“Rustic lux” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #49 of 90 Hotels in Tulum
New York City, New York
“Rustic lux”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2014

Relaxin, fun, enjoyable! No pressure, do what you like- participate in workouts, sun on the beach, go for a bike ride to the ruins, or sit and sip margaritas...the food was delicious, especially those brownies- and all healthy and low cal...I will be back!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Hungarian first
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2014

We spent half the week at Amansala following a four day stay at a resort further down the strip. My husband and I both wondered whether we'd have preferred Amansala if it had been the first place we landed, however we couldn't help comparing it to the first hotel, which was better value for the money. The rooms were larger with spacious showers and things like bike rentals were included. The benefit of Amansala was the boot camp and group activities which we enjoyed (Ali, Josh & Keith were amazing), but we couldn't help but feel that our pocket book mattered more than our overall experience. A neighbouring baby kept us awake most nights and they were unable to find us another room. The redeeming factor was the yellow labs who lounged around and served as a reminder that life was still pretty good.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a spacious room, ours was cramped and the shower near impossible to move around i...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

"Paradise Awaits" is what the web site promises. That's setting the bar pretty high. Melissa and her team delivered the trip of a lifetime for me and my family. The idea of spending ten days at an "eco-resort" in Tulum had me concerned but we hated to leave and are already working on scheduling our next visit. Our room overlooked the ocean and was breathtaking. The service was efficient and caring. The food was tasty and plentiful. Everyone we encountered on the staff looked like they enjoyed what they were doing...from the yoga instructors, to the waiters, to the housekeepers. There was no pressure to participate in all the classes of BBC. Our family took advantage of a bicycle trip to the ruins, floating down a lazy river, and a visit to the cenotes.

Sure there were a few hiccups. On two occasions we didn't have any hot water for showering...and both times the problem was fixed within an hour. It took me a couple of days to relax and enjoy the mental vacuousness of a vacation in Tulum but once I got the hang of it...it was all but impossible to say good bye. We've been home for a few days now...and I constantly play the videos I recorded on my phone to remind me of what paradise looks and sounds like.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2013 via mobile

What a terrific week I just experienced at BBC... You are completely immersed in fitness on the beach, spa/relaxation time and creating special new friendships on the beautiful beach of Tulum MX...yes, paradise! and the main event at BBC is Ali the trainer. I've trained with several PT's over the past 20 yrs. and he is ranked up there with the best. Ali creates fun engaging circuit classes that cater to all fitness levels by sharing tips to increase the level of difficulty when needed. Classes begin with a game and before you know it you're doing squats, lunges, push-ups, dips, crunches and burpees all with a smile on your face, seriously! I signed up for a one-on-one PT class with him that lead to multiple sessions because couldn't get enough, and glad I did. He motivated and pushed my workout to a place I've never been before by instilling a "you can do it" attitude...just focus and make it happen. He not only directs you in the moment.. he's committed to guide you with long term fitness and health goals. He educates all on the importance of a clean diet, and sent me home with an upper/lower body fitness plan with weight training guidelines and principles. I am still amazed on what I bench pressed this week and the weights I used for squats and dead-lifts. Yes still hurting but well worth it. AND the added bonus, Ali is not only an amazing fitness trainer..........he a GOOD guy with a GREAT body... which is always nice to look at when you're pushing yourself!!!! Lol!! So when at BBC, if you're looking to step up your fitness and have a challenging plan for when you get home, reserve a private PT session with Ali... you'll be glad you did!
Ali THANK YOU FOR A GREAT WEEK! You rock!

Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Judy G
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

I just came back from a solo trip to bikini bootcamp. It was my first time to travel by myself (with the exception of visiting friends) so I was a bit apprehensive but I had an amazing time!
*The rooms
Spacious and comfortable. I went for a double semi-sea view room and I though it was great. I was awoken by the sun rising on the beach every morning. The view was incredible, the beds were comfortable and the water was decently warm (not steaming hot though). I liked how there was a partition in between the two beds- makes sharing w a stranger a lot easier (although I loved my roommate and would have been perfectly fine without it).
*The food
The food was great! Healthy and filling. It's not a fat camp so they didn't go overboard with calorie reduction at the expense of taste.
* The workouts
I got my butt kicked- in a good way! The workouts are challenging but the trainers provide you with options to make them easier or harder depending on your level.
* The excursions
Lots of fun! They were also designed to be active so we took a bike out to the tulum ruins, went swimming in the cenotes. Beautiful and fun
* The staff
The best part of the whole thing! Everyone from the trainers, kitchen staff, cleaners, etc were so sweet and wonderful. Special shoutout to Josh, Darlene, Ali, Kate, Marcos and Oscar. They really went above and beyond

In short- book now! You won't regret!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank rshedid
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

Just returned from a girls weekend in Tulum at Amansala. We did NOT do the bikini boot camp - we just did a mix of yoga and other activities. The entire experience was magical. From the service to the resort itself, there was not a detail missed. Although the weather was rainy almost the entire time, we still had an amazing experience. I cannot say enough about the food - delicious, fresh, clean. The Amansala accommodations are a surprising contradiction - rustic, yet modern. And comfortable beds!! However, what we loved most about our trip was the staff. Special thanks to Darlene and Josh for making our group feel so special and giving us an experience we will never forget.

P.S. sign up for African dance - it was so much fun!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

As an independent travel agent specializing in women's adventure travel, Amansala Bikini Boot camp met all the marks a hassle-free, amazing experience destination and spiritual journey. From the 40 somethings, right on down to the 15 year old boy we met there, everyone was happy being together during days filled with action, relaxation, culinary delight and self-discovery. As a destination, Tulum lacks nothing and if you speak 3 languages as I do, this is a perfect place to practice all three since it draws an international crowd of intelligent women (and men) from around the world. Our room overlooking the ocean was sublime, the service excellent and highlighting our experiences were Trainer Ali and his squats (Ouch!), Darlene and her magical mud-bath mantras, Oscar, Josh who takes his skin cream from trees as well as all of the Mexican cuties in the kitchen! I will definitely be booking women's adventure travel with the wonderful staff at Amansala in the future.

Room Tip: Ocean front rooms are amazing if you meditate---just the sunrise and you
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business