“Paradise!!!!!”

Amansala Eco-Chic Resort + Retreat
Ranked #57 of 101 Hotels in Tulum
Reviewed 24 May 2013

This had to be the best trip I have ever taken. Amansala literally takes your breath away. It's beautiful and in the perfect location. I did BBC with my friend and we had a blast. Starting your morning off with a long walk on the beach then a healthy breakfast and normally an excusion out to view the spectacular tulum. You get ample amounts of free time during the day to relax and then some amazing assortments of workout classes from yoga, kick-boxing, zumba, salsa dancing, curcit training and much more. The atmosphere is so zen and surreal you feel so lucky to be in such a perfect place. It really gives you an opportunity to clear your mind from the real world and just wind down and focus on yourself. I highly reccomend going here for any age, girls trip, couples trip and even solo. You will meet so many amazing people there and the staff is beyond friendly and helpful in every situation. I look forward to my return to Amansala.

1  Thank Brittany F

Reviewed 14 May 2013

I had the most awesome time at Amansala Bikini Bootcamp. I plan on making this an annual trip! Even before the trip started, the staff was so helpful in arranging the transporation and they continued the excellent hospitality from check-in to check-out. Who would have thought that a vacation where you wake up before 7 am and go to bed by 9 pm was going to be such an amazing experience? I have to give a shout-out to the great trainers: Darlene, Josh, Jessie, Jeff, Kate, Stephanie, and Sarah. The kitchen staff was superb and always surprised us with simple, but very delicious and healthy meals. The housekeeping staff was amazing, too! The massages were one of the highlights of the trip. Make sure you get a massage from Daniel and the reflexology from Tanya! I cancelled my epidural back injection scheduled 3 days after the trip because I was feeling so good. Sometimes you have to take a step back and really take care of yourself. Amansala is just the place to do it! I met some amazing women from all over the world on this trip. I hope my future trips to Amansala allow me to meet such a diverse group of strong, intelligent women!! See you next year!!!

Reviewed 14 May 2013

I have been wanting to go to Amansala Bikini Bootcamp for seven years now and finally made it! It was such a great experience. The exercises were led by an amazing group of people and others were there to support you on your journey. The excursions were perfect and included the play and activity I was majorly in need of. Be sure to ask for a Mayan facial and reflexology from Annamarieluisa (totally messing her name up) but it was really special - like getting a great big hug from mom. You will come back a new person.

Reviewed 11 May 2013

I truly loved Amansala. It is definitely Eco chic and the lack of AC is hard at first but the ocean breeze is constant and it doesn't feel hot- Ever and I'm from Miami!!! The staff is young and sweet and accommodating. Anything we needed- they made it happen. The classes are fun and tough and I loved the yoga with Darlene. The food - especially the fish tacos was amazing and healthy and fact that we all ate together and got to know each other really made it special. I recommend their iced coffee- I had about three a day!! There aren't enough verbs to express the spiritual and healthy lift I got from being at Amansala. I will definitely go back. We love Darlene!!!

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Dsierrarosen
Reviewed 7 May 2013

I live a very fast paced life. BBC helped me set the reset button & come back able to take it all on again. I went alone and had a tremendous experience meeting a lot of similarly strong & independent women. As someone who has to constantly think 10steps ahead
I love that I didn't have to worry about anything. It was all taken care of. The schedule was the right balance of activities and rest. I took advantage of as many classes and even bought extra massages as I couldn't believe how amazing they were!!

You will get everything you put into this week. I lost weight, gained muscle, met new friends and renewed my joie de vivre.
Please note if you expect Amansala to be a 5 star resort you'll be disappointed. But if you want a 5 star experience, you won't. All my friends, coworkers & loved ones at home could see the change in me, and I recommend they all go to Amansala Bikini Boot Camp!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Marnie Q
Reviewed 4 May 2013

I had a wonderful week at Amansala! I was so excited when I got back, I told so many people about my experience. All the activities were well organized and the staff was very professional. I would definitely do it again!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Rosanne M
Reviewed 18 April 2013

I was at Amansala Bikini Bootcamp in November 2012 and had a great experience! The diversity of the guests (youngest in her 20s and oldest in her 60s) reassured me that this wasn't just for those buff bodies you see in magazines. The schedule was nicely paced and when the second day didn't seem to have enough downtime, they quickly changed the list of activities for the following days to suit the group's pace. Mixing the exercise with excursions to the ceynotes (swimming) and ruins (bike riding) provided a great balance for people like me that aren't fitness fanatics. I never felt pressured to do too much, but was always pushed a little out of my comfort zone so I really got the great workout I was after in a friendly environment.

There were solo people, groups of friends, sisters, and guests from both the US and abroad. The communal eating let everyone get to know one another and no one was left out (unless they wanted to be). I was on my own and really enjoyed getting to know others. One person I met on my trip purposely said she comes alone despite friends wanting to join her as she's met so many great people here and so she selfishly protects this destination as her private get-away.

I found the front desk staff were always helpful and the I honestly can't say enough good things about the fitness staff (for anyone who had Keira as an instructor you know what I mean!!).

I've recommended Amansala to both friends and my travel agent (who now recommends it to her clients).

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo