ROOMS: I stayed in a beach front room for 5 days in April. My room was over the bar. It was poorly lit and barely ventilated ... and the ceiling fan did not work. Luckily there was a small air conditioner - which was great as it is humid and very windy (so you cant leave the french doors open). The bathroom was nice, but water pressure was poor. A friend rented the house. It is absolutely gorgeous and he had none of the problems I mentioned... but it is near the back of the property - away from the beach and I wanted to hear the waves.
RESTAURANT: Breakfast is included. Fresh Oj is wonderful. Breakfast average. After several meals I found the eggs Benedict the best. Lunch was poor. I ordered a salad. The greens were solely cilantro. So I ordered some spinach. It was tough. DINNER on the other hand was perfect. Perhaps a different chef?
BEACH: Spotless, water clear, but REALLY big waves. Fun to watch the Kite boarders but best to swim in the pool - which is kept very clean.
Surroundings: Hippy Palm Beach meets Cape Hatteras.
Day trip: Punta Allen ~ it's the real deal.
TIPS: Often included... so be VERY careful (It took us several days to catch on). If not included add 10%
WARNING: This is Mexico. Roads and pavements are not that well maintained - even on PRICEY hotel property.
To make my point: On our last night, I was the designated driver walking along the hotel pathway to the parking lot. There wide was a step down. No problem had I seen the hole in-between the pathway, the step down, and the parking lot. As it was one foot fell into a two foot deep hole. My knee and ankle were "wrenched". My knee instantly swelled and I could not walk. It really put a damper on the evening - as I could not go out - and the trip home was painful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by lush, tropical vegetation amid the Mayan jungle, emerges Ana y Jose Charming Hotel & Spa © as one of the legendary lodging treats in Tulum, Mexico. Indulge yourself into a calmer pace of vacation where natural treasures await for you. Relax on the white sand beach, swim in the turquoise Caribbean Sea, and enjoy the warm ambiance of this unique hotel thought for people who know what they deserve. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, Evoline ltd, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Ana y Jose Charming Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ana y Jose Charming Hotel And Spa
- Ana y Jose Charming Hotel Tulum