“Tasty good food!”

Ranked #88 of 452 Restaurants in Tulum
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Description: On the main street going through the town of Tulum.
Reviewed 29 May 2014

It was the only restaurant I tried at the town in Tulum. I had dinner on a Sunday, the place was 80% capacity, this speaks well of a restaurant so I went and checked it out, I can only say: DELICIOUS! Everything was fresh, home made taste, a good variety of plates to choose from. I had the Moke Enchiladas, a big homemade. Lemonade & for dessert an awesome freshly grounded coffee & a slice of carrot cake. I look forward for the next trip so I can try more of this restaurant.

Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

Absolutely loved the mole in this place. The arrachera was great too. Served with a massive bowl of pickled vegetables, I felt really bad we couldn't even make a dent in them with the massive food serves including corn chips. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

I am not a foodie, and this isn't fancy food. I like good basic dishes, and this was the BEST Mexican food I have ever had! The atmosphere is perfect: touristy but not the least pretentious. We loved the duo playing music. At first I had shied away from the available table in the front since it was right in front of the musicians, but I am glad we sat there as they were lively and fun and added a lot to the experience. Also, being in the front enabled us to watch the procession of classic cars going by for the Mayan Rally, and that was a blast.

We ordered the Mexican Platter to share, and it was plenty of food for two. The poblano chili was fabulous. My hubby really enjoyed the picked vegetable and garlic appetizer which comes with every meal. Locals and other tourists alike raved to us about this restaurant.

I would go back here again and again if I could!

Reviewed 21 April 2014

While in Quintana Roo, always make a special point to visit Cafeto's a couple of times. The marinated vegetables are great served with chips and salsa. Watch out for the salsa.

Ordered the standard two bowls of Mayan soup, Xochitl. 65 pesos a bowl. Great mid-day meal. Served piping hot, chicken, rice, carrots, onion, cheese, tortilla chips and avocado served with a fresh lime on the side. You really need to try this soup. You will be hooked.

Reviewed 4 April 2014

My wife and I were desperate for some chili rellenos and were told this was the place to go. We walked in the heat and sunshine and came to this little roadside restaurant. Fair atmosphere in the heart of the touristy downtown section of Tulum. So, we get there and to our dismay they are playing some lousy live band music at way too loud of volume. Ok, at night on the weekend I could understand it, but during the daytime? A waiter proceeds to tell us the music will stop in about ten minutes. We come back half an hour later and "the band played on". Good thing we did not take the waiter's word and order any food!! Needless to say we found another place to eat.