“No need to look anywhere else”
Review of Koox Diving

More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Koox Diving is your specialist for all types of diving and adventures in Tulum, Mexico. Come join us today for exciting dives and ground tours, leading you off the beaten path into the paradise coastline of the Yucatan Peninsula, featuring coral reefs, turtles, nature, Mayan ruins and communities! The word Ko’ox in Mayan means “Go”, and it’s with an enthusiastic “Go” that drives everyone making up the company. The Ko’ox team loves to dive, and are also great nature lovers. It’s the beauty of the natural world that makes going for a dive or exploring in Mexico such a joy, and so we teach respect and responsibility towards the environment through each activity we do. We strive to give the best service, with the help of local guides with a high sense of professionalism and passion. We also have the best equipment and transportation so your tour is a pleasant and safe experience. We are happy when we see happy faces.
Reviewed 9 May 2014

From start to finish Koox diving was top class. As soon as I walked into the dive shop I felt comfortable dealing with them. I could tell immedietly that Rodrigo and his team were professional and also had a real passion for the diving unlike some of the others who although seemed nice enough you got the feeling they were just more interested in your money. Koox was the first dive shop I spoke to, I have to say as most people would i did speak to a few of the other dive shops to get a real feel but I needn't have bothered. I went straight back to Koox and booked my dives. On the dive days everyone was again friendly, the feel was relaxed, transactions were problem free any equipment you needed was on hand, even gopro's if you wanted one or didn't have your own, and our guides were fantastic! The cenotes are a must do for any diver that comes to the area. My advice is don't waste any time, go to Koox where you will feel welcomed and I'm sure your dive experience will be amazing!

rodrigozurita, Manager at Koox Diving, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Many Many thanks to you my friend!.. it is allways great to hear this comments from costumers, clients and Friends!!.. and you are one of them!!.. De verdad.. Gracias!.. as we say.. We love to Dive.. and make Bubbles!… So, just dive.. and keep doing it.. because the underwater world.. in cenotes and ocean is amazing as you mention!.. and.. we really glad to have you here and hopefully will see you.. hear from you again.. soon!..
saludos!

in 6 reviews
"lots of fun"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 1 May 2014

Rodrigo and his team runs a small but very efficient dive shop in tulum, and I was passing by as I was searching for a "partner" for my first dive experience in the cenotes.

I was both happy and relieved when the first questions was about my skills and previous experience (70 dives, AOWD) and not just what kind of dive tours they offered. Immediately, you could feel that safety was a top priority along with the fact that only small groups (4) were allowed per DM.

2 dives booked, after a good explanation/sales pitch ;-) and dates, prices and location were set along with a small deposition. Now, as a reason why 5 stars were given here, I came down with an ear infection, and needed to cancel the trip (as I was battling with time as we were leaving mexico and my ear wasn't getting any better), no questions were asked, I was told that the deposition could be refunded and that if I were to get better, I could go with them at any time.

Luckily, my ear did get better and we set off diving in el pit and DOS ojos and we were accompanied by victor (he stopped calculating 4 years ago with 5800hrs under water) and was rewarded by a experience of a life time. Victor, along with koox dive shop, were very professional, humble and did their outmost to service their clients. I wish there were more serious dive shops as these guys and I cannot rate them with anything less than a 5 star.

Keep up the good work guys and hope to see you again!

rodrigozurita, Gerente at Koox Diving, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Many Many thanks to you my friend!… bothof you actually.. We really want to say thanks… Koox diving loves to do this.. Dive.. and love the chance to take amazing people you you guys… we love the experience of meeting new people and become friends… in such amazing places.. and situations like this.. where nothing else metters.. as the song says.. and you only care for the diving!.. hope you have no more problems with your ear and so that you can enjoy many more dives to come!.. here or else where.. thank you for the great words and hope to see you again.. if you ever come around.. Muchas Gracias y lo mejor siempre!

Reviewed 30 April 2014

Had great contact with the company in figuring out the best dives and times that would suit our group. They were very helpful and super friendly.
Enjoyed a fantastic morning diving with Victor at Casa Mia followed by Dos Ojos. It was my partner's first dive after finishing his open water cert. Not only was Victor patient, but he gave you the space to put together your own gear and only gave suggestions rather than corrections. He was friendly and relaxed and created a good environment. Absolutely loved this dive combination and if back in the area, will be sure to use Koox.

rodrigozurita, Gerente at Koox Diving, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Guys!. many thanks for your great comments!.. it is a pleasure for us to go diving and even better to have great people.. friends!.. diving and enjoying this experience and spreading the word.. around the world!.. So, very thankful for choosing Koox diving.. and if you ever back .. let us know!..
have a great time and keep diving!

Reviewed 18 April 2014

We went on a snorkelling trip in dos ojos and our 1st dive in casa cenote. Both were amazing trips, great instructors - both Adrian and bebe. As I was asthmatic they took great care of me and my husband. Thoroughly recommend if u in tulum and want to go snorkelling/diving. Safety is their priority.

redbull, Manager at Koox Diving, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2014

Many thanks to you for having this experience with Koox Diving.. we love the ocean.. cenotes and the underworld.. we trust you had a great time and thank you both for stoping and having fun!
let us know when you are back in town... tulum town!