I stayed at Posada Luna del Sur early February 2010. Before my visit to Tulum, I had numerous questions so I emailed Sarah, one of the owners of this hotel. No matter how many times I emailed, Sarah was happy to answer all my questions and concerns. Upon our late arrival, Sarah was waiting for us and greeted us with a warm hello, showed us our rooms, and made sure we were set and comfortable. The next day, Marty (the other owner) spent a great deal of time acclimating us to Tulum, telling us where to eat and not eat, giving suggestions for entertainment, telling us of the best beaches and the cheapest ways to travel around the area etc etc.. We truly felt cared for, and felt as though we were staying with friends. We wanted to have some unique experiences, so Marty and Sarah suggested we utlize Manzano's Expeditions, a small tour company run by a geologist who specializes in small group excursions that are informative and unique. This was a wonderful suggestion as we had the time of our lives on these excursions (we ended up booking 3 of them-they were so much fun). What a great suggestion! If you are interested in this, check this company out - you will not be disappointed: manzanosexpeditions.com. During our week in Tulum, we enjoyed the morning breakfast on the hotel roof. Marty and Sarah were always around to answer questions, help out with any issue we may have, and generally find out if we are comfortable and having a good time. Our rooms were clean and comfortable, and charmingly Mexican in the style of decor, not "Americanized" which was nice because if I travel to Mexico I want to feel like I am in Mexico. There is a small kitchenette in each room with a refrigerator and unlimited filtered water (this is a big plus - no lugging water bottles to the room). The hotel is also secured at all times, and has a security guard at the outside door all night. This is a nice added feature, although I will say that I never felt unsafe in Tulum. There is also a small convienience store nearby to buy snacks, soda, beer etc. The hotel is located on the end of town (quiet) and an easy walk down the street puts you in the center of Tulum. There is a rooster that calls out in the morning, but my patio door screened out the noise - so it wasn't an issue for me.
In closing, I want to highly recommend this hotel. It is clean and comfortable, and you will always have someone around if any issue should arise. You will feel as though you are staying with friends. I am sure to return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Posada Luna del Sur is a delightful small boutique hotel of 12 private suites, which has earned praise for excellence value, service, comfort and quality from travelers around the world. The suites are graciously proportioned and lovingly appointed. Immaculately maintained suites include; king size or twin beds sleeping accommodations (roll-away beds available for parties of three on request) cozy sitting area, balcony or patio area, mini fridge, unlimited complimentary bottled water, ceiling fans, A/C, security safe, cable TV, free WiFi hot spot, hot water, 24 hour security/bellhop, concierge services, tour desk, and our signature a la carte breakfast inspire care-free times and peaceful dreams! Our hotel is focused on value, service, comfort and quality. We have won multiple TripAdvisor Traveler´s Choice awards throughout the years; our most recent in 2017 for the best ¨value¨ hotel. We believe you can still stay at a quality boutique hotel in Tulum, without breaking your bank. A gem in the Riviera Maya, we invite you to come and discover why! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Posada Luna del Sur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Posada Luna Del Sur Hotel Tulum
- Posada Luna Del Sur Tulum