“Perfect family vacation!”

and 1 more site!
Tita Tulum Hotel Ecologico
Ranked #22 of 141 Speciality Lodging in Tulum
Reviewed 26 March 2014

My husband, myself and our three year old son stayed at Tita for a week the first week of March and our stay was absolutely perfect! We stayed in cabana 8, the largest of the cabanas and it was more than enough room. The beds were tidy, sheets were cleaned constantly through our trip, and the bathroom and patio were swept everyday (which is really great considering all the sand is constantly getting everywhere but what can you expect). The water in the bathroom is salt water, but that shouldn't be a problem, everywhere in Tulum has salt water. The water in the shower gets REALLY HOT. At one point, I couldn't get it cooler! HA. The room isn't anything out of a romance novel, but I think you understand that when booking, but it is MORE than adequate for the price (we paid $170/night high season). I have read other reviews that complain about the price of Tita and it is clear that these people are definitely not seasoned Caribbean travelers! No where in the Caribbean can you stay ON THE BEACH for less than 200/night! What do they expect?!
Cabana 8, along with all the other cabanas, ALL had patios/verandas with seating for two and two colorful hammocks! We enjoyed the hammocks and spent more time in them then we did the beds most of the time! :) Speaking of the beds, on the second night I did have some sort of creature land on my head in the middle of the night but then I just had my husband open the mosquito net over the bed and never had another problem.
There is wifi at Tita's but it doesn't work from inside the rooms. It is mainly available in the restaurant. From cabana 8, if I sat close to the stairs I could get a signal but it wasn't strong. We actually tried to stay "off the grid" but for business reasons wifi for us was essential daily.
Most, if not all, of the hotels in Tulum are either solar or wind powered (very eco-friendly)... so don't expect to have outlets in the room. My husband actually purchased a flat solor power panel online at Amazon.com so we could charge up on the beach! It was around $100 and awesome (about the size of a notepad)! The hotel also offers little locked individual cubbies to charge your belongings during the day, they don't advise to lock them overnight. But, like I said, not a problem for us. However, I definitely would have if we had to. Over our week stay at Tita, not once did I feel like us or our belongings were ever in jeopardy. The cleaning staff never touched our belongings and we NEVER felt unsafe! They actually also keep a security guard on watch overnight at Tita for people that shouldn't be in the "hotel".

Restaurant: We ate at Tita almost everyday for breakfast and once for lunch. The breakfast was delicious and the "sides" of bacon was almost a pounds worth! MASSIVE. The yogurt with granola and fresh fruit was my favorite! The fresh fruit was mango, papaya, pineapple, etc. Really delicious local fruit! The coffee was probably my least favorite part of the breakfast. It was always just about luke warm and kinda weak in my opinion. My hubby and I like extra bold, so it maybe was just our taste. Next door at Parayso hotel there is a little coffee shop outside the Tita entrance (across from Hartwood) that made cappuccinos that were the best I have ever had (worth the 2 second walk)! We had lunch once and the lunch menu was a little boring and didn't have a lot of what you would expect. No tacos of any kind and tons of salads. I love salads, but my husband was looking for something with more protein and its a little hard eating hot fajitas under a hot sun at 1pm. So, after this one visit, we stuck with visiting Le Zebra for lunch (a few hotels south on the beach)... AMAZING! Also, there was no beach restaurant service. We expected while sitting on the beach that the staff would be asking about cocktails and trying to sell you food, but they never came down to the beach. The restaurant was never busy enough for them not too make rounds down there. I'm sure my husbands beer tab could have been drastically increased had he not had to get up. :)

Parking: There is tons of parking! This was the first time we had rented a car in Mexico and we didn't know how easy it was going to be! Tons of police everywhere but they only pulled over local taxi drivers from what it looked like to us. We were 1000% happy having a car. We drove into town at least three nights for dinner and a few times to get groceries. You will save TONS of money by eating in town and not just on beach road. Driving was simple and we will definitely get a car the next time!

Tita Location: We had been to Tulum before and stayed at Mezzanine (beautiful but no children allowed)... and Tita is definitely located on the BEST stretch of beach in Tutum! Walking distance to almost ALL of the magnificent restaurants on the jungle side and beachfront! Every time we took a walk we always couldn't wait to get back to our little stretch of beach heaven! The sand was white white and very clean.

Other travelers: I felt like Tita's was definitely more of a young families destination. There was always a play companion for my son and we all (parents) loved it! There was plenty of sand right off of the patio for the children to enjoy so they didn't have to go far out of sight! The restaurant was always closed early and nice to not hear constant partying. On our last night, three younger 20 year olds checked in and kept us up until about 4am...so that was annoying. Not Tita's fault, but we were wondering where the security guard was.

We will definitely be back, and probably next year!
Save us Cabana 8!!!!
The Nobles

Room Tip: Cabana 8 is the largest with two queen beds and a sofa bed! Tons of space! But cabana 5 seemed like...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Mamenard

Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

Just spent a week here with my 13 &15 year olds. The beach was idyllic, service excellent, rooms extremely comfortable and clean food was fresh local and delicious. Can't wait to go back. There is plenty to do in the area to keep the kids busy and happy. I relied on TA for all activities and any meals outside the hotel. We were not disappointed by any of our choices. A perfect beach vacation.

Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank amkahn
Reviewed 21 January 2014

Always enjoy visiting Tita and the staff. I will visit and eat at my favorite little restaurant tucked away on the beach. The food is a nice mix of local and International all prepared fresh. Enjoy having my fish and chicken cooked in a banana leaf. It's a small quite place with a limited number of cute bungalows. Having seen this place built it's refreshing to see what Tulum was all about and being able to visit the past even today-enjoy this little piece of treasure.

Room Tip: visit the website and view the photos and consider your location-beach is always better.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank tbfairfield
Reviewed 16 January 2014

There are only 2 reasons I'm giving this a 3 star instead of a 2 star and those are the very good restaurant and the lovely spot on a very crowded beach. The cabanas themselves have seen better days - like maybe 15 years ago? Lights that give no light or don't work at all, no electrical outlets, holes in the bedspread, very stained couch. And while they advertise Wifi, it only works in 4 or 5 spots at certain tables in the restaurant. So, for all of this you get to pay $190. Per night (high season). The staff and family that run it are nice and they try hard, but it needs a lot of help.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ytc50
Reviewed 27 October 2013

I stayed at Tita Tulum last May 2013. I have stayed at many places on Tulum beach over the years. This was my first time at Tita Tulum and it was fabulous. The bungalows are very clean and spacious. The front porch with hammocks are awesome to hang out on. great beach with great lounging chairs. The staff is very professional and courteous all while keeping the family run business atmosphere. This is a gem of a place, even my 21year old daughter loved it! I will definitely come back!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank TheVermexicans
Reviewed 24 October 2013

The setting of Tita Tulum is just perfect. I love sitting on the porch of Cabana #1 and just enjoying the view. The grounds are lovely with lots of sand, palms and the thatched-roofed cabanas. Sitting on the outside porch of the restaurant is the perfect place to enjoy all your meals. The food is very good. The simple rooms are spacious compared to many others in the same price range. In the past 8 years we have stayed at many different places on the beach road but we seem to come back to Tita's the most. It has a quiet beauty that to me is the real Tulum.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sandietoes
Reviewed 22 July 2013

After a short stay at this beautiful property, we have decided this will be a regular destination. Clean rooms, beautiful grounds, and a view of the white sands we'll never forget. Our only improvement we'd ask for is in room safes.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family