All reviews private beach breakfast was included other hotels salt water small hotel main building italian food sea breeze great breeze tulum ruins each morning convenience store sound of the waves restaurants and bars hotel restaurant lounge chairs air conditioner
Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

We ate here on our last night in Tulum (sigh!). We were seated at a table with an unobstructed view of the pretty little cove where Piedra Escondida faces the Carribean. Martin Garcia (who I later found out is the chef) very graciously greeted our group and personally saw to all our needs. One of our party has special dietary needs and she was able to order a specially prepared dish.
This was one of the finest meals we have had in Mexico (we live in Puerto Vallarta six months out of the year). Perfectly cooked pasta, shellfish, chicken -- the kitchen showed a wide range of capabilities. Service was impeccable.
It is a shame that we cannot eat here again during our stay in Tulum this year. But we will definetly return the next time we are in the area.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank jcrecco
Aministracion, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Piedra Escondida, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2018

Dear Guest:

What a wonderful review, thank you so much! We are happy to know we fulfilled all your expectatives, especially, our warm and personalized service. The Chef loved to hear you found the food amazing.
We hope to see you in the future

Best Regards

Reviewed 5 March 2018

My son had been here before and wanted to return with his girlfriend. They shared an upstairs bungalow with a windows with views on three sides, a big net-covered bed, and a sofa. I had a downstairs room that was more modest, but still very nice. We were right on the beach with assigned chairs and umbrellas and a quick walk to the restaurant. The food was so good we had a hard time going elsewhere. The staff was very nice, friendly, and professional. We loved our stay. There were plenty of places to walk to and a quick drive to town.

Room Tip: Single beds and best views are upstairs (one floor up). Good views on ground floor.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family

Dear Sharon,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review!

We are so glad you made these comments about our teams, and will make sure to comment it to them.

We are glad to read that everything in your stay was top notch, and that the food was good!.

It will be a pleasure to welcome you again!

Warm regards,

Reviewed 26 February 2018

My family and I met here for 5 days in February. We had a fantastic visit! The staff could not have been more accommodating and attentive to our needs. Everyone was very friendly and helpful! The restaurant was very convenient for breakfast and snacks/drinks/lunch on the beach. We did not eat any dinners there so I have no opinion on dinner but everything that we did eat was very good and made from fresh ingredients. They serve different fresh squeezed juices at breakfast.. we had orange, pineapple and cantaloupe.. all very delicious and very refreshing. The rooms were perfect for us and are equipped with safes that may be used at no extra charge.There is air conditioning from 8pm-8am if you prefer. All balconies have hammocks for your own personal use and two chairs so that you may sit outside and enjoy the views. The hotel provides beach towels daily and even a beach bag for your items to be carried to the beach. The area is perfect.. there is a little convenience store across the street and many restaurants and shops within walking distance or a short drive if you prefer. The beach was quiet with plenty of room where you don't feel like you're on top of one another. Unfortunately we experienced the winter seas with a lot of seaweed present but staff worked hard and diligently every day to clear as much seaweed as possible so that patrons could enjoy their swimming and beach time. The hotel was safe and comfortable. The hotel did have free wi-fi. I was in room 1 which was a little tricky w/the wi-fi.. it worked best on the balcony.. which was fine wit me but may be annoying to someone else. My family stayed in rooms 7 and 8 and had no difficulties with the wi-fi.

Unfortunately upon leaving Tulum to return to Cancun to catch a flight home the next morning I realized I left my wallet and my passport on the table in the hotel lobby.. I called immediately and spoke to Nayela who at first had no knowledge of my wallet being left behind but while I was on the phone with her she took a look around and found my wallet.. completely intact and held on to it for me until I made the trek back to Tulum to retrieve it. I was so very, very grateful to her and cannot thank her enough!! I would definitely recommend this hotel and hope to return in the future!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank lisapetro12
Aministracion, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Piedra Escondida, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2018

Dear Lisa,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review, we know many travelers will find it very useful.

We are glad that the service provided by the staff was exceptional and that you enjoyed the food, and all the services.

It will be a pleasure to host you again in the near future!

Best regards,

Reviewed 18 February 2018

Visited for a spontaneous lunch meal - we picked "catch of the day", which the chef prepared on the grill with just simple spices and served with rice, steamed veggies and banana chips. The grouper was done to perfection, falling off the bones, super crispy skin. One fish with all the extras was a perfect size for 2 people. Al fresco dining on a shaded patio, friendly staff, nice rustic decor - highly recommended!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple

¡Hola!

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience at our restaurant. We are really glad to know you had enjoyed our service, food, and surroundings. We would love to have the pleasure to have you back in the future.

Best Regards.

Reviewed 15 February 2018

My fiance and I just returned from our stay at Piedra Escondida. We very much enjoyed our stay​, we'd likely stay there again. If you are adventures and not high maintance - I promise, you'll enjoy your stay.

ABOUT:
​I personally wouldn't call this a hotel, but maybe a boutique beach bungalow. There are only 9 rooms on the property, all with a gorgeous view of the ocean. Yes, the lighting is poor, the floors easily get dirty with sand (because you are staying literally on the beach!), and you shower in salt water, the headboard is painted on the wall (we got a kick out of that) - but, to us, it was an experience​, it was fun!​

​HIGHLIGHTS:
The people who work there, they were all so friendly, attentive, called us by name, and gave us the great recommendations - granted, we too took the time to get to know them and call them by name. We told them what we wanted to do in Tulum​ - ​ruins, food, etc​. ​and they helped us make it happen immediately (without getting on a tour bus). They also arranged for us to have massages on the beach, with less​ than​ 24 hours notice.

The restaurant, the food was delicious​. W​e ate all over Tulum, and in many cases we found this restaurant to be the best. My favorites - the spinach/goat cheese omelet, the whole fish (you must try), tuna nachos, fish tacos, guacamole - all so good. ​You c​an't beat the 2 for 1 happy hour from 12pm-7pm, limited menu, but that is standard.

Location, private beach, guaranteed a spot in the sun or shade. Close to Tulum (town), maybe a 25 minute bike ride. Speaking of which, don't bother renting bicycles through their website, you can rent a bike just down the street from the hotel. You can bike to ruins, cenotes, and further down the coast. You can also walk to many restaurants and bars close to the property.

​HEADS UP:
Your credit card is not charged until the end of your stay...therefore you are responsible for the international fees and conversion rates. You definitely lose money. You have the option to pay in pesos, but that didn't seem responsible to us, since we were paying close to $2,000 for our stay.​ Overall, Tulum is expense, same prices as US, unless you venture into town, off the beaten path.

If you have questions - ask! I know it can be hard to choose the right place, especially when there are so many options.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Iris5280

Dear Iris:
It is a pleasure to know we succeeded in providing a wonderful stay.
We have no words to thank you for such an extensive, comprehensive and kind review. We are extremely happy to read you enjoyed the little details we try to pin down to achieve a peaceful and wonderful stay. It is an honor to know the service, accommodation, location, restaurant and, even our happy our every day! were of your delight in every way. Thank you so much for sharing your experience with other future guests. We hope to see you in a near future.

Warm Regards.