“Best hostel in Tulum”
Review of Hostel Sheck

Hostel Sheck
Ranked #9 of 134 Speciality Lodging in Tulum
Reviewed 5 July 2014

The place is managed by Mike and Gabi who are really nice and helpful.
The place is located in the center of Tulum city which is great.
The place is super clean tidy has hot water and WiFi , it has also a small bar inside which make great atmosphere in the evenings.
Would definitely come back and recommend to others.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Stasyagu

Reviewed 18 June 2014

I stayed in hostel shek for the final part of my trip. It was the perfect end. Situated at the top of the main strip, close to the cycle hire centre. It has the perfect location, just a short trip to most of the areas main attractions ie the cenotes and Mayan ruins. The staff are great and made me fell very welcome. I stayed in the biggest dorm, and it was quiet and well maintained. Comfy beds and a good hot shower. Breakfast provide. Couldn't ask for more from a hostel. Thanks guys

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

After I checked in for the first time I couldn't leave, and even when I left I came back.
Tge hostel is beautiful and clean. Not more then 10 mun after you'll get there yiu'll have all the information about the city and more.
Gaby and mike are nice and always will be happy to help or just have a good conversation.
The kitchen is big and have everything and the showers are the best I had im mexico.
The bar is the cheapest bar in town with the best margaritas in the Caribbean side.
It's one of the best hostels I stayed in in central America!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 May 2014

As soon as I checked in, I was given more than all the information I needed to have a successful stay in Tulum. Staff was extremely helpful and welcoming! The showers are hot and have strong water pressure which was refreshing compared to my other stays in Mexico. Good downtown location and so easy to get anywhere by bicycle and had a nice bar and good food.. Can't beat it! Loved it and want to go back!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

This is a great little hostel just off the main strip. Rent bikes or snorkel gear (which actually didn't work that we'll) to snorkel with turtles at Akumal. The owner is really nice and will to help with anything. The bar area is cheap and convenient, can get pretty crazy at night.
The best part of this hostel though is the hot showers, definitely not in a private area if you're in the smaller dorms, but hot nonetheless.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank teresawilterink
Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

The people are amazing, the atmosphere is relaxed, the beer is cheap, the espanadas are delicious, I felt at home and made stayed extra nights because I loved it here so much! The big dorm room is clean and private, the facilities are good, the resident dog is super fun and friendly, all round I loved this place

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I made a few friends in Playa Del Carmen that mentioned this place was clean and friendly. I had planned on staying for a night or two and ended up being there on and off for almost two weeks. Mike the owner and his wife Gabby are really great people. All the staff was friendly and very helpful, and I really do miss those guys! Mike is expanding as we speak but I stayed in the big dorm. The bathrooms are clean and there is hot water. Its an easy bike ride to the beach and there is a lot more to do in town than down by the beach, and its a lot easier to jump on a collective to check out all the local cenotes. Eden cenote was pretty epic. Stay here, and if you have any questions about what to do in the area these guys will point you in the right direction.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo