1,298 results
All reviews pavo real nice swimming animation team italian speakers other guests learn some spanish clean property snorkel gear italian food shows at night plenty of chairs massage therapist fresh fish deep tissue per day sea grass dive shop
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We stayed at Pavo on July / Aug 2013. After some careful research in UK we booked 7 days all inclusive package. This was our week to chill and relax and it didn't disappoint.
On arrival we received a welcome drink while checking in. simply charming.
Our luggage was carried for us to our room which had a lovely authentic Mexican feel and was perfect. Nice showers, good pressure, air con, safe and fridge that had bottled water every day. There are ocean views if you want perfection. This resort really is on the beach.

Canoeing give a go - single or double. Good walks along both ways on beach. Sea is lovely and blue and welcoming.

This resort has only opened recently (Jan 2013) after a storm caused some damage.

Food here is buffet style and of a very good standard, fresh salads (good choice) , pasta and a meat option as well as fish. At lunch a tacos chef is present and cooks fresh in front and the dessert chef stands ready to serve you.
Your are waited on here at a very good standard and staff are very friendly.

Pools are excellent and you have a choice of 3. There is a spa but it must be turned on for you.
Massage is available on the beach area and I recommend. I had two during our 7 day stay, but remember to mention how you like as deep tissue is available. All done while the waves roll up on a sand drenched, caribbean beach. Diving masks and flippers and canoes await your free hire.

Trips - My first recommendation is go to the local cenotes (this is a clear water type lake and you will find an abundance of choice. The nearest is a 10min walk - turn right outside hotel and walk for 10mins and you will see it on the left. 20 pesos. You can enjoy the clear water (cooling) and canoe in the 500yd lake (no crocs).

Sea Turtles - there is a local place Akumal - you could get taxi and hire mask and flippers at the beach. Not sure if guides operate but hire cheap. Alternative is book with the Hotel who have a small dive shop on the beach. I think we paid about 600 pesos for two. But you will get a guide and he will also take you to another cenote which will amaze you. Wet suits available but water is cool at first but not too bad. Depends on time of year , but Mexico is hot so the change of water temp ok for this trip if you decide to go on one.

Pavo Resort is very lucky as the turtles do come up on this beach at night and lay there eggs. There are guards but very friendly. All egg locations are marked. We saw two nights these giant graceful creatures grace there presence - truly wonderful. Although we didn't see them several guests commented on seeing the babies hatch. Of course this is seasonal so check google on months before you go. Under water camera an idea.

Entertainment is provided all day with the animation team at Pavo. They are all charged and ready to keep you going from drink games, volleyball, aqua circuits in the pool and relax classes during the day and then entertain with a show of there joint talent with singing, sketches, acts and dancing,well worth going along too.

Drinks included are varied , wine at meal times, soft drinks and there are enough alcoholic drinks to keep you very merry(suntime drinking at your own risk), but the main labels are extra.

Poolside snacks are always toped up - for those of you like me who love to lie in - 11am is when these appear.

The mix of guests are good and all very friendly.

Things to watch - check at bus terminal cost of Taxi - you may get ripped off as resort is away from downtown.

I give this resort a 9/10 - if they offered breakfast in room it would be my perfection. But other than that this is a good location, excellent standard and service resort in Mexico. You will not be disappointed.

Room tip: rooms that have the straw roof - hacienda type look -
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5  Thank sjw71
Reviewed 2 September 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel in July/Aug and had a wonderful and very memorable time. We loved the beautiful beach, of course, and the excellent service provided by everyone working at PavoReal. We were looking for relaxation, and that's what we got. We were also lucky enough to witness the most amazing sea turtles come up to the beach to lay their eggs. If this is something you are hoping to see, the summer months are the best time to go to Tulum.

Make sure not to miss a massage from Ignacio, who was so kind and professional, a physical therapist, giving massages right at the beach. I would say there is no better way to have a massage than at the beach, listening to the sound of the waves. It was just perfect.

The buffet was delicious, but the restaurant would perhaps benefit from varying the menu a bit more.

In conclusion I would definitely recommend Pavo Real to people going to Tulum!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Mia M
Reviewed 16 August 2013

My partner and I stayed here after our tour of Peru.we wanted somewhere to relax and found it here. Everything was first class we would recommend hotel to people as not to be missed. The hotel the setting the beach 5 star.

Date of stay: August 2013
1  Thank Kelvin M
Reviewed 1 August 2013

We recently spent 4 days at Pavo Real and loved every minute of it. The beach is amazing with lounge chairs, palapas, and a bar for drinks and fun socializing. The rooms were cute with a wonderful good-sized balcony, and a comfy couch with view of the sea. So even with a few rainy days we could be outside enjoying ourselves on the deck. The three complete buffet meals were a healthy mix of Italian and Mexican. Lots of yummy grilled vegetables. The breakfast pastries were incredible. All of the staff was helpful and hospitable. The professional Italian singers were outstanding! Unbelievable singing voices and quality of entertainment for a small and quaint hotel. There is a dive-shop on site with a 30 year trained diver. Scuba and snorkeling are both available. My husband enjoyed and felt very comfortable practicing his scuba skills with Pepe. This hotel is nice for a romantic get-away as well as a family trip. I hope to go back in the near future with our big family group. I highly recommend a trip to Pavo Real in Tulum.

Room tip: Superior Sea View Room. I like the rooms with the wooden balcony rather than the stucco, and as close to the beach as possible.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank LeeLeeC2013
Reviewed 13 June 2013

we stay in pavoreal tulum, thats a very nice hotel, very nice staff,very friendly and also we have a good time with Serena. she is a very nice person and a very good singer we love her. Little Andrew, Cesar and Victor.Thank you very much.

Room tip: Corner suites are large and sunny
Date of stay: June 2013