“Beautiful beachfront bungalows”
Review of Poc-na Tulum

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tulum
Poc-na Tulum
Ranked #67 of 100 Hotels in Tulum
Reviewed 11 August 2013

The bungalows were awesome!!! We had cabana #1. The beauty of the rooms were their simplicity. Falling asleep and waking up to the sound of the ocean was amazing! The view from our room was like something off a magazine cover. We enjoyed napping in our hammock on our patio and viewing all the stars at night from our patio chairs. The housekeeper Griselda left us neat towel creations every day, that we looked forward to coming back to find. Our only complaint was the restaurant staff weren't attentive, so, we chose to eat elsewhere.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank KaseyBean

Reviewed 9 August 2013

My partner and I, having a seriously flawed first few days at Adonis (see other review) came here to salvage the vacation. We should have started here! The front row of cabanas immediately facing the ocean have aircon, and privately reserved palapas on the beach. The cabins are clean, but they are basic with the minimum of what you need. A comfortable bed, night stands, a closet, and a bathroom with shower. No TV, but look out the window or sit on your porch and its better than a movie.

Beach service is great. All the servers genuinely care that you are taken care of. Prices are reasonable. The restaurant is an Italian theme, and the food is fabulous. Give their pizzas a shot...really good. Or even better, find Angel (through the hotel workers) who will arrange to take you out fishing and snorkeling. Bring back your catch and have the restaurant serve it up to you! Nothing better.

If your looking for a Four Seasons, the entire region is wrong for you. If you're looking for good accommodations, fronting some of the best beach and ocean I've seen anywhere, come to La Vita e Bella! But please!!!...don't take my cabin!

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank TTJanes
Reviewed 23 July 2013

My wife and I just stayed at La Vita E Bella from July 13-17,2013. What a wonderful time we had there. We drove up and down the beach road visiting the fascinating resorts, restaurants and unique shops. We stayed in Beach Bungalow 1. What a great location. Privacy with the sand and sea feet away. And the water so warm but refreshing at anytime day or night. There was no a/c but the fans and windows open was plenty of ventilation and coolness. The room is funky but oh so much fun. The cleaning lady was superb. The breakfasts were fine and the sand restaurant was neat. Walking up to the Mezzannine for margaritas 2x1 from 1-4 was fabulous as well as their unique Thai food choices. Walking down toward the Tulum Ruins on the beach made for some fun eating at Paraiso (shrimp quesadillas). Salsa dancing a little further down and plenty of other activities you can do (kite flying, snorkeling on boats nearby, etc.). What a fun and beautiful beach to live on at La Vita E Bella. If you get a chance go to Yal Ha lagoon and do some fun snorkeling. On the way back from the lagoon stop at Buena Vita for some fabulous margaritas and food. Loved our stay here unforgettable ! Paul and Anne Vista, Ca.

Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank Paul K
Reviewed 20 July 2013

I had my pre-wedding dinner for 50 people at "La Vita e Bella" restaurant, and it was much better than expected. Great service, food, place, ambience! The manager, Michel, really went out of his way to make it an extraordinary night, and I'll always thank him for that!

"La Vita e Bella" is a must go when in Tulum.

Andres Bolotner

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank ABolotner
Reviewed 19 July 2013 via mobile

Unlike the previous review which is very dubious here is how I got on in la vita e bella.
Stayed here with friends in early July and on first impression I was looking forward to our stay here. The positives - Location is excellent, room was small but right on the beach and restaurant staff are very friendly and accommodating.
The negatives - way overpriced. The nightly rates are too high for the level of accommodation you receive, you also have to pay 30 dollars extra for air conditioning which myself and my friends were not told about over the phone. Breakfast consists of three options and on each occasion I had to order more because it was so limited. The food in the restaurant is very expensive and only decent. There is a better Thai restaurant down the road. Finally you will see a man who must be a manager or owner walking around giving out to staff and never once willing to acknowledge any visitors when you pass him by. The front desk may appear more genuine but all you receive is lies about 24hr reception, events taking place in the hotel and their inclusive air con.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank egans6
Reviewed 16 July 2013

You can't help but unplug, breathe deep and just love life here. I have been back many times, each time welcomed "home" as if I'm family. Even 3 years after my last visit, I went last week for lunch while staying in Playa del Carmen for a wedding and was welcomed with hugs.

This is not for the traveler who needs complimentary bathrobes and slippers. When you arrive at La Vita e Bella, you will take your shoes off and never need to put them back on. The baby powder like sand is your carpet, from room, to beach, to fantastic restaurant. Being off the grid and far from the bustling, noisy mega resorts to the North, the waves are the soundtrack to passing carefree, worry free, blissful days.

I love the rooms and their high, thatched roofs. They aren't super fancy, but they are romantic and private. I'm a big fan of the windows in the shower, just lovely looking out to the ocean while taking a nice, hot shower.

Food here is some of the best in Tulum. My other favorite is Zama's on the other end of the beach. Given the ex-pat Italian background, pizzas are super tasty and the wine list is top notch. Breakfast is my favorite meal here for sure but really, I can't say a bad thing about a single thing I've eaten.

If you're okay with rustic, or willing to give it a try, La Vita e Bella is powerfully charming and seductive.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Erin O
Reviewed 4 July 2013

Positives - The location. The friendly staff in the restaurant. The cleaning staff.

Negatives- The price. We were told a different price over the phone to the price charged on arrival. Be careful of 30 dollar per night charge for air-conditioning. This was not mentioned to us on the phone while making the booking, in fact we we were told that air-conditioning was included. We argued upon check out and eventually the price was reduced however the manager was extremely ignorant - he wouldn't come out from behind a door to talk to us directly and allowed the girl working at reception to take the flak. It was laughable from a manager of a resort that bills itself as top-end (which the prices certainly are).

The restaurant, while serving good food, is also way overpriced. The breakfast is terrible and the reception is not 24 hour. We came home one night at 2am. Our key would not work in door and we waited at reception for over an hour. Nobody showed. Eventually we got our door open at around 4am.

We spent 600 dollars for 3 nights for accommodation, there is surely better value around Tulum.

Summary- go elsewhere.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends