francisco will treat you to a very relaxed efficent day, where I would recommend snorkeling either Sac-Actun or Dos Ojos. . .you will never forget the snorkeling experience: stalagmites, stalactites, Centoes . . Do not try to save $10 or $20 per person by going with a large tour . . Just don't . . Virgina and Francissco will make sure via the small group experience your day will be amazing!

1  Thank Todd A

Reviewed 21 November 2013

This is by far the best group to take you on any level of tour anywhere in the Yucatan. I have been coming to the Akumal area for about 30 years and have to admit that I am not a fan of organised tours. My sister and partner were visiting from France and we talked about taking a day trip together. I had had a previous excellent experience with Virginia visiting the whale sharks so decided to try them again. We basicaly had a tour that lasted the entire day visiting Sian Ka'aan, floating in the Mayan canal, walk through the mangrove swamps, some bird watching, Muyil, Muyil ruins, Sac Actun cenote and to finish an awesome meal at Oscar y Lalo. We only ran into a couple of people in the cenote otherwise it was just the three of us. This is what this company prides itself on....staying away from other groups! and they certainly know how to do it. The privacy added to the total incredible experience. This is the BEST!

1  Thank sharne h
Reviewed 4 November 2013

My friend Olivia and I went on the snorkelling tour plus zip lining, cave and cliff diving and canoeing. This was definitely one of the highlights of our trip. Mr E our driver and Yuri our tour guide, were fantastic! The tour was great as there was only one other person in our group so it felt like we were on our own private tour! Much prefer this rather than being in a larger group.

First stop was snorkelling with sea turtles. This was amazing!! We also saw other fish including a sting ray and a barracuda! We then went snorkelling in a lagoon followed by cave diving. The cave diving was a spectacular experience! The good thing about this tour was that we started early and didn't go to the usual touristy places which meant that we had the whole place to ourselves rather than being crowded with other tour groups!!

Would also highly recommend adding in the zip lining, cliff diving and canoeing experience! It seems like a lot to do in half a day but it's not rushed at all and doesn't drag on!!

To finish, we had a Mexican feast at Oscar and Lalo which was by far one of the tastiest meals we had while we were in Mexico! Oh and there was also a cute surprise after lunch where we got to meet Lala!!

Reviewed 6 October 2013

This outfit is amazing. They are the most customer centric group i have worked with and they offer exceptional tours and services. Virginia, the owner is a joy. She has been around the area for years and knows the coast and BEST things to do....her family has been in the tourism industry for years, so she has learned how to be the best. She has great folks that work with her - Francisco is the Best. I went on a Whale Shark Tour, off the coast of Cancun with them. I was staying in Tankah at Casa Del Perro Feliz. They picked us up early on the morning of the tour - they had delicious coffee and breakfast. We were driven to Cancun. They never overbook to ensure they can truly give the ultimate experience to their guests. Once we arrive at the port in Cancun, they had a fabulous boat and captain and off we went. The captain and guide did an amazing job with the people. Half of the guests had been on other tours with Francisco - Cenotes, Swim with Turtles and amazing snorkelling trips and they raved. We had a great day and after the whale shark they took us to an amazing reef off the coast of Isla Mujeres where we saw a large turtle, starfish, eels, large fish and beautiful living coral. After that we moored off of Playa Norte (the ultimate beach in Isla Mujeres) where we were treated to fresh ceviche and fresh guacamole while we relaxed in the water. It was fabulous. then back to the port, and the drive home and then dinner and delivered to our door. I have sent several people since then and always reach out to them when i go to the area. Kudos to Virginia and to Francisco and team.

Reviewed 2 October 2013

This is well worth the money!

We did not know what to expect when we arrived in Tulum - This tour takes you everywhere important, ruins, kayaking, lagoon and sea turtles. I am still dreaming about the sea turtles today.
This is great value for money and you see a lot in a day without feeling rushed. We had the tour to ourselves so were very lucky. We loved Tulum so much we ended up cancelling our flights to Vegas and staying an extra 5 days!