“most incredible experience”

Ranked #41 of 452 Restaurants in Tulum
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Located close to the Tulum ruins, Sale&Pepe is an Italian restaurant that offers the best in Italian food. The menu ranges from a wide variety of pastas, pizzas, calzones, seafood and excellent desserts.
Reviewed 18 June 2014

One of the best in the world i love the Owner and his Wife lovely people they make you feel like family food is excellen me and my wife Capri are from Miami Beach and come from restaurant background it amazing!!!! Im going to miss that beautiful place and new friend i will be back for sure.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

We were looking for a place to stop for a quick bite to eat on our way to Merida and came across this little gem! Having experienced lots of great Italian food outside of Italy, I was absolutely wowed by how authentic their food was - we had the spaghetti carbonara and prosciutto pizza and both were absolutely incredible! If I closed my eyes I was back on the streets of Florence :) Great work, you guys! Fun atmosphere with the World Cup playing in the background, too!

Reviewed 1 June 2014

The usual offerings of an Italian menu - antipasti, pizza and pasta - but all served up with big smiles and in large portions. Most dishes seem to be around 100 pesos mark.
The quality of the food is somewhat exceptional. I ordered fettucine with shrimp and zucchini expecting the typical 'search for the shrimp' scenario. Instead my meal was topped with more enormous prawns than I could count.
Evening ambience and lighting is carefully thought out and is good enough for a romantic/intimate meal for 2 if that is what you're looking for (although in that case you might want to find a table away from the TV). Inside and outside seating.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

the pizza is very good. my best pizza ever. try it when you go to Tulum. local is pretty. friendly staff.

Reviewed 29 January 2014

it was a quick stop, we were driving towards Merida Yucatan from Playa del carmen, our 5 year old daughter got hungry so decided to stop at Sale Pepe since it is right on the side of the road, just had one pizza very quick, wish we could have more time to try something else, pizza was DELICIOUS, crunchy, thing and tasty. Service very good too.

1  Thank aleflintstone