“Tita Tulum is hard to beat!”

and 1 more site!
Tita Tulum Hotel Ecologico
Ranked #20 of 130 Speciality Lodging in Tulum
Reviewed 13 April 2009

We arrived at night, were warmly welcomed and shown to our cabana (number 7) which we loved - spacious, clean and comfortable with a pretty tiled bathroom. The cabana is just feet away from the beach (although it'd be hard to tell where the "real" beach began, since it's sand all around the cabanas) and has a beautiful view of the Caribbean. Towels and lounge chairs were provided. The room and deck were thoroughly cleaned daily.

We had had concerns about being in the lower part of a two-story cabana, but there was little sound, even with the young child above. Our daughter enjoyed reading in the hammocks hanging on the deck/patio.

The restaurant provided us with a tasty fish dinner and good breakfasts. The staff were happy to let us pick up coffee and take it back to our cabana.

Friendly staff, great location. We'd go back in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank clare_mk
There are newer reviews for Tita Tulum Hotel Ecologico

Reviewed 30 March 2009

Tita was fantastic in Tulum if you really want the peacefully quiet relaxation. This stretch is quiet compared to the nothern part of the town hat has become much more touristy and discotheque'ish.
The ONLY negative was I felt we paid a bit too much at $155 online. I felt that if you walked in and asked for a room it might have been cheaper.
But having said that this stretch of the beach is wonderful. The staff are all very nice and the food at the restaurant fantastic. We got nice room service after a tip on the first day. We went with our 3 year old and felt it to be safe and laid back. We could just sit on the patio and watch her play on the beach and talk to Iguanas. We stayed in room 8 with a great view, and right across from the restaurant. We even had a drink at the restaurant while our daughter slept!I recommend taking flip flops and a flash light. The room was huge and clean yet rustic. Loved the showers. No complains about the water.
Many restaurants within walking distance of Tita. The Zebra, and Om is highly recommended. Posada Margherita was overpriced. I also recommend stopping at the San Francisco market in town and getting some fruit, pastries, drinks for breakfast, snacks if you want to save some cash. We managed without a car for pure relaxation, and on the last day rented a car from hertz and went to the Tulum ruins.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank rkwpnw
Reviewed 15 March 2009

After having spent 2 days in Cancun, the Tita Tulum Hotel is a heaven of piece. Beautifully located cabanas - all with sea/beach views. The cabanas themselves are basic but provide all you need for a few days of relaxation. The staff is very helpful and friendly. Breakfast and lunch is fresh and tasty. In walking distance you can find other nice restaurants and places for a sunset cocktail. Overall - great place, good value for money, idyllic location.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with friends
2  Thank JoopUitendaal
Reviewed 20 January 2009

This was our first time at Tita's, and it was wonderful! We booked based on the reviews here and we were not disappointed. I definitely wanted a beach front room so we booked Cabana #1 through the website with no problems, but honestly I would have been happy staying in any of the (less expensive) cabanas as all of them are mere steps from the beach. Our cabana was very spacious and had a little closet/luggage area but otherwise no frills - don't expect 'eco-chic' here! The showers are hot yet a tad bit salty, and yes the bathroom did have a faint unpleasant smell we found this was the case with other beach front hotels we stayed at - its just the nature of the eco sewer system. Just keep the bathroom window open and close the door! Its nothing to complain about when you're surrounded by paradise! The little on-site restaurant was friendly and delicious, we ate several meals there but there are also many other restaurants within walking distance on the beach (we loved Om restaurant as well). Tita's also sits on a gorgeous stretch of beach and there were plenty of beach chairs for the guests. All in all we remember our time at Tita's as being beautiful and laid back - definitely the best part of our trip!

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank slickvick
Reviewed 26 December 2008

I don't even know if I have the right words to describe how amazing I think this place is...but I'll try. My jaw was on the floor, or should I say sand, when we arrived at Tita. After many months of research and reading reviews I was simply unprepared at the beauty experienced upon arrival. White sand, colorful cabanas, big beautiful palm trees, the smell of the ocean and the warm greetings from the staff this place has it all.

We had reserved cabana #1 which is closest to the beach but I quickly noticed the layout of the property makes it so each cabana has an unobstructed view of the ocean. The cabana was very large w/ 2 queen beds, plenty of pillows & extra blankets provided (and were needed). The shower had very hot water, which was an unexpected wonderful surprise. There was also a water jar provided filled w/ bottled water - which you are able to refill at the restaurant. The patio was quite large with 2 hammocks and 2 lounge chairs.

After unpacking (very quickly) we immediately bought cervesas at the restaurant and hit the beach. The restaurant will take dollars or pesos which was helpful since we hadn't exchanged money yet. A flashlight was needed to manouver the beach at night, but Tita is lit enough to recognize from a late night beach walk. There are PLENTY of restaurants within walking distance. I recommend walking the beach rather than the road since you're less likely to be hit by a car on the beach :)

We ate breakfast at the restaurant the next morning and it was delicious. I had chorizo scrambled eggs which came with homemade bread and homemade jams, OJ, and coffee...a lot of food for a great price.

We only stayed 2 nights but loved every second of it. When I return to Tulum I will definitely be booking a longer stay at Tita.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with friends
3  Thank Cfritz75
Reviewed 24 December 2008

I did a lot of research, and I was not disappointed with Tita Tulum. We were pleasantly surprised at how large the cabins are. We had #8, and it was great. We didn't need the mosquito nets or the ceiling fan.The location is great. The lovely beach is just steps from your porch, and the town of Tulum is just 5 min away. We rented a car, only $110 US for a midsize from Hertz / book early. We loved Tulum, and did some great shopping there and had delicious, affordable meals at Don Cafeta's and Charlie's. We also listened to some great live music at Charlie's, which also has a lovely terrace area for dining.
After 3 days at Tita's, we drove to Cancun, which is really Vegas on the water. Cancun is not about pristine beaches. It's about partying, shopping and neon lights. The beaches are crowded and small in Cancun. If you really want to relax and enjoy a beautiul beach while avoiding the crowds, Tita Tulum is the place for you.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with family
2  Thank tdaniel
Reviewed 30 November 2008

This was our third stay at Tita Tulum. My husband and I absoutely love it. There are only eight or nine rooms in the complex, but they are all steps away from a gorgeous beach . The grounds, though small, are beautiful. I felt like I was in my own little oasis.

The rooms are basic - no frills. There is a good restaurant on the premises which serves breakfasts, lunches, and dinners. Maid service every day.

Tita Tulum is in the middle of the various ecological little hotels in the built up beach zone. Once you get by the hotels you can walk for many miles if you wish.

• Stayed: November 2008