Encantada Tulum
US$467
US$455
US$215
US$209
All reviewsour honeymooncielo roomextra fansrefilled dailyboutique hotelrooms are gorgeousthe lack of air conditioningevery morningbeachfront roombeach bagocean frontbottom floorgarden viewpleasure of stayingyogurtthe entire staffpristine beach
Reviewed 22 February 2014

My husband and I spent four days during our honeymoon. Everything was just perfect! Ismael, Carlos and Jose are the nicest people in the world! The rooms are very big and kiut, the beach is very clean and beautiful and the food was just amazing. I just have to say: thank you for everything! I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Wow, where to begin with our trip to Tulum and Encantada! For our winter getaway the hubby and I decided we wanted to find someplace where we could wake up and see the ocean, and walk out onto the beach. We discovered reviews about Encantada here on Tripadvisor and thought it looked like the perfect fit for us! After being there, I honestly don't feel that we could have made a better choice. I actually think Encantada deserves the #1 spot, and I have a feeling that in time it will take it.

When we first arrived we were greeted by Maria who made us feel very welcome, got us checked in and took us to our room "Mar" where we were spending the first 5 nights of our stay. We had decided since we were staying for 10 nights we wanted to experience 2 different rooms. Mar is in one of the front buildings on the beachfront and it is on the lower floor. I loved this room immediately, of the two lower level rooms, Mar is the best because it has a bit more privacy. It is off to the side and there is lush green vegetation that shelters you from being seen by people out on the beach. There was a wonderful view of the beach and the ocean. The way that the rooms are set up is just perfect. You can keep the screen doors open all night and just lock them, so that allows the breeze to flow through your room and allows you to hear the waves crashing on the ocean all night long.

In the mornings you awaken to an amazing sunrise (keep your front curtains open so you can just lie in bed and see it!). I would jump up each morning and run out to the beach to take pictures. It's so beautiful.

The rooms are all set up the same, the beds are wonderful, soft and comfortable. There are plenty of outlets so we were able to plug in all of our devices and keep them charged. The water in the showers was hot, there is fresh water in the rooms for you so we never had to worry about not having enough water. And there are some delicious smelling soaps and shampoos available for you.

For the second half of our stay we stayed in what I think is the best room in the resort, "Estrella" this is the upstairs beachfront. The view is ridiculous, and I mean that in a good way. You're a little higher up so you just look out to beautiful ocean. And those sunrises, they are just even a little bit better when you're higher up. The porches have two chairs and a nice little table, perfect for if you want to just sit up there and chill out and read.

You are literally just steps away from the beach, just walk down the little pathway and you're there. There are lovely little cabanas and very comfy lounge chairs with thick cushions, very comfortable for lounging throughout the day. And Encantada provides you with nice big beach towels that you can use for your chairs.

I think every room at Encantada is going to be wonderful and lovely, but if you can afford the beach front and any of those are available, I highly recommend making the investment and staying there. We've stayed a lot of places, and I've got to say Encantada is on my top list of favorite places!

Now the rest of the staff were just exceptional. Javier who is one of the managers always had a smile on his face, always had time to chat and just helped us with anything that we needed. Just a great guy, an incredible asset to the resort.

Ishmael who worked mostly in the evenings, what a little charmer he is, and what a wonderful smile!! He also was super helpful, and we enjoyed just chatting and getting to know him.

Carlos who works at the restaurant is just awesome, just a big smile and so sweet, he gave us little grasshoppers made of reeds as a parting gift, it was just so nice and I have them displayed at our house now! Jose who also works at the restaurant was so wonderful too!! Always a smile on his face, so sweet.

The week that we were there new internet was being installed (yay!!) which turned out very good for us as we run an online business, so even though we were on vacation we need to stay connected. The internet is strongest if you're down in the restaurant areas. It works in the front buildings but can go in and out a little bit, but it's still good enough to get work that needs to be done finished. We were worried about internet, but it ended up not being a problem at all which was a big relief!

The food at the restaurant was very good. I discovered the mango salad with added chicken about half way through our stay and ended up getting that every afternoon, it's delicious. The fish tacos are also very tasty. Breakfast is a continental breakfast of fruit, yogurt and granola, some breads (banana bread which is delicious), and then you can order at an extra cost (continental is included with your room) an omelet or eggs etc.

I didn't wear shoes for 10 days straight (except for when we went on bike rides), the sand is very soft so I found I didn't even need them. And what was very nice was Encantada is located right next door to many other resorts with restaurants, so in the evenings we liked to try out a variety of different places. We got dressed, walked out on the beach and walked down to wherever we wanted to go in the moonlight, barefoot, ate our dinner and then walked back. It was so lovely!
We enjoyed "Om" restaurant, and the Casa Violetta had really delicious fish and my husband loved their pizza. Both of those restaurants you can sit and look out at the beach too.

There is the option of reserving a romantic table that is out facing the beach. We reserved this for Valentine's Day and it was just awesome. We had a perfect night with a full moon. The table was set up for us with beautiful flowers and candlelight, and it was just such a wonderful romantic evening.

We had a chance to meet one of the owners Mike while we were there, very friendly and it was wonderful to hear the story of how Encantada came to be! Lena one of the managers was also wonderful, I loved how everyone was just always willing to chat and get to know you.

Encantada has bikes available, the bikes do get quite rusted from the salt in the air, but they were a lot of fun to ride. We rode into town one day and we rode them down to see the Tulum ruins. Riding bikes was one of our favorite things to do and it was nice that they were there and available for us!

We are fitness people, there are no gyms in Tulum, but there was plenty of activity walking on the beach, lots of nearby yoga classes, and I brought resistance bands with me and just did workouts on the porch of our room. So still plenty of opportunities to stay active!

All in all, our stay was so wonderful. I definitely want to return to Encantada. The location on the beach is further down so it is quiet, it is private, it is romantic, it has excellent service and we just loved it.

Thank you to everyone at Encantada!!! You guys are awesome :-)

Room Tip: Definitely choose a beach front room if it is in your budget and available! Estrella is the best room on the premises, if you do a lower beach front room choose Mar, it is more private as it is off to the side and still has an incredible ocean view.
9  Thank Diana L
lisa m, Owner at Encantada Tulum, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2014

Wow! Thank you both so much for such an amazing and thorough review! I'm so glad you loved the rooms, I agree about the sunrises, so incredibly beautiful, especially watching the sun come up with the view from the bed!
My husband really enjoyed meeting both of you and I'm glad he got that new internet installed! I'm so happy you reserved the beach table for your special dinner, what a lucky evening with the full moon. Thank you again so much and I know the entire staff hopes you will be able to come back and see us again in the future.
All the Best!

Reviewed 16 February 2014

We stayed there recently for 5 days and it was wonderful.
Nice, big rooms with a king size bed ( not that you spend much time in there but it is still nice ), really nice towels, internet access, great location, great staff, nice beachfront and I believe its one of the only spots in Tulum that serves traditional cuisine.
They also have FREE bikes to use and a fresh water jug in your room that gets re-filled daily.
Would definitely return.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

Great beach position, only 8 rooms gives a genuine boutique feel. We loved our beachfront room (Cielo). Good food and warm friendly staff made our stay; definitely a hotel to which we shall return. The only downside was the thrice weekly evening live music which we felt detracted from our dining experience.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
lisa m, Owner at Encantada Tulum, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Thank you so much for your kind review! I'm glad you enjoyed our hotel and your room! I'm sorry the music nights were not your favorite, but we do offer a private beach table for quiet, romantic dinners as an alternative to the restaurant dining with the acoustical music evenings. I'm so glad you want to return and I hope you will try our beach table! Thank you again!

Reviewed 7 February 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights, we would have stayed longer had there been availability. This property is small and personal and the employees are like family. Maria, Javier, Carlos, Jose and Ishmael were the people we interacted with the most and each of them were wonderful and made us feel like we were old friends. The food and drinks are also delicious - have Carlos make you a yummy drink in a fresh coconut! The true charm of this place, besides the people is the size and atmosphere. Eight casita's is it. We stayed in Estrella which is a top floor casita. It was worth the extra $$ we paid. The constant breeze keeps it a perfect temp for sleeping and the bed is perfectly positioned to watch some amazing sunrises. Each casita has a nice deck to relax on in the afternoon overlooking the ocean. The property is located at km 8.7 which is toward the end of the long row of beach front properties and makes it more low key. The beach is gorgeous and the towels and beach bag provided make it a nice touch. We walked up and down the beach daily, it was perfect! This place can't be missed - book now!!!

Room Tip: There are only 2 beachfront upper rooms and they are worth the extra $$. If neither are available, select a beachfront lower room as you will still get the breeze along with the ocean view. The other rooms will still get a breeze but will have garden views which are gorgeous as well!
1  Thank 3CCC