My wife and I spent several nights here during our mid-February vacation and we loved it! We were personally met by Sarah upon our late arrival and she gave us a useful orientation of things to do in and around Tulum. For the rest of our eight night stay, Marty continually helped us plan outings and he went out of his way to organize trips into Sian Ka'an through a local tour operator called CESIAK. We took an evening bird watching tour and went out on a guided fly fishing and both of these trips were nothing short of spectacular. I've been a lot of place around the world and I have stayed in almost every manner of lodging and I can safely say that I have never seen the level of care and service offered by Sarah, Marty and Gareth.
The room was simple and clean and we loved the balcony looking out over the interior garden. We were awoken each morning to the sound of roosters, turkeys and local birds. The light breakfasts under the rooftop palapa were a perfect way to start the day. We appreciated the energy saving measures taken for the hot water and, in contrast to other reviewers, we never found it a problem to have enough hot water for showers and the purified water and coffee maker in the room were a nice plus. The room had a combination safe to store valuables when you didn't need them and the hotel had a very friendly night watchman who kept things secure over night. All that said, we never felt unsafe in Tulum anyway.
The hotel is about 5 minutes by car or taxi to the beach, so it is isolated from the beach crowds and prices in town for food and other needs were more reasonable. The people in town were extremely friendly. It was close enough to many Mayan archaeological sites to make for easy day trips inland or equally close to go up or down the coast to explore other towns.
In short, if you are looking for a beach resort with lots of amenities and need to be pampered every second of the day, don't stay here. However, if you are looking for a simple, clean and safe place to stay with thousands of things to do and where there owners will treat you like long lost family, then we recommend that you consider booking your next vacation here. We are already looking forward to going back next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Posada Luna del Sur is a delightful small boutique hotel of 12 private suites, which has earned praise for excellence value, service, comfort and quality from travelers around the world. The suites are graciously proportioned and lovingly appointed. Immaculately maintained suites include; king size or twin beds sleeping accommodations (roll-away beds available for parties of three on request) cozy sitting area, balcony or patio area, mini fridge, unlimited complimentary bottled water, ceiling fans, A/C, security safe, cable TV, free WiFi hot spot, hot water, 24 hour security/bellhop, concierge services, tour desk, and our signature a la carte breakfast inspire care-free times and peaceful dreams! Our hotel is focused on value, service, comfort and quality. We have won multiple TripAdvisor Traveler´s Choice awards throughout the years; our most recent in 2017 for the best ¨value¨ hotel. We believe you can still stay at a quality boutique hotel in Tulum, without breaking your bank. A gem in the Riviera Maya, we invite you to come and discover why! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Posada Luna del Sur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Posada Luna Del Sur Hotel Tulum
- Posada Luna Del Sur Tulum