I would say this hotel is average. We knew where we were going so we already had low expectations and had no surprises on that matter; it is an affordable hotel. So, things you need to know:
1. BEDS: the beds are not quite comfortable, the room has two full size beds and that's good, nevertheless I guess the mattress are old as you can feel the spring coils in it, but not all the beds are like that, fortunately one of the beds inside my rooms did not have that problem and I slept on that one.
2.FOOD: The restaurant is good, they have good service, very kind people and the free breakfast was great, few options but those few were really tasty, LOVED IT!
3.SAFETY: It does says on trip advisor that people has been robbed here. I personally did not experience that but one of my friends did. Someone break in into his room and stole his jambox. Can't complain too much, we were warned of it on trip advisor...
4. ROOMS: I liked the rooms, we stayed on ground floor and did not experience any trouble. The cabañas are cute and cozy. I had to work while I was there (so sad), but we got the best cabaña, as tower D, as it is right next to the restaurant catches the Wi-Fi signal, so I did not have to go to the restaurant and was able to work from the comfort of my room. Also, I have light sleep, and there was no noise, so I was able to sleep very well. Yay for that!
5. BATHROOM: average, it is not super duper, it looks a bit old and rural but it was clean. yay for that too.
6. BEACH: The beach is ok, nice, it is always nice to see the sea, nevertheless the beach area was not breathtaking. There are other hotels with better beach area, particularly I loved the beach of La Vita e Bella and it was mostly due to its location. The closer to the ruins, the better the sea.
7: PARKING: you need a car if you are going to Tulum and the hotel had parking area, that was fantastic.
8. A/C: does have, works great, never used it, we were cold due to the rain and the sea.
9: POOL: it is really small, but who needs a pool when you have the sea a few steps away?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel has 7 cabanas in its first construction stage, with 4 Junior suite type rooms each; we are located on the Tulum Coast, in the road to Boca Paila, right on the Punta Piedra zone, at only 7.5 kilometers from Tulum-Coba, 7 kilometers from Tulum Ruins and aproximately 1 kilometer from Sian Ka'an Biosphere Reserve. Surrounded by a relatively undisturbed tropical forest and set upon a beautiful beach, Los Lirios Cabañas Hotel is the perfect combination between forest conservation and sustainable eco-tourism, between the manglars, source of life for the sea reef. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Los Lirios Hotel Cabanas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Los Lirios Tulum
- Cabanas Tulum