“Best restaurant on the beach” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rosa del Viento

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Rosa del Viento
Ranked #20 of 91 Hotels in Tulum
Montreal, Canada
“Best restaurant on the beach”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2013

This is a Rosa del Viento restaurant review. We "found" Rosa last year just after they had opened and we fell in love with the location, the food, the servicing staff and the reasonable prices. We returned this year and again tried the restaurant and were impressed that the quality had been maintained. The Owner welcomed us back and that is always a good sign. We usually go for lunch so we can take advantage of the incredible ocean view.

We had the tuna tartare and the vegetable and fish tempura. Both excellent. Drinks are generous and reasonably priced. The number of hotel guests suggest that Rosa is doing well and the restaurant service accommodates the increased number of guests.

Worth the walk along the beach just past BTulum.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Marina del Rey, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2013

Great beach hotel with bungalow hut style rooms with Air Conditioning! The staff is friendly and hospitable. It is almost at the end of the hotel zone area in Tulum which is about more quiet which is what we loved.

Room Tip: Rent a car. It will make it more easier to you to get around town and other nearby places.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Gustavo G
Munich
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2012

This is a superb hotel with good service and beautiful rooms and villas that are quite and very nice. I was staying there for five nights and had a great time. It is also greatly located in case you want to learn kite surfing as the kite school extreme control is located right next to it.

Room Tip: Service could be improved but this is great value for money!
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Robert A
rosadelviento, Propietario at Rosa del Viento, responded to this review, 21 May 2013
100% satisfied if your vacation was a blast! hope to repeat very soon ... until next time!
Boulder, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2012

My husband and I love,love love Rosa del Viento! We stayed there is Mar. 2012 and wished we had stayed there the entire time we were in Mexico! We recently had another trip to Playa del Carmen in Sept. 2012 with some friends and ended up taking a day trip with a group of eight to share Rosa del Viento with them. They absoulutly loved it we had lunch and spent the day on the beach there. Massimo makes you feel like you are part of the family, home away from home! The food is over the top! We are looking foward to our January trip with a large group of our friends. We will keep you posted!!!!!!

Room Tip: Ask for room #2
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank klr1031
Paris, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2012

My wife and i stayed for 4 days in this wonderful place!
The italian staff is amazing. We found this hotel in a rush after we decided to move from Jashita Hotel which is nice but noizy because of the work they currently do there.
Bungalows are with AC which is rare at Tulum. Decoration is simple but the view is breathtaking and you really are 100 meters away from the sea.
Food is good and the beach is just amazing.
We would definitly go there again.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Cork, Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2012

I stayed here with my boyfriend for two nights in August. The beach is beautiful and the food in the hotel itself is lovely. My issue arose when we were checking out. I had checked out and paid the balance of our bill, i.e for dinner and drinks which we had consumed. The staff here don't always make you sign for the meals at the time you eat/drink. We sat in the bar following check out and had a drink (which we paid for in cash) and waited for our taxi which wasn't due for approx 45 minutes. Our taxi arrived and we went outside. As we were putting our things in to the taxi, a female staff member came running out shouting and saying there had been a mistake with our bill. We were rushing to make a bus and had been sitting 10 feet from her for almost an hour so we were annoyed at this. She then proceeded to advise that there were some drinks not included in the bill that I had just paid. I said that I couldn't recall every single item we had eaten and drank but that I would have thought it should have been included in what I had just paid. She showed me a list of food items, some of which we had never consumed. I told her this and I advised that I was in a rush and asked how much was she saying we owed - she advised it was almost 250 peso! She then proceeded to query how we had paid for the drinks we had while waiting! I told her cash and she asked me which waiter I had paid. I became very annoyed at this point. The male manager/owner then came over and I explained what was going on. He was not pleasant - It was like a shake down before we left. We missed our bus in the end. Fawlty Towers ain't a patch on this place. Very disappointing.

Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
13 Thank Caroline83_12
rosadelviento2012, Propietario at Rosa del Viento, responded to this review, 13 May 2013
Unfortunately a lot what happened ... and make the necessary changes so that this situation does not recur. We hope you give us the chance to show you our improvements.
greetings from Tulum!
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2012

From the moment you are greeted at reception, right through to check out, the experience at Rosa del Viento is just perfect.

It's all in the details and and nothing has been overlooked. The rooms are spacious and ecochic at it's very best. Tall ceilings, walk in shower with rainhead and excellent water pressure .. comfort of the beds, quality of the linens and bath products > someone is seriously paying attention to the details. Rooms are absolutely immaculate.

Infrastructure is not to be taken for granted in Tulum, as it is largely off the grid. Hotels run on generators and septic tanks, with all the inherent problems associated with spotty services. This is not the case at Rosa del Viento .. everything worked perfectly. Even though they advertise Wifi as being available in public areas, I had an excellent connection at all times in my room and at the beach (often not the case in Tulum)

The beach is magnificent, the best in Tulum. There are lovely lounge chairs, palapas and beach beds to relax on while the staff makes sure you have everything you could need or want.

I know many outstanding restaurants in Tulum but after my first meal at Rosa del Viento I ate all of my meals in their lovely dining room. Breakfast, lunch and dinner ... everything was wonderful. Their wood burning oven produces pizzas that rival anything I have eaten in Italia, and their house made tagliatelle would make an Italian nonna swoon. The wait staff is charming, helpful and gracious without hovering or rushing you. The menu is quite extensive (I highly recommend the almond crusted salmon) with something to please everybody. Loved the selection of healthy fruit/veggie drinks. Everything comes out of the kitchen expertly prepared and beautifully presented.

The atmosphere is charming, laid back and romantic, while at the same time being quite family friendly. The owner is on site at all times, making sure everything meets your expectations. The staff is very well trained, friendly and accommodating.

Rosa del Viento is located at the southern end of the hotel strip, very close to Sian Kaan. Taxis do not come by as frequently as they do at the northern end of the strip, so if you are dependent on transportation I suggest asking the receptionist to call for a cab or you may find yourself on the side of the road waiting for one to come by.

The highest compliment a customer can pay a business is to be a repeat customer. I have already booked my next trip.

Room Tip: I was in Room 14, an upstairs unit with a garden view. Loved the privacy of the deck. Very efficient...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo