“beachcabin, copious breakfast and a hammock”
Review of Poc-na Tulum

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tulum
Poc-na Tulum
Ranked #63 of 96 Hotels in Tulum
Copenhagen, Denmark
“beachcabin, copious breakfast and a hammock”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I arrived at La Vita e Bella in a truly tired state (from my home country but also from explaining in the larger resort why I was a single traveller (f). Therefore, La Vita e Bella was both a retreat from the overwhelming inclusive resort as a introduction to Tulum. I love Bohemian settings and Tulum was on my 'to visit' wishlist.
Tulum doesn't fall short in 'bohemian'-ness: if Ibiza has gotten too Iphone-camera onto the hippy experience (thinking of Benirrás Beach this year)...Tulum still has some rest and the idea of tranquility. La Vita e Bella totally connects to this idea of simple but gorgeously bohemian decorated rooms with a splendid view: also, thanks to Helena from the desk.
It still has enough 'modernities' for our modern traveller: the WIFI is in the restaurant (why be connected in the room when you have seaview? Hence, perfect from deconnecting and re-energising). And the water is warm, from the shower. It is actually a good shower without going into these faux-rainforest experiences.

Room Tip: Room no 7 had a perfect beachview, and the most adorable walk-in closet ever!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank DidiDuck

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
London
Reviewed 25 November 2013

The room was very basic, the mattress was very uncomfortable and lumpy, the bathroom was extremely basic and the room was very dark. Even the hammock didn't work - how is that even possible?

The hotel is fortunate enough to be situated on the most amazing beach and as a result they charge a fortune for a room. Instead of creating a haven to relax in, they lazily assume that the location will excuse the lack of quality and when that doesn't work they claim it is an eco-friendly hotel! Having stayed at a number of eco-lodges, this hotel doesn't even come close. Further , this doesn't explain being told to move table in the middle of lunch or being told not to move the sun lounger into the sun. Waiters frequently forgot requests and charging anything to the room was a pain.

So as it turned out, it was lucky that they had double booked my room and I couldn't spend the whole week there, even if I had wanted to.

Now none of this would matter if the rooms were $50-$60 but if you are charging $125+ then there is a higher expectation of service and quality.

The final straw came when they didn't remember to give me my passport back, when I checked out and then, rather than delivering it to my new hotel they made me come back and collect it.

It is clear that they are just interested in your money; not your enjoyment and reading through some of the feedback

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank escapelondoninwinter
London, UK
Reviewed 17 November 2013

The main selling point of this accommodation is the fact that the cabanas are situated right on the beach. Waking up in the morning and being able to see/ hear the sea was really nice.

Rooms were nice, if a little dark. Not overly spacious but with the beach 30 seconds away the rooms were only used for sleeping in.

Staff were friendly and helpful and the food in the restaurant was reasonably tasty. Although breakfast was average the lunch items I tried (Pizza & Club sandwich) were both really nice.

The location was a bit remote so of an evening we had to get a short taxi in to town or further down the beach.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DarrenDiss
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 14 October 2013

The view and the beach is magnificent! The food is delicious too however, just a tad overpriced for the quantity received. Nevertheless, having a Corona and just sitting on this beach all day is wonderful! Just a few minutes down the road, the Mayan Ruins are available for your viewing pleasure!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed 10 October 2013

I spent 3 nights in a ocean front cabana (probably #6) Sept. 14-17. I would stay there again. In terms of my room, I found the bed firm and the linens clean. I didn't need air conditioning as the ocean breezes and ceiling fan were sufficent to make the room comfortable. Similarly, I didn't need to use the mosquito netting, and I did not encounter any bed bugs etc. The hotwater in the shower was more than ample for scrubbing off sun-bloc and washing sand out of hair etc. It was the rainy season with periodic winds and heavy rain intersperced with cloudy periods where I could enjoy the beautiful warm water covering firm sand with virtually no sea grass. The beach was comfortable for ample walking or running. I enjoyed having a deck with chairs as well as a hammock to just read while absorbing the oceans' sounds. The Mexican breakfast was ample and tasty, and I didn't get bored with it, but I was there with friends who occupied another cabana, and they like the other breakfast options too. We also had dinner there the first night, and the cheese pizza was very satisfying. My friends praised their fish entrees. We would have eaten there again but explored other options in Tulum as well as the excellent Thai offerings at the nearby Mezzanine. One suggestion I would offer the Front Desk is to keep a reservoir of 20 peso bills and coins to make change for 100 peso notes so guests can tip restaurant and cleaning staff appropriately. No hotels or restaurants seem to do this, so in mind, it would count as a true guest service!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
New York City, New York
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Spent a long weekend at La Vita e Bella in mid-July. Arrived in the middle of the night, but they were expecting us. We reserved a room w/o air conditioning. While it was warm the waves from the beach were cooling enough.

Each beach front cabana gets it's own beach chair and umbrella. The beaches at the property are great.

Service is great in the lobby. But in the resturaunt 50/50 some great others ignored us (ie. the cashier). They hooked us up with a boat straight from the beach front to a good snorkling area. This guy was super!

Location is on the northern tip, so if you want a lot of resturaunt selections you need to go to the southern area. But we had a car and could easily drive 5 mins to super market and other resturants. Taxis are plentiful and also as useful.

The onsite resturuant was just ok. Breakfast was common. Ate further south and that was yummy. We went for long, long walks on the beach at the southern tip.

Room Tip: Cabana at the beach is a must have in the summer. The beach waves and no foot traffic make it a quie...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 October 2013

I stayed here in Easter 2012 on a 12 day trip down driving down the coast; this was our highlight by far as the hotel offered a chilled out atmosphere, good italian food as well as a quiet beautiful beach- one of the best beaches I have ever seen. We had the cheapest room type which was very basic but good value. I would recommend a suite on the beach with AC as it can get quite stuffy. This is barefoot luxury as opposed to resort luxury.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple