1,257 results
All reviewspavo realnice swimmingclean propertyother guestssnorkel gearitalian foodfresh fishsea grasstotal relaxationtulum ruinscouple of nightstacosrelaxing staysmall poollow seasonocean viewpools
Reviewed 8 December 2017 via mobile

I stayed at PavoReal as a solo traveler for 5 nights in November. The price for solo travelers is decent and is the only reason I would return. The grounds are very small and I found myself wanting to leave after the second day to explore elsewhere. The beach is pretty, food was mostly decent yet repetitive and I was annoyed to see such extensive re-serving of yesterday’s leftover food. “full board” rate does not include any drinks except for during the limited restaurant hours- if you want a coke or a beer it will cost you. The upcharge for unlimited drinks was $15 USD per day. I suspect the rate in pesos would be a better discount. During my stay I ordered 3 tiny plastic cups of lukewarm draft beer and didn’t even get the beer I requested- I wanted the Amber beer but was not given it, then I saw the bartender pour it for someone else. After checkout, those 3 beers at 25 pesos each hit my bank account... somehow 75 peso translated to $8.75 usd. Also the 3,000 peso “just a hold” charge seemed shady and I found out was not charged to other guests. Honestly the beach is lovely but the nearby resort of Oasis Tulum is much much nicer for the same price and their beach is better, plus they have more restaurant options. I was never given an answer on how to dine at the second restaurant, however the main restaurant was mostly fine. I enjoyed the salads however I prefer my fried foods to be served hot and my cold salads to be kept cold, especially when they contain meats. My king size bed was actually two twin mattresses that slid apart and I would not recommend staying here if you’re over 5’5” because my feet hung off the end of the very short “king” bed. The pools are tiny, not heated, but they are kept clean. The deck at the main pool is badly in need of replacing- very dangerous in spots. This resort thankfully weaned me off my coffee habit... sadly due to instant coffee machines in the restaurant not working during most my stay. I could have bought a coffee at the pool bar once it opened, but after standing waiting for ten minutes I decided to go without. It was hard waiting until 7:30 every morning for the restaurant to open so I could get a cup of (instant) coffee. After the first few days of headaches I started to adjust. But... that’s not what we expect when vacationing. In summary: you’ll vote this place a 4 or maybe better if you’ve never been anywhere else and only stay here a few days. Sadly I’m sure the nasty manager will write a rude response. While I was there, I couldn’t find a manager that spoke English well enough to answer any questions.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
3  Thank SunshineLime
Anna_Rita_Nicoletti, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at PavoReal Beach Resort Tulum, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2017

Mr SunshineLime,
Thank you for being our Guest. Any Guest is precious to us. Usually we don’t write rude responses, but we’re used to answer correctly and with the respect to the truth. We appreciate your review for a reason: we can straighten something you said wrong. The price is well rated both for single room and double or twin room; we offer great value for money. The main restaurant menu consists of international and Mexican recipes, loved by our guests and made by always fresh vegetables, pasta and rice, fish and meat, and a large variety of fruit and cakes. The Mexican Restaurant is open several times a week and one can go by reservation. Your booking was for a single room for “full board” which means breakfast, lunch and dinner with drinks included at meals: any other drink must be paid extra, or, if you wish, you can buy an “all inclusive” package for a surcharge of 15USD per day. This includes coffee and drinks along the day and night at bars on the beach. The deposit of 3000 pesos is ever required. Your bed was a regular king size, the swimming pools are the same you can find in any picture or review or website and nowhere you can read that they are heated. We’re a bit surprised for the ten minutes waiting; on holiday time slows down but for a coffee you have to hold at least a matter of minutes, never ten! Our management and front desk clerks here speak fluently English, Italian and of course Spanish. We can’t understand who didn’t speak to you in good English. We’re disappointed for reading your, sometimes scathing, review but we’re sure to offer exactly what we promise and what you booked for the price you paid. Everything we’re used to do for our guests is for sure made with passion and professionalism. Thank you!
Best regards

Reviewed 6 December 2017 via mobile

The beach is straight out of a postcard . Extremely beautiful and relaxing surroundings. Great place to relax and rejuvenate. Take a walk along the beach and it is just fantastic. Friendly staff good bar

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family

Mr Manosijr,
Thanks a lot for being our Guest and for this review. For being pretty familiar with the PavoReal Beach Resort you need to stay here some days, no matter how many days, but you need to taste the atmosphere, the smell of the ocean, the soft sand under your feet, and you’ll feel right inside a postcard.
Warm regards
The staff and the management

Reviewed 2 December 2017 via mobile

My fiancé surprised me with a three night stay at an all inclusive resort that he booked through a hotel aggregate website. Upon arrival, we were told that we had to pay double because the price he paid was only for one person even though he specified two people on the reservation. The front desk clerks were not very friendly. The road on the way to the resort is in severe need of repair. The dinner meals are bland and did not change much from day to day. We were not given blankets on our bed at all. The animator company hires both Italian and Mexican employees; the Mexican employees are very warm and welcoming but the Italian employees did not seem very friendly. The location was beautiful and very safe. We were able to borrow snorkel gear for free at the resort but we did not have access to the archery at times outside of the activity schedule (or so we were told). The themes for the evening were very strange. Overall terrible first time experience at a resort if you want to mingle and socialize with workers and other vacationers. The pools were not open in the evening and the hot tub was not heated. Very pricey and not worth it unless you're old and you don't want to do anything all day but drink and lay on the beach.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Astrid M
Anna_Rita_Nicoletti, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at PavoReal Beach Resort Tulum, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2017

Mrs Astrid M,
Thank you for being our guest, but we’ve to specify something on your review. As our readers know, we appreciate any review when giving suggestions to improve our welcoming services, but in this case we need to suggest to you that is extremely important be exercising with the online reservations.
Your fiancé, for sure made such a wonderful thing with this reservation, but perhaps because of hurry, he booked one room for one person at the price for one, and he specified two people just on the notes below your reservation. That’s because the price he paid was for one and not for two. That’s because upon the arrival the front desk clerk asked for the payment for the second person. After that point, anything else at the Resort was unpleasant in your opinion. You didn’t try to fully live the holiday, thinking anytime of the payment. But wasn’t our fault! We can suggest, next time, to reading any information and be sure to put in two people and not one! On the other hand, we trust that you’d have loved the PavoReal if nothing happened with the reservation.
Best regards

Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

We stayed a few nights at PavoReal and had a great time. The staff were friendly and helpful, the room was clean and the location was great.
A special thanks to Genesis, who went out of her way to make my partner and I welcome and she made our stay fun! Also a special mention to Berzain who made us laugh and included us in all the activities. They are both assets to the resort!
Would recommend to anyone wanting to relax in Tulum.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SlackPatty
Anna_Rita_Nicoletti, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at PavoReal Beach Resort Tulum, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2017

Mr. /Mrs. SlackPatty,
Sometimes you don’t need longtime to falling in love with something or someone. The PavoReal Beach Resort is located on the beach, faced to the Caribbean Sea and not far from the Reef. All the people here are awesome, professional, kind and funny. They’re always already to give the best welcome to our special guests. Thank you for this review and for recommending our Resort. You’re the best welcome anytime.
Our best regards

Reviewed 4 November 2017

When I booked 6 nights to stay, it said I won't be charged until I get to the hotel which was 2 months later. However, they charged me on the day of the booking. So when I called the hotel, they said this is good because I don't have to pay when I get there - they didn't even apologize for not following through my terms of conditions when purchased.

Also my total was ~$1300 but they charged my card for $1400. After all this trouble, I didn't feel like I could trust them so I cancelled my reservation. When they refunded me, they only gave me ~$1350 back. I have been in contact with them for almost two months now and they still refuse to give me a whole refund back. I paid extra to be able to get a full refund at the beginning but this is a sketchy and untrustworthy hotel. I WOULD NOT TRUST THEM in ANY way.

Not worth your trouble.

Stayed: November 2017
4  Thank KJennings1234
Anna_Rita_Nicoletti, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at PavoReal Beach Resort Tulum, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2017

Mr/Mrs. KJennings1234,
We’re not used to have ratings from someone who was never here. But we accept any free point of view from any reviewer. But an answer it’s an obligation for us. Here’s the true story: as your email to our front desk manager, you were surfing the web and casually it’s happened that was made (it wasn’t you?) a not refundable reservation for the PavoReal at the shown price, even if you never intended to make it. We received the not refundable online reservation and as usually we get the payment through your credit card; the official currency in Mexico is the Mexican Peso and the fluctuation between the currencies justifies the difference in the purchasing price. When a reservation is a “not refundable”, no repayment shall be made where a cancellation has received. As an exception, the director has authorized a refund of your payment that according to the daily exchange was for the amount of USD 1350. Feel free to not trust us in any way, but, please, believe in yourself and don’t surf the web as a PlayStation game if you’re not able to distinguish between a game and a reservation with its rules. And, in conclusion, to our readers and guests, be very comfortable and trust us: we respect the rules of any reservation and above all, we respect our precious guests! Thank you
Our best regards