“Captain Bambi for great trip!”
Review of Visit Sian Ka'an

Visit Sian Ka'an
Ranked #19 of 100 Tours in Tulum
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: If you are looking for a great outdoor experience away from the big tourist crowds and massive tour groups, then you make the best decision by visiting the natural Reserve of Sian Ka'an with Visit Sian Ka'an. This tour company allows you to visit Sian Ka'an and combine activites in a way, that no other tour provider does, thanks to the owner's first hand experience and being a native to the area. If you are a great nature lover, enjoy to snorkel and explore the diverse marine life and different ecosystems, such as untouched beaches, lagoons, mangroves and islands, cenotes, tropical jungle, hidden maya ruins, a relaxing float in the fresh water canal, seeing bird and wildlife in their natural habitat without minimal human interaction - then this tour company will be a great option for an adventurous day in the protected Biosphere Reserve Sian Ka'an.
Pijnacker, The Netherlands
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Captain Bambi for great trip!”
Reviewed 11 April 2014

We would like to thank en recommend Capt. Bambi. He organizes excellent boat tours in the lagoon without mass tourism. We've had a great 3 - 4 hour trip and saw many of the wild life there!

1 Thank Anton A

• Czech first
  • Turkish first
Santiago, Chile
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Wow!!!”
Reviewed 2 April 2014

very beautiful lagoon and place in general! well worth the trip, although we only went to the visitor center and not Pt Allen. Operators take you on a boat thru canals and then you float for about 30 mins.... wish I could be there right now! (instead of sitting in my office writing this review ;))

Ontario
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Well worth seeing”
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Sian Ka'an is a huge biological reserve south of the Tulum beach area. There are several ways to get there and many things to see. We took a Community Tour and liked it very much, but covered only a small part of this vast reserve. This is a site that is very worth seeing even if it doesn't get a lot of publicity. However, be sure choose your tour carefully.

2 Thank Kingston_Lou
San Diego, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“ALDO you were an amazing tour guide!”
Reviewed 19 January 2014

*****Thank you for this great experience Aldo*****

I would like to comment on the wonderful experience I had with Aldo a couple of months ago. It was me and a couple. First of, Aldo was very warm, kind and welcoming. He picked me up at the hotel and then we drove to the couple's hotel and picked them up. He gave me also a little tour through Tulum on our way to the couple's hotel, and gave me some great insights, e.g. where to get the best local foods (you will only meet locals there). As we arrived at the reserve, he provided a lot of information. I enjoyed our little group very much. Aldo would always answer any question we had, he accommodated each of our requests. Learning more about Aldo, he is super respectful of the environment in general and also very proud to educate people. I find this extremely important. He is very passionate about his field.
I also had contact with Kathrin, who was very kind and is very trust worthy. Taking tours by yourself as a woman can sometimes be a challenge, I do have different experiences from other parts of the world. I always felt safe. Nature, the ruins, the culture....amazing. At the end Aldo took us all out for coffee. This day trip is great for for anyone! It would also be great for children. They can really gain a lot of knowledge from this!

Thank you Aldo and Kathrin.

Greetings from San Diego

Ricarda

Visited September 2013
3 Thank RicardaSanDiego
Oulu, Finland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great first day in Tulum”
Reviewed 4 January 2014

We spent a really great first day in Tulum with Aldo in Sian Ka'an. The bio reserve itself is a really big and beautiful place and Aldo has a huge knowledge of it. Also, he is really a really fun and has a great respect to the area which was really important to us when booking our tour. He also hosts only small groups which we found really pleasant, there was only one other couple on the boat tour.

We saw so many birds, fish, one little crocodile and lots on different fauna. We also went floating in a mangrove canal which was lots of fun! Unfortunaly the waves were so big that it wasn't safe to snorkle but there was nothing you could do about it and instead we had great time elsewhere in Sian Ka'an. If you appreciate an ecological, fun, knowledgable and intimate tour in Sian Ka'an we can highly recommend Aldo's!

Visited December 2013