“one of the best hostels I stayed in in central America!”
Review of Hostel Sheck

Hostel Sheck
Ranked #9 of 116 Speciality Lodging in Tulum
“one of the best hostels I stayed in in central America!”
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

After I checked in for the first time I couldn't leave, and even when I left I came back.
Tge hostel is beautiful and clean. Not more then 10 mun after you'll get there yiu'll have all the information about the city and more.
Gaby and mike are nice and always will be happy to help or just have a good conversation.
The kitchen is big and have everything and the showers are the best I had im mexico.
The bar is the cheapest bar in town with the best margaritas in the Caribbean side.
It's one of the best hostels I stayed in in central America!

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends

Families
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Korean first
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
Reviewed 18 May 2014

As soon as I checked in, I was given more than all the information I needed to have a successful stay in Tulum. Staff was extremely helpful and welcoming! The showers are hot and have strong water pressure which was refreshing compared to my other stays in Mexico. Good downtown location and so easy to get anywhere by bicycle and had a nice bar and good food.. Can't beat it! Loved it and want to go back!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Belmont, Michigan
Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

This is a great little hostel just off the main strip. Rent bikes or snorkel gear (which actually didn't work that we'll) to snorkel with turtles at Akumal. The owner is really nice and will to help with anything. The bar area is cheap and convenient, can get pretty crazy at night.
The best part of this hostel though is the hot showers, definitely not in a private area if you're in the smaller dorms, but hot nonetheless.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank teresawilterink
Auckland
Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

The people are amazing, the atmosphere is relaxed, the beer is cheap, the espanadas are delicious, I felt at home and made stayed extra nights because I loved it here so much! The big dorm room is clean and private, the facilities are good, the resident dog is super fun and friendly, all round I loved this place

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Oroville, California
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I made a few friends in Playa Del Carmen that mentioned this place was clean and friendly. I had planned on staying for a night or two and ended up being there on and off for almost two weeks. Mike the owner and his wife Gabby are really great people. All the staff was friendly and very helpful, and I really do miss those guys! Mike is expanding as we speak but I stayed in the big dorm. The bathrooms are clean and there is hot water. Its an easy bike ride to the beach and there is a lot more to do in town than down by the beach, and its a lot easier to jump on a collective to check out all the local cenotes. Eden cenote was pretty epic. Stay here, and if you have any questions about what to do in the area these guys will point you in the right direction.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

I stumbled into tulum to spend a day with a friend of mine who was staying at hostel sheck. Myself and a friend were staying at a 4.5 star resort north of puerto Morelos, south of Cancun. What was a planned day trip to tulum turned into an unexpected 2night 3 day stay at hostel sheck. We ditched are all inclusive to stay here and it was the best part of my vacation.
Now for me. I'm a spoiled princess when it comes to travelling I go to the nice hotels to have the food, drinks, Friendly staff, comfortable sleep and the safe environment.
ALL were found in this little hostel! the first night I had the best sleep of my ENTIRE vacation. We splurged and got the private room/bath. Which I am told was new and it was perfect. Couldn't hear anything. I would definitely pay for this room if I were to return. The hostel is close to things, across the street are the best tacos, and the people were so nice!
The second night I stayed in the dorm room because the room I was in was booked the following night, but it wasn't a good as sleep as I would have liked. I'm a light sleeper.
Try mikes tequila Caesar ! Delicious. I miss this place!
All the best Gaby(spelling?) and Mike!

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Tulum, Mexico
Reviewed 20 March 2014 via mobile

I didn't want to leave...ever. The owners became like family while I was there. I cannot wait to return and spend as much time as possible at this wonderful establishment. I really have nothing bad to say. The kitchen is huge and the hostel is so close to all the great stuff happening in Tulum. I just wanna get back there now!

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo