It has all been said in the other posts regarding the Posada Luna del Sur, but Gareth, Marty and Sarah were truly outstanding hosts! We made plans to finish our trip of 16 days visiting Mayan ruins by going to Tulum and staying at the Posada Luna del Sur for our final three nights. We had started in Playa del Carmen, rented a car, went to Chitzen Itza, Merida, Uxmal and then to Tulum. We covered 900 miles, saw some really amazing sights and the Posada Luna del Sur was the perfect place for our final days before flying home.
The only negative of the entire trip was my wife gtting a flu type bug the night before we were going to drive the 6-1/2 hours from Uxmal to Tulum. She did not enjoy the drive and when we arrived in Tulum she just wanted to get to bed. Gareth met us at the hotel and took us to our room and then came back with some tea for my wife. All three hosts went out of their way to make sure we were taken care of, and they especially looked out for my wife.
While we did not get to do everything we wanted for our last three days, she was feeling good enough to go to dinner on our second night and we spent the last full day on the most beautiful beach either of us has ever been on. We both agreed that we would love to go back for a week at the Posada Luna del Sur and I hope that we can do that one day.
My wife and I have traveled pretty extensively and I can attest that Gareth, Marty and Sarah know how to operate a hotel the right way. The continental breakfast on the roof terrace were excellent and the terrace was also nice in the evening for relaxing. I am sure the three displaced Canadians are gloating a bit over the Canadian men's hockey victory over the U.S., but I won't hold that against them. By the way, I never got to thank you for the beer Gareth, so thanks!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Posada Luna del Sur is a delightful small boutique hotel of 12 private suites, which has earned praise for excellence value, service, comfort and quality from travelers around the world. The suites are graciously proportioned and lovingly appointed. Immaculately maintained suites include; king size or twin beds sleeping accommodations (roll-away beds available for parties of three on request) cozy sitting area, balcony or patio area, mini fridge, unlimited complimentary bottled water, ceiling fans, A/C, security safe, cable TV, free WiFi hot spot, hot water, 24 hour security/bellhop, concierge services, tour desk, and our signature a la carte breakfast inspire care-free times and peaceful dreams! Our hotel is focused on value, service, comfort and quality. We have won multiple TripAdvisor Traveler´s Choice awards throughout the years; our most recent in 2017 for the best ¨value¨ hotel. We believe you can still stay at a quality boutique hotel in Tulum, without breaking your bank. A gem in the Riviera Maya, we invite you to come and discover why! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Traveltool, S.L.U., Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Posada Luna del Sur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Posada Luna Del Sur Hotel Tulum
- Posada Luna Del Sur Tulum