“Amazing food, wonderful people”
Review of Puro Corazon

Puro Corazon
Ranked #59 of 389 Restaurants in Tulum
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Bar, Caribbean
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Helsinki, Finland
“Amazing food, wonderful people”
Reviewed 5 April 2012

Puro Corazon really made an impression. The food was amazing and the owners were really nice people. The staff was friendly too. I spent only two nights in Tulum, but I wished I could have stayed longer just so that I could have had more meals in this restaurant. I would have loved to get to know the people better, to try out more dishes from their varied menu and to re-order my favourites.

I had the lime soup they recommended and loved it. The hot soup comes in a small jar with a soup bowl that has nachos and chicken in it. You pour the soup in the bowl yourself so that the nachos stay crunchy. I also had several mango smoothies, which were absolutely amazing - just make sure you ask if they have ripe mangoes. You can have it with ripe or green mango, but the ripe one is definitely the one you want. Other fruit smoothies were nice too. I also tried the chocolate fondue, and that was exquisite. There was rich, dark chocolate melted and kept warm by a small candle, and ripe fruit pieces to dip in it - apple, pear, orange, mango and maybe some other fruit as well.

• Czech first
New York, New York, United States
“Very nice Mexican Tasty Food with a touch of Creativity”
Reviewed 26 March 2012

Very nice place, with some green and lights - nice welcoming. Food was very good, very nice mole and spicy fish cooked in a banana leave. Tasty and different.
Service was careful and casual.
Wish all the Best to Puro Corazon !

Tulum, Mexico
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“PASSION”
Reviewed 25 March 2012

We went with my girlfirend and his family to discover this new restaurant.
Frankly, it is the most representative mexican restaurant in Tulum. The food was excellent and not common. you can discover so many tastes; we ended sharing every meal to get all the tastes. i mean we have to come back again before leaving.
The cook is mexican, she is so lovely and GOOD at work.... and the husband... Mr Gui a very gentle, friendly french guy simply fits to the place and athmosphere... a very good combination !!!

ONE THING : GO AND ENJOY

SACPAKAL AKA THIBAUT LARDENET

1 Thank sacpakal
Los Angeles, California
“The name, Pure Heart is truly the right name”
Reviewed 18 March 2012

We had almost the exact experience of Brandi - see her review below. My lover and i were drawn to the place because of the name Pure Heart. We also had a wonderful chat with Flo-the fellow who welcomes guests.
We met Gieome and his wife (the chef) and were enchanted by their food, kindness, warmth and generosity.
The fish cooked in banana leaves, the lime soup, the black bean soup-TO DIE FOR.
We tried another restaurant or two but ended up coming back because nothing compared. We dined there for the rest of our trip. My GF had her birthday on our last night and they made her a cake, sang songs in Spanish, and gifted us with the most tasty Mescal.
Tulum was WONDERFUL but together with our new friends at Puro Corazon, this was a trip of a lifetime
One last thing, make sure you are there on a Friday night to take in the live Reggae Music-a cat named Noala. WOW

Visited March 2012
1 Thank Sando99
Edmonton
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A fantastic surprise”
Reviewed 18 March 2012

My friend and I decided to wander around that side of the beach, thinking maybe Zamas or Mateos for dinner. Instead we were greeted on the road by the waiter at Puro Corazon, who was so happy and enthusiastic, we decided to give it a shot.

Fabulous decision! The lime soup was stunning - sadly I could not get the recipe, and my pork was perfect. My friend loved her fish wrapped in the banana leaf.

The only thing I could have wished for was to be able to take our waiter home with us to Canada - he was just so genuinely happy and sweet.

Visited March 2012