Azulik
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
Piedra Escondida(Tulum)
  • Beachfront
Bejuco Hotel Tulum(Riviera Maya)
Zamas(Tulum)
  • Breakfast included
1,475 results
All reviewsno electricitysky villaoutdoor tubhoneymoon villahanging bedroom servicebeach barmaya spaclothing optional beachreception areatree househot waterconstruction noiseunique hotelsea viewnude beachprivate beach
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 August 2013

My husband and I have been visiting Azulik since 2007. We spent our honeymoon here in 2008. We returned last in 2010. I had been reading the reviews prior to our visit last week and I was a little concerned that perhaps things were a little tired there as I noticed on our last visit in 2010 which was disappointing.

The cabanas have all been refurbed, so the issues recently raised by previous guests appear to have been addressed.

We stayed in The Romantic Villa, which is were first stayed in 2007 - it was cleaner and fresher than ever. The internal 'closet' and toilet had been painted a bright tropical green and the color was picked up throughout. The original wooden bath (amazing at it was, it leaked) has been lined with mosaic talavera tiles. Delightful!

The bedding and towels were spotless, another concern of previous reviewers, and the wooden floors recently re varnished.

I notice that the other cabanas have also had this splash of bright color used to refresh, but from what I could see the Romantic Villa was the most soft choice of colors.

Inside the cabana is a swinging day bed for lounging, as well as a queen with new mosquito net, table and chairs and plenty of fresh towels, including beach towels and PLENTY of water. This is so important here as this is a quiet hotel, not near any stores and not having a bar or restaurant, so the fact you have a 20 litre garafon of drinking water in your room as well as daily bottles of drinking water to take to the beach is essential (refill from your garafon and cut down on the plastic waste!)

Outside the decking path takes you to the edge of the cliff, secluded in greenery each side creating a private area and clothing is optional! On the decking are two Adirondack chairs, a wooden swing and the "pièce de résistance" at the end of the decking a double swinging bed and another talavera mosaic tiled tub over looking the brilliant turquoise ocean.

The manager Roberto is a totally charming gentleman who greeted us with genuine enthusiasm and care. He was a delight to deal with and speaks perfect English. He was aware that it was my husbands birthday and when we arrived back from dinner to soak in our tub under the stars, we found a bottle of wine and a little cake, with a personal note from him. So thoughtful and kind! Which was very much the impression I got of Roberto during our stay.

I believe coffee and juice is available at the reception, should you require it and Roberto can recommend restaurants and two menus are included in your cabana that deliver. We ALWAYS eat at Mezzanine, the Thai restaurant about four minute taxi ride from Azulik. Their breakfasts are also awesome and location can't be beaten.

Tulum has been one of my favorite places since my very first pack packing tour in 1997, it may have changed plenty since then, but still retains it's amazingly chilled ambience and magic. Truly one of my favorite places on earth.

I highly recommend Azulik if you really want to getaway and disappear. There is no electric, so bring a torch. Candles and matches are supplied in your room, moonlight normally suffices as there is no light pollution here. If you are expecting air con, mini bars and whatnot, then this place is not for you, these are luxurious, but rustic cabanas and less is definitely more. Do take mosquito repellent, unfortunately they can be quite aggressive at times, but best to remember to close doors and put down your mozzie net at dusk. After dark they calm down a little and the beautiful onshore Tulum breeze also helps. I usually have a few bites, but nothing worse than anywhere else in this area.

There is also a supermarket on the road in to the beach these days, so we did stop in for a few supplies, nibbles for our lazy afternoons on the beach or reading on the swing beds.

This place is truly heaven and one of my all time favorite places to stay. Roberto and his team have certainly put in a LOT of love and care into getting this place back up, and beyond, scratch.

We can't wait to go back, hopefully November and see what else is new at the old Azulik.

Room Tip: The Romantic Villa is a favourite and the colors subdued, also very private, probably the most secluded of the cabanas. The Honeymoon Villa also a favourite but the decking a little more exposed if you fancy skinny dipping in your deck tub, not that anyone would blink an eye here in Tulum.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank mevesysufres
Reviewed 17 August 2013 via mobile

The location of these cabanas is right on a cliff. Each cabana has its own terrace with a bath tube where you can have your best bath ever overlooking the cliff! Lack of electric lights makes it necessary to use candles at night, adding to the charm of the place. It is the perfect place if you look for a romantic spot with character. Pleasant service troughout the day.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Great cabanas! Right on the beach. The staff is SO FRIENDLY and HELPFUL! This is one of the best places in Tulum!
There are sea turtles right on the beach and the waters are SO CLEAR! IT IS AMAZING!
We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank 493LORAN
Reviewed 3 August 2013

I didn't stay at the hotel, but Rocia gave me the absolute best massage I have ever had in my life. Not only was the setting positively STUNNING (on a balcony overlooking the ocean), but her skills are five star. I drifted off to lala land with the sound of the ocean and the soothing breeze. It's a magical place in the jungle with a wonderful vibe and service.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 26 July 2013

This place was total paradise! My wife and I just came back from Tulum a couple of days ago, and fell completely in love with the town, but most of all with Azulik. The room was just what we needed, super romantic, with a breathtaking view and right there in the middle of nature, between the sea and the forest. The service was also spectacular! Antonio and Julio were very helpful giving us ideas of which areas we should visit and where to eat every night. Their new manager Roberto, was also super friendly and warm, offering us fresh fruits and juices every morning.

We would 100% recommend this place if you are looking for a truly peaceful and romantic place. It is you, your partner, the sea and the sky. What else would you need?

Room Tip: I would strongly recommend the 11 (where we stayed at) and 12 villas, they are very close to the beach and with an amazing view. #12 was recently remodeled and looks great!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ofoxz
luuuuuu, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Azulik, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2013

Dear Ofoxz,

Thank you very much for your nice review. We are very happy to have served you.
We hope to see you again in Tulum very soon,

Best regards,