“Excellent Sian Ka'an tour!”

Conciencia Tours & Travel
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Oss, The Netherlands
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Sian Ka'an tour!”
Reviewed 2 October 2013

We spend a full day with Adrian in the beautiful Sian Ka'an Biosphere. An all inclusive experience in a relaxed setting with informing, entertaining and active highlights. We saw lots of very active dolphins, a very nice sea turtle, lots of birds and we did a goed snorkeltour. We even saw a baracuda and a crocodile. The lunch was with fresh fish or meat, top meal! Adrian is enthousiastic, has humor and is able to enjoy. He knows this area very well and has an respectable eco view of life. We highly recommand this company and guide, despite the bumpy trip from Tulum.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Bertravel
Adrian P, Propietario at Conciencia Tours & Travel, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
Thank you very much for your wonderful comments. It was a real pleasure to have shared this tour experience with such a "beautiful" family.

San Francisco, California
79 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 98 helpful votes
“NOT RELIABLE”
Reviewed 19 September 2013

I have tried to contact this company, on 8/5, 8/6. 8/8, 9/12 & 9/18 to get a bid for a tour for 8 people of Tulum and Chichen Itza. As of this date still no bid. I get responses, so I know he got the my e-mails. I like using local travel guides, and have used them in Brazil, Argentina, Prague, Budapest, Greece, Turkey, Italy, Vietnam, New Zealand, St. Petersburg and other countries with Tripadvisors help. See my postings. This is the first time Tripadvisors FAIL me. I do not understand how it get a Certificate of Excellence for 2013. Another person dve2z wrote that they were not responsive. This would be another recent posting. If they can not do simple thing like response to e-mail, how reliable would the service be? Will he show up? Do you want to take a chance? This would not be a small tour and he is not interested?

Visited September 2013
Adrian P, Propietario at Conciencia Tours & Travel, responded to this review, 26 September 2013
Dear conscious traveller,

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience I caused you. I take 100% responsibility for the inaction of contacting you in a proper and professional way.
For that I am sorry and am taking immediate action to fix things personally, as well as the systems in my business that is not working.

As you may know, I run a small family business and I have been so client oriented that I was only paying attention to the client’s in-front of me in person and not those of you that also needed help. Again, my sincere apologies and thank you for helping me see that.

I hope that you are able to find what you were looking for and if there is anything I can or could do to make this right that you would let me know.

Wishing you the best for your travels.
Seattle, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wow! Surpassed our expectations & kids LOVED it!”
Reviewed 1 March 2013

We had a fantastic time on our tour with Adrian of the Sian Ka'an Biosphere. There were 8 of us total (2 families with kids from 8-14). We enjoyed a day packed with seeing exotic birds, mantas, turtles, and dolphins. We snorkeled at the coral reef, played in a "natural swimming pool", ate yummy food prepared by locals at Punta Allen, and watched the sun set atop the look out at CESiaK. A truly wonderful day that we wished would not end. Adrian is a wealth of knowledge and his passion for the region shines through. He kept all of us engaged and the kids entertained. We never felt rushed and Adrian allowed us to set the pace of the day while still making sure we got the most out of our experience. We will DEFINITELY use Viajes Conciencia again!!!!

Visited February 2013
Oak Park, Illinois, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A Day Excetional in Many Ways!”
Reviewed 11 February 2013

I wanted a different experience from the one I had two years ago when I took an unsatisfactory tour of Chichen Itza with a large tour company. This year I searched Trip Advisor for a tour of Tulum that would satisfy my interests and needs. I sent emails to two tour organizers explaining what I wanted in a tour, and Adrian came back with three options for me. The one I chose included a tour of the Tulum Mayan Ruins, an authentic lunch at a small ocean front resort, and snorkeling at Akumal. You can take one of his standard tours or have him customize as he did for me.
Adrian is an expert on the culture of both the ancient and present day Mayans. He is a teacher who desires to share his knowledge and passion for the history, ritual, and beliefs of the Mayans. He made Tulum and its ancient residents come alive for me while also pointing out the animals and plants. All during the tour, he used his iPad to enhance my understanding by showing me pictures, diagrams, and maps.
The small resort, Hotel Zulum, in the town of Tulum, is right on the beach. The view was incomparable; the conversation leisurely; and the lunch, delicious. A pitcher of freshly made lime juice was thirst quenching and refreshing. A Great Frigate bird soared above the beach, and an added treat was seeing the resort’s owner beach his boat and haul in a fresh catch of lobsters!
The snorkeling was a new experience for me—at age 70! Adrian’s experience also includes snorkeling and diving. He patiently taught me what I needed to know, and I felt completely safe and comfortable in his care. The water was warm and exceptionally calm at Akumal because of the proximity of the reef to the shore. We were out about a half hour and saw several sea turtles. Adrian had prepared me for what I would see and informed me about the habits of the sea turtles. I hired a photographer who took underwater photos, and I am very happy that I have a CD documenting this wonderful experience.
Everything went perfectly on this tour from the early morning when Adrian’s driver picked me up at my hotel until the early evening when he dropped me off. The driver was very pleasant, and the van was more comfortable than huge buses used by the big companies.
My experience was perfect, unique, and expansive. Adrian, in addition to his many talents and knowledge, is a wonderful and wise person. You will be in good hands with him.
Elaine D. Johnson

7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Not responsive”
Reviewed 20 December 2012

I contacted this particular tour operator twice over email and they never responded. So I chose instead another operator in the area and glad I did.

Visited December 2012
3 Thank dve2z
Adrian P, Propietario at Conciencia Tours & Travel, responded to this review, 26 December 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a comment, I understand that the holiday season is an important time for traveling preparations and I apologize for the inconvenience that we could not help you with your tours.
Being an important year, we decided to take the holidays off to spend time with our families and the Mayan Community, as this also was a very important year for the Maya.
Furthermore, I will like to thank you for choosing the services of local tour operators in Tulum, with your help we able to promote sustainable travel in the Mayan Riviera.

Kind regards.