“Wonderful Day!”

Conciencia Tours & Travel
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 15 June 2014

My husband and I booked a private tour so we could do all we wanted in one day, and the cost was the same as some of the other tour company's prices for small group tours. We had such a great day. Adrian was great about communicating, although it did take him a few days to respond to our emails before we left, once we were in mexico, he was flexible with setting the date based on the weather forcast etc. Our guide was Marlon and he was great. We visited Coba, went to Tulum area for lunch, swam with turtles in Akumal, and explored a cenote. Marlon was lots of fun, very knowledgable, and we loved the whole day with him. If we ever come back to this area, we will request him again for a tour. Do not hesitate to use Viajes Conciencia Tours! Thank you Marlon for such a lovely day! Michael and Anna Cenote (Deepwell) :)

Reviewed 31 March 2014

I don’t even know where to begin. I booked this tour for my friend and I; we were in a group of 8 people, which was just perfect. . The tour COMPLETELY EXCEEDED my expectations. First, we went snorkeling to see sea turtles, stingrays and coral reefs. My favorite part of the tour was the cenote diving; Adrian took us to a beautiful privately owned cenote. I was more than pleased because we were the only ones there; there were no other tourists to crowd around. I’m really not a good swimmer and neither is my friend, Adrian was very attentive and nice to us. The tour included lunch at Restaurant Zulum, which was also amazing nearby a beautiful beach. We enjoyed fresh and delicious food. Before having lunch Adrian also provided some snacks and water. We finished our tour at the Tulum archeological site, were again I appreciated being in a small group. Thank you for everything Adrian!

My only regret is not having brought a water-resistant camera with me, so if you come get one to preserve your memories.

Keep in mind that this is a small local company. I see some people mention there was a delay communicating with Adrian. However, I had no issue communicating with Adrian. I first sent him an email on February 25, 2014 and he got back to me on the 26th, thereafter he responded to all of my inquiries by next day. I had absolutely no issues communicating with him.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

This was my second tour with Viajes Conciencia with Adrian as guide. As last year, he custom designed the day for me. Our day began at the small Mayan ruins at Xel-Ha. Not visited by tour buses, Xel-Ha boasts several buildings dating to the 600’s AD which are accessible and explorable. Two or three have protected areas where I saw paintings done by the Maya People 1400 years ago—hands, geometric patterns, and designs. The grounds are shady and lush with tropical plants and animals all of which Adrian can name. Majestic Iguanas protect their domains with a bob of the head, and I saw a felled tree that rebirthed itself by growing new roots! Near the cenote, a field of limestone displays varied fossil patterns, themselves worth the visit.
After a delicious lunch in a small restaurant in a modern Mayan community, we drove a long, bumpy road—inaccessible to tour buses—to an underground cenote. As Adrian explained, cenotes are connected by tunnels or long caves that eventually empty their water into the Caribbean. Into the Heart of the Earth we descended and enjoyed more than an hour walking, or floating, in warm water with only our flashlights to illuminate the way. We wound through large and small spaces in awe of the stalactites and stalagmites, stopping to admire the configurations and the tiny tips where new deposits were forming. For me, this was an opportunity to experience yet another aspect of our Mother Earth, inside her very heart.
Adrian is knowledgeable, wise, insightful, organized, accommodating, and very personable. He is fluent in English, Spanish, and French. I’m looking forward to my next trip with him and Viajes Conciencia next year. I highly recommend Viajes Conciencia.

Reviewed 5 February 2014

My boyfriend & I booked a tour that included snorkeling with sea turtles, exploring a cenote, & exploring the Mayan ruins of Tulum. Our tour was just the two of us, Adrian & our driver. It was wonderful because we could go at our own pace & ask Adrian lots of questions. He was very knowledgeable about the history of the region & Mayan culture & belief systems. The beach where we swam with turtles was beautiful; not crowded at all and we saw turtles as soon as we got into the water. From there it was onto a cenote. Adrian chose this one because it is quite large & the people that live in the area around it limit tour group access. Once down there we did not see any other people inside, other than the three of us. It was one of the most incredible things I have ever seen. I wasn't sure if it would be physically demanding or intimidating but it required only a small amount of swimming and at no point did it feel claustrophobic. It will be a very difficult experience to top! I would strongly recommend anyone spending time in the Yucatan peninsula explore a cenote; it was the best part of the entire trip. Afterwards we enjoyed a delicious grilled lunch at an inn overlooking the beaches of Tulum, (also incredibly beautiful), then we ended our day exploring the ruins of Tulum. These were the only ruins I came across that overlooked the water & there are some really spectacular views, (great for pictures!) Adrian was very informative when it came to the ruins, the carvings that remained, etc. Overall a wonderful excursion and I highly recommend!!

Reviewed 3 February 2014

I had a great trip with our leader Adrian who was very knowledgeable about Mayan belief systems, history, and natural ecology. I especially loved our time at the organic farm where we had our lunch including camote (sweet potato) that we had harvested for the dessert. As well as time exploring the temples and ruins at Coba.