“Just like the pics ”
Review of Zamas

Zamas
Ranked #20 of 99 Hotels in Tulum
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed there solo in May , a room with partial ocean views with the main road behind

The room was very clean and with the mosquito netting around the bed I slept great . There is some road and people noise behind but I didn't find it too much of a bother I stayed a Thursday night ..

It's an Eco resort so no TV but Wifi works at the restaurant area if you need to stay connected ..

I'd go back again !

Tip when going to the ruins get there early say 830am otherwise the crowds take away from the experience .

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Jt2323

Reviewed 14 May 2014

I couldn't ask for more from this place, lovely staff, faultless service, clean and spacious rooms (not the usual beach huts), tasty food and beach location. The rooms were so beautiful and every night the cleaners turned down the sheets and the mossie nets- nice touch! The owner was also around a lot which was good to see. I really think the staffing were the selling point- they were all so friendly, serving delicious food (ceviche to die for) and helping with any request. Lots of yoga places nearby to visit (well for yoga nerds like me) plus a few nice shops, bike hire places etc, in a busier area of the road.

The only thing I would note is I think this place is more suitable for groups or couples rather than families, as the beach is pretty rocky so you need to walk further along stretch to swim or to another beach. We visited Playa Paradiso which was a lovely stretch of beach to swim/snorkel etc.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank JoL297937
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Zamas is AMAZING! We had a small (extremely tiny) 'hut' right on the beach ... king bed, toilet, shower, and a sink ... clean, cute, comfortable. No dresser for storage, no A/C, no hairdryer, no tv. For us, this was perfect ... we had beautiful sunrises in the morning, the ocean 10 steps from our room, the breeze and beach sounds being carried through our hut, and no digital distractions!! It was truly the perfect way to disconnect from the world. The only thing I would say about our 'hut' is that early morning you started to hear the street traffic since the windows were open, but we got used to it and were up fairly early anyways. Zamas has a wonderful restaurant ... we ate there several times and everything was delicious. The location is close to many other awesome restaurants, bike/scooter rentals, the Tulum ruins, and shops. The service was very good ... friendly and accommodating! I would definitely go back to Zamas in a heart beat!

Room Tip: We stayed in hut 5 ... last one along the beach. Nice, but noisy in the morning.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Angela N
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We stayed at Zamas for 5 nights in April and it was absolutely fantastic. Postcard-perfect views, incredible beach, sweet and cozy rooms and excellent staff. A great place if you have kids (except if you stay across the road, it could feel dangerous with toddlers). Our kids are old enough to cross the street by themselves, but still it's a bit scary at night walking so close to moving cars. We loved the laid-back vibe of the place. But if you need attention and guidance, Rodrigo and Max are always available and happy to help. We loved Zamas! Will return as soon as possible!

Room Tip: If you have little kids or go to sleep early, I'd suggest not getting one of the rooms near the...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Liz D
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Oh Zamas,

How I miss you!
How I miss your wonderful accommodations: simple, comfortable, elegant.
How I miss your waves lapping at my door: white sand, rock formations, birds galore (Pelicans!),
How I miss your beautiful waters and all that they behold.
How I miss your delicious, perfect food, served with such panache.
How I miss your wonderful staff, all.
How I miss your fantastic nightlife, music, dancing, toes in sand (no heels allowed)...

How I miss how simply wonderful you made me feel for 6 days and nights.

Thank you!

We Love You...

Judy + Willie

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank judith b
Reviewed 2 May 2014

I have been there on April 28 2014 for dinner with the family. We found the food good and the atmosphere absolutely fine. We had a candle light dinner with great music and service. The view on the beach is great and the wind blowing it is warn and steady. Great romantic experience.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 30 April 2014

The staff is very friendly and will do whatever it takes to make sure you have a great stay. The service can be slow but what's the rush? You're on vacation! We stayed in an amazing room across the busy street from the beach. There were only two of us and the room could have easily accommodated 4 or 5. We had a great view of the water and a large wrap around deck with hammocks and chairs. The beach at the property is pretty small but a good spot to lay out. The hotel is in a great spot with lots of shops and places to walk to.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple