“Might Have Ordered the Wrong Thing”

Los Aguachiles Tulum
Ranked #81 of 481 Restaurants in Tulum
Price range: US$16 - US$53
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: We love beer and fresh seafood!!
Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

The sauces are really delicious website to try the Tamarind with the cilantro sauce on the tortilla chips they provide! The weather was super hot which sort of zapped my appetite and I decided to order ceviche to have something light and it was okay for me. The tostada are delicious and they have local craft beer which I thought was cool.

Reviewed 15 August 2017

If you are looking for a local dining experience and absolutely delicious food, Los Aguachiles is the place for you!

The service was exceptional. We were well looked after from the second we walked in to the minute we left.

The food itself is incredible. The spiciness was just right and the portion sizes were perfect!

Would highly recommend to anyone going to Tulum!

Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

Great family friendly place for local food. The fish and shrimp tacos and tuna tostada were delicious and all very reasonably priced. They also have a kids meal and a foosball table for kids.

Reviewed 6 July 2017

We stayed really close to Los Aguachiles and what an excellent choice, everything tasted very fresh and really really good. Be advised they only serve seafood. We ate here while my husband watched a soccer game. Great customer service. We really enjoyed it. Definitely recommend.

Reviewed 30 June 2017 via mobile

So firstly I will start by saying the food here is GREAT! The fish is fresh and expertly seasoned. Portions are ample and the complimentary tortillas & dips are particularly tasty. This became a regular go-to on my trip to Tulum and boy will I miss their tacos!! It is one of my favourite places to eat in Mexico.

I'd honestly love to give this place a 5 star review but sadly some staff attitudes mean I can't do that. The staff here are racist - I am mixed race and quite dark and my partner is white. The difference in treatment my partner and I got is night and day. On one occasion we decided to just get a quick tamarind juice to go. The restaurant was empty on this day so it wasn't as if they were rushed off their feet. My partner stayed outside and I went in. The waiter glanced at & acknowledged me but there was no smile or greeting. He finally came over and asked what i wanted; he seemed inconvenienced and as if he had better things to be doing. As I was explaining he caught sight of my partner on the sidewalk waiting and immediately broke into a huge, welcoming smile & waved over to her to greet her. I had to get his attention again and explained for the second time we wanted a juice to go at which point he just shouted over to his colleague "she wants a tamarind juice" (I can understand basic Spanish) and disappeared. Finally he brought the juice out and again gave my partner a lovely welcoming smile before dismissively telling me the price. I paid and left. Compare this to a previous time when my partner walked in first - she got the standard greeting: big warm smiles as soon as she steps in, menu given to her, a "how are you?" and lead over to her table.

This has happened on a few occasions now where the waiting staff talk to my partner instead of me, answer questions I have asked by talking to my partner, don't greet me/offer the same level of customer service etc. We are both same sex (female (although we act as friends only in public)) - the only difference is my skin colour. I am always polite and respectful & tip generously, so I assume this must be the reason. I have also seen the same behaviour happen to a young black lady who was sat at a solitary table where the waiter serving her was very short and snappy and did not smile once, then went to a table of two white women and broke into the huge smile, asked how their food was and cracked a joke.

I would have to think twice about visiting again (in spite of the beautiful food!) because of this sadly. It was really upsetting to experience.