“Enchanted with Encantada”
Review of Encantada Tulum

Encantada Tulum
Ranked #1 of 102 Hotels in Tulum
Reviewed 21 January 2014

The name of the resort means Enchanted and that is without question a perfect description of the place. My husband and I recently spent four magical nights at Encantada and felt as though we'd landed in paradise. The rooms were romantic and beautifully constructed. We enjoyed both an Oceanview, Sol and Beach Front Upper, Estrella with the same layout and though Sol was slightly setback from the ocean, we preferred it, being close enough to have a view and hear the waves. The restaurant serves Mayan cuisine and the meals were outstanding some of the best we had and we ate at the top restaurants, whether dining al fresco or inside the quiet bar/dining area. The service was friendly, attentive and first rate. The last half of the week we stayed at a resort on the beach and in retrospect felt that Encantada would have been worth the extra money and overall was a far better deal. If you would like to escape to a quiet oasis, we have no hesitation recommending this charming boutique get away. We hope you find it as enchanting as the name promises.

Room Tip: The best value for the money was Sol, close enough to the ocean, with a slightly less expensive pric...
1  Thank Cat D

Reviewed 19 January 2014

Everything about this small boutique hotel was simply understated and elegant.
Upon entering Encantada, I was greeted by the warmth and hospitality of its remarkable staff, the hush of the surroundings and the smell and sound of the ocean. My stay started with a delicious welcome cocktail. I was shown to my lovely private room which was appointed with all that was necessary for this chic rustic vacation. The lovely beach is just a few simple steps away. You are surrounded by the beauty of nature. Their restaurant is quaint, small and charming and the food is just superb. Carlos who served me my heavenly breakfast every morning, makes one feel like family. The breakfasts are lavish, and are included with the room - although after the third day, it felt slightly repetitious to have the same exact thing as 2 days before. A little variation, even a slight one, would have been nice.
All in all, this was a wonderful experience which I hope to repeat again.
Many thanks to all the staff, in particular, Javier, Carlos and Maria, for their gracious hospitality. Thank you also to Lisa M who helped with my reservations with courtesy professionalism and promptness.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank NNMESQ
Reviewed 19 January 2014

I had wanted to go to Tulum for a long time and when we finally made the decision to make the trip I did a lot of research on where to stay. I must admit originally this was not my first choice but having stayed there now if I ever return to Tulum, I would not want to stay anywhere else. This hotel is in many ways my idea of perfection for a relaxing beach holiday, that said it may not appeal to everybody. There is a real emphasis in Tulum on eco friendly tourism, in this hotel there is no air conditioning in the rooms and the electricity is limited – that said it wasn’t a problem for us at all.

We visited in May and stayed in one of the rooms on the top floor at the front of the hotel – the name of the room was “Estrella”. I think there were 8 rooms in total but that is the room I would choose if I stayed again. We could literally see the sun rising over the ocean from our bed in the morning. I was apprehensive about being somewhere hot and tropical and not having air conditioning but it was not a problem at all - the sea breeze through our screen door kept the room at a perfect temperature.

If you are looking for a lot of atmosphere or a social clientele this hotel may not be what you are looking for. It seemed to be couples relaxing, wanting peace and quiet. That was perfect for us. The beach at the front of the hotel is AMAZING! One of, if not the best I’ve ever seen! They will bring drinks to you through-out the day but if there is nobody at the beach to take your order it really is a matter of meters to walk to the bar and order drinks.

The restaurant and bar are quite small. We particularly liked the breakfast they did. We ate at the restaurant for dinner once and admittedly the food was great, but it is also was not cheap and lacked atmosphere.

One of the things we loved doing of an afternoon was taking the bikes that were on offer from the hotel for a leisurely ride up the long road that runs parallel to the beach behind the hotel. If you are into food there are some great restaurants in Tulum we loved Hartwood, Casa Banana and Lila’s to name a few.

Room Tip: "Estrella" would be our pick of all the rooms available.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 January 2014

After reading the reviews we were not disappointed by this beautiful boutique hotel. Set right on the beach with lovely rooms and a cute dining area, we were relaxed immediately. The food is the star of the show here - delicious ceviche and a great breakfast served by the wonderful Carlos. All the staff are friendly and attentive but leave you to enjoy the fantastic Tulum experience. Highly recommended and it was hard to leave!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 January 2014

It was our first time in Tulum and we had no idea what to expect. Encantada provided the best experience imaginable. The staff are so accommodating and good-humored it was contagious. I lost my green card on the way there from Cancun and they went above and beyond to help me relocate it. I got the mayan cocoa body scrub one day and the deep tissue massage the next which were both amazing. The cocoa body scrub is a weird experience as they wrap you in plastic to absorb the nutrients. My boyfriend thought that sensation was a bit uncomfortable but I love the smell of the chocolate and they scrub you with sugar and honey first which leaves your skin feeling really smooth after.

The food at Encantada, we thought, was better than most of the other restaurants we ate at. The mango fish tacos are divine. And if you don't want the mango you can substitute another sauce from the menu. The second time we ordered it with the chipotle sauce. They have this green chaya leaf juice specialty which is healthy and tastes great, with honey and ginger and some other tasty ingredients. And the cactus salad is one of the best salads I've ever had. Even my boyfriend loved it and he never eats salad. They also have great margaritas and a tequila flight so you can try different ones. Ask for the sangrita to go with that.

The hotel only has 6 rooms and was sadly booked up on our last night. The hotel we stayed on the last night paled in comparison. It was also an eco hotel but they only provided electricity for 5 hours in the evening and wouldn't print a map off for us.

Encantada is right on the beach in a section that feels really private, except for the other guests. The rooms are spacious and simply but elegantly decorated with a white and turquoise color scheme, and the beds are really comfortable.

One of the best experiences you could possibly hope for!

Reviewed 12 January 2014

We went to Tulum for our honeymoon and Encantada was highly recommended to us by a work colleague. When we arrived we were totally blown away and it absolutely exceeded our expectations. The staff were so delightful and played an important role in the overall experience. They were friendly, informative and created a great vibe to the place. The rooms were exceptional and we could see the sunrise over the ocean from our incredible bed. The showers were beautiful and the room decor was gorgeous. The location was unbeatable and we had everything we needed. The breakfast menu was great which included hot freshly baked banana bread and coconut cookies. We feel blessed to have stay at Encantada and it was such an experience. Will definitely be going back. We are from a tropical place and travel frequently and we feel we found a hidden slice of paradise.

Room Tip: We stayed in the front bottom room on the left which had an unbroken view of the beach. Perfect!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 January 2014

I've not yet stayed at Encantada, but we had reason to interact with Lisa M regarding a tricky reservation. She could not have been more professional and understanding. It is good to know that hotels like Encantada exist and that they have people like Lisa. There was clearly a very personal touch that you don't experience at amny larger hotels and chains

Based on our experience we will no doubt be having my stays at Encantada in the future.

1  Thank sunlover2011