“Bohemian Paradise”
Review of Ahau Tulum

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tulum
Ahau Tulum
Ranked #7 of 98 Hotels in Tulum
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 10 July 2014

This was our first time to Tulum and we were blown away. What a magical bohemian paradise! Our trip was only enhanced by the exceptional five-star treatment we received from the staff of Ahau. (Special thanks goes out to Nisia, Jill and Martin for making our stay extra special). The resort is gorgeous, a living garden of Eden. The grounds are meticulously cared for and we could tell that a lot of love goes into the upkeep of the property. We especially enjoyed the food! As other reviewers have mentioned... it blew us away. Delicious, fresh, consistent. Every single dish. Every single time (Delivered with a smile and attentive service). Travel tip: pack light. Ladies, leave your heels at home. Guys, my husband wore a shirt two times.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank andreabM9328NC
Arturo S, Gerente at Ahau Tulum, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Hello!

It is great to hear that you experienced a five star treatment at Ahau in your first visit to Tulum. We are also glad to hear that Nisia, Jill and Martin made your stay extra special and because the food from our restaurant suited your needs and taste. Thank you for the tips posted as they are correct, Tulum and Ahau are a place to relax and enjoy!

Reviewed 10 July 2014

I just spent 5 days at Ahau and the two words that resonate the strongest are Magical and Enchanting. The rooms were beautiful and the staff was courteous and attentive. Everyone was lovely. Overflowing cups of Serenity and Peace...loved it loved it loved it. Can't wait to visit again. Thank you so much Ahau Tulum!!!!

Room Tip: All the rooms were fantastic and our Ocean view room brought in a fantastic Ocean Breeze.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Spmahoney72
Arturo S, Gerente at Ahau Tulum, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Hello!

We want to thank you for the excellent comments you recently posted about Ahau. It is very gratifying to hear that the magic and enchant of this place as well as the staff service accommodates our guests as we are always willing to exceed their expectations. Please visit us again soon, thank you again.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Just returned home from an incredible weeks vacation at Ahau Tulum, and already counting the days until I can go back. The food was fantastic and fresh, the staff were smiling and helpful (Marco & Martin in the restaurant, Nisia the event planner, the girls at check-in, the owner - everyone!), and the hotel design and style make you feel like you're really on vacation. The property has true authentic Tulum charm, and even the furniture is hand designed and built out of local materials. As an admitted hotel snob, I was completely happy with the rustic natural charm, pristine beautiful beach and relaxing ambience of this place.

Room Tip: The master suites are awesome, or the air-conditioned jr suites.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Hello!

It is always pleasant to hear that our guests had a great experience during their stay in Ahau and it is even more reward able that our guests take the time to post their reviews using this tool because they are offering a chance to future guests to have a glimpse of where they are going to spend their vacations and we are very grateful for this. We are so happy to hear that Marco, Martin and Nisia as well as all our staff were helpful and smiling all the time. We are glad that you enjoyed the natural and relaxing charm of Ahau and our local hand and homemade furniture as well as the hotel’s design. We invite you to come and visit anytime soon!!

Reviewed 7 July 2014

My wife and I celebrated our honeymoon/elopement here and we could not speak highly enough of our experience, which exceeded our expectations in every way. The place itself is stunningly beautiful and when we arrived, we felt almost overwhelmed as we stepped from our urban lives into the bliss of the Ahau world. We stayed in the beachfront master suite, which was gorgeous, spacious and very comfortable, and utterly charming. The view from the porch of our room was pure heaven and within a day or two we were subsumed in the rhythm of luxuriating by and on Ahau's exquisite Caribbean beach. We were blown away by the food, which was so good we barely left the hotel. The service of all the staff members - bar, restaurant, reception - was excellent and their attention and friendliness - Gerardo, Martin, David - really made the experience of staying at Ahau something special. We cannot wait to go back....the sooner the better!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello!

We want to thank you for the nice review you recently posted about Ahau. We are glad that all our staff as Gerardo, Martin, David and all the Ahau family exceeded your expectations as well as our facilities like the beach front master suite you enjoyed. In addition, your comments about our food make us feel proud and happy because we had the chance to improve your stay with our restaurant offerings. Please be back soon as we are going to be waiting for you here in Ahau and Tulum.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I am writing on behalf of my husband and myself to describe our amazing experience with the AMAZING Ahau team. It’s hard to know where to begin to speak of the pleasure and gratitude myself, my family and my friends have toward the Ahau team and the place itself. I, Rebecca Pinto, and my new husband, Francisco were married at Ahau on May 10, 2014. It was absolutely a dream come true and exceeded every expectation we had. We are all still glowing from the entire weekend of celebrations and our complete experience at Ahau- we all wish we lived there permanently!!!
Nisia, the in house Wedding and Special events coordinator, was an absolute saving grace and we are very thankful for her and her hard work. She made the wedding planning process so much fun, and stress free- especially since we were planning the wedding in Tulum from New York. Nisia totally took control of handling everything and left us little to stress about- she is an amazing problem solver and left us no time or reason to worry that things might go wrong. Her team there is the best and EVERY person that works at Ahau goes way above and beyond and they are always one step ahead leaving the customer with no problems and basically not even having to ask for anything! Nisia has an amazing eye for design and very creative ideas on everything possible! It was so fun collaborating with her and I also had so much assurance that my ideas and dreams of the night would be executed perfectly. She goes above and beyond her duty to make sure everything is taken care of. From handling with last minute decoration and flower details to shadowing the families and making sure everyone was taken care of at ALL times. We certainly all knew where to go when or if we needed something and there was no doubt Nisia, Marco, and Paris and the rest of the Ahau team would have it covered. She introduced us to amazing vendors which she trusted and they provided the best of the best service for the evening. Having Nisia there to plan and oversee our wedding was like having a friend that knows all your taste and expectations and is proactive about taking decisions, leaving the bride and groom with a stress free, exciting wedding night and weekend! Nisia and here entire team where there for every single thing we might have needed from the second we stepped on the property until we left- they are by far the best team I have worked with and I would highly recommend them to anyone whom is looking for a wedding, special event, or vacation venue- it is sure to be a success!

In addition to the wedding, the place in itself is a true gem- I would go back any second and will make it a point to spend as much time there as I can going forward. I HIGHLY recommend every aspect of the place. Marco, Paris, Arturo, Jill, Allison, Pamela, Alexis, Pepe, Mike, David.. The list goes on of the amazing people working/ owning Ahau- it is a true family. A LOVING, WELCOMING, ENERGETIC family at that. THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart.

— rebecca pinto, 29 June 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Arturo S, Gerente at Ahau Tulum, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Hello Rebbeca & Francisco!

It was a great pleasure for us to host your wedding here in Ahau and we are very grateful to have such beautiful guests in our hotel as you and your husband. We really appreciate all the kind words expressed about Nisia our wedding planner and about Marco, Paris, Jill, Allison, Pamela, Alexis, Pepe, Mike, David and all the ahau Family. Be sure that we will always remember you as part of this family and that we will be waiting for you with open arms next time you visit Ahau. From the bottom of our heart, Thank you!

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I did not know what to expect when coming to visit Tulum but it was more amazing than I could ever have expected. Although I did not stay at Ahau I spent most of my time there. It was a paradise within a paradise. The food... atmosphere and mostly the people were amazing. The people I met while spending time at Ahau were some of the most interesting and authentic individuals I have experienced in 35 years! One of my favorite experiences was taking a yoga class with Ines and also Chenzu. A vastly different experience with them both and equally amazing. Thank you guys! I hope to see you very very soon. Greg

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Hello!

We want to thank you for all the good comments about Ahau. We are so happy to hear that as a visitor you had the chance to experience our hotel and all what it offers. We really love to hear that the hotel’s food, atmosphere and our staff surpassed your expectations. Moreover, to hear that Ines and Chenzu offered you great experiences during their Yoga classes fills our hearts with gladness. Do not hesitate to book with us next time as we will love to see you back here soon Greg!

Reviewed 30 June 2014

It seems like all of us reviewers agree on the perfection and poise Ahau brings to Tulum. Since it's clear how wonderful your stay can be in all its elements, I'd like to elaborate on the yoga classes. I believe it takes much strength and connectedness to authentically teach yoga amidst the power of the ocean, and Ines more than fulfills that service. She is one of the more captivating teachers I have encountered in all of my travels because she carries the wisdom of yoga principles into her classes- to serve, guide and inspire presence, conscious breath and endurance. My transformative sessions with her were truly the highlight of my stay, and there's no better place to practice than in the natural beauty of their studio, with a teacher who genuinely encourages deep relaxation and healing.

• Stayed: March 2014

Hello!

It is a pleasure for us to read such great reviews about Ahau and we really want to thank you for this. In addition, we are glad to hear that Ines fulfilled your needs during the Yoga sessions, she is the best instructor Ahau has and we can appreciate this when our guest’s leaves great comments about her and her classes. We would love to see you back here in Ahau and Tulum soon.