“Third time here!”

Ranked #25 of 92 Hotels in Tulum
New York City, New York
“Third time here!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2012

This was our third visit to Suenos, and was our longest stay. I loved every minute of it!!! It almost feels like a second home now, as Giovanna and her parents -- Elizabeth and George, continue to create a magical destination. My husband says that being here is like living inside of a painting. It's so beautiful and serene. Everything we've come to expect in terms of quality and service have only gotten better...from yoga instruction, to food, service, and overall comfort. Mateo was always one step ahead of our needs, even delivering coffee to our room in the morning without us having to ask! It was a treat. So if you're looking for a getaway...a TRUE getaway, you just can't go wrong here. Thank you again Suenos!

Room Tip: Suenos is small, so all of the rooms are nice. We've only stayed in the suites with a king bed...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AlisonF

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Cambridge, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2012

My husband and I made our second trip to Tulum over the New Year’s holiday and stayed at Suenos for 7 nights. I’ll try to describe our stay and the hotel without using too many over-the-top superlatives but it’s not enough to simply say that we enjoyed our stay and that the hotel and beach are beautiful.

We stayed in the top floor unit in Selvas, a master suite on the edge of the property. The view from our room was gorgeous. We walked into the suite and hardly noticed anything else. We were immediately drawn to the sliding glass doors to our small deck. We were blown away. The sun, beach, and water were beautiful.

The room was a comfortable size and had a very high vaulted ceiling and ceiling fan. The room had a set of large sliding glass doors that led to a small balcony (large enough for us to sit and enjoy a drink and the view) overlooking the beach. There was a large, comfortable king size bed, a small closet/storage area, and a nicely appointed bathroom. The room had two large round windows overlooking the surrounding area, which depending on where you were standing in the room, almost always had an ocean view.

This was our first stay at an Eco resort and I was apprehensive about water pressure, the restrooms, no AC, electricity limits, etc. I honestly can’t remember all the specifics of what I worried about because my concerns wound up being irrelevant. The ocean breeze in our room was fantastic- no need for the fan during our stay. We slept with only the screen door closed on the sliders every night. We slept well drifting off to the sound of surf. The bathroom was great- the water pressure was good and we never ran out of hot water. The toiletries provided were also of very high. The room was well cleaned daily and we always arrived to find some whimsical towel art. Daily we received a fresh supply of bottled water, beach towels, and bathroom towels.

The beach at Suenos is beautiful! It is quiet, immaculate, and daily cleared of seaweed that washed up overnight. Seunos provides food and drink service on the beach throughout the day. The service was surprisingly quick.

We enjoyed the continental breakfast and the additional breakfast menu items. We had dinner at Suenos a couple times and it was good and a considerable value when you see what you could spend at other places. Overall we liked the afternoon menu best. Guacamole was good, shrimp tostadas were very good.

Throughout our stay we were impressed by the little artistic details nestled throughout and how well the property was maintained. The photos on the website do not show well just how much love and attention to detail have gone into this little resort. The careful attention to the small details extended to the service we received from staff. All the staff was gracious and professional. Everyone made it easy to simply relax and enjoy. We will absolutely stay here again. It was the right combination of location, service, luxury, and atmosphere- Very chill.

Room Tip: The top floor master suites have the best views and breezes. The two buildings on the edge of the pr...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank A C
San Marcos
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2011

My husband and I were married at Suenos on January 8th this year. The whole wedding was incredible! We also stayed for our honeymoon and are planning our next trip in 5 years (way to far away) We arrived at night and were welcomed with fantastic margaritas, sweet dogs, and wonderful hosts. The rooms are sensual and creative. They whole area is inspired by mayan architecture and the place gives you a taste of what that simple life could be. All of the food was awesome! we loved waking up to fresh fruit, pastries, fresh squeezed orange juice, and smooth, rich coffee. The area can be perfect for relaxation or activity: there are many places for yoga, windsurfing, amazing restaurants, salsa nights, the hotel has free snorkeling gear, the mayan ruins are a bikeride away, and much more.

On the wedding day Suenos staff helped so much and I was able to relax all day by doing yoga at their bungalow (the instructor comes frequently) with my husbands family, getting a mayan clay massage, and a margarita before I walked down the sandy aisle :] The food from Turtle Bay Cafe at our receptionw as deelicious and everything was perfect. The wedding day and honeymoon were more than my husband and I could ever imagine. thank you suenos!!!

Room Tip: If you have trouble with stairs the beach suite would be perfect. My grandma had to *downgrade but...
  • Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mollypayne
Fozdaug
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2011

Our family of four (kids 4 & 10) stayed last January for a few nights. It's near the end of development and is wonderfully quiet and peaceful. The owners dogs roam the sandy grounds (raked clean of debris each day) and added to the ambience of being in a second home. There's a nice pool for a freshwater dip after hanging out at the beach. Perfect for the kids. It's owned by a very sweet family and the staff is outstanding. There's a yoga studio too. Plenty of options for food close by if you feel like getting away but the fare onsite was spectacular. Wished we could of stayed longer.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Fozdaug
Poland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2011

During my holiday on the Riviera Maya in Playa del Carmen I decided to spend a few days at cabanas in Tulum. After analysis I have chosen 'Suenos Tulum'.
I stayed at 'Suenos Tulum' 3 days. From 12/07 to 14/07.

Room:
I stayed in a Junior Suite. Cabanas called 'La Lluvia'. It is a rustic, clean and well appointed room. This room offers a spectacular view of the sea.

Eating:
Every day they serve a breakfast. Continental breakfast. Very tasty :)
Coffee/tea, freshly squeezed juice, tropical fruit platter, croissants, toasts. Pastry. Butter and jam.
The lunch and dinner you can eat at 'Suenos Tulum' or walk down to the beach to one of the nearby restaurants.
I chose 'La Zebra' Restaurant. Restaurant offers a large selection of appetizers, fish, poultry, meat and local delicacies of Mexican cuisine. Local and internationals drinks.
It is a very nice place with attentive service.

Beach:
The beach... just few steps from my room... One ward can describe it... amazing, amazing :) There are never crowded. Lots of sun loungers.
The water is unbelievable. Clear, calm and hot!

Staff:
All the staff and the owner are extremely friendly. Very helpful!

All in all:
I had a lovely stay! But too short.
The next time I stay at 'Suenos Tulum' much longer!
'Suenos Tulum' is absolutely wonderful! Go and enjoy the natural beauty of the Caribbean Sea cost!

Room Tip: The best view of the sea offers Master Suite on the top floor of cabanas.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank darek_p
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2011

from the moment we were greeted with margaritas on the house, our stay at suenos was top notch. the cabanas are beautiful, clean, and uniquely designed; the beach is pristine and extremely quiet; and all the staff were friendly and extremely accomodating and flexible with our special requests. suenos was a little pricey compared to other places in the area, although some looked a bit run down, and overall we were glad we stayed here. they were also very up front about the bill down to the last peso (they sat us down with a calculator and worked it out with all 3 of us separately, which was nice), so no surprises. overall a very serene, relaxing, beautiful place to stay.

• Stayed February 2011
1 Thank sc1nyc
Lafayette
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2011

We stayed at Suenos for a week. I was there with my 10 and 12 year old children. It is a wonderful place to stay. They serve a delicious breakfast to start the day. There is a cook and a waiter on site the majority of the day for meals and snacks. You can eat at Suenos or walk down the beach to one of a variety of spots nearby.

The beach just steps from Suenos is beautiful. The location is towards the end of the beach section of Tulum, so there are never crowds. I felt like we had the ocean to ourselves. The water is unbelievable. Incredibly clear. Depending on the weather and wind, some days the ocean was very calm, but other days there were nice waves to body surf or boogie board. The kids loved the variety.

There is a pool which is great to jump in after being in the ocean. My kids were back-and-forth between the ocean and the pool all day.

We had seen most of the tourist sites before, so the majority of our days were spent at the beach and the resort just relaxing.

Suenos is powered by solar, so there are no outlets in the room. This was not a big deal, as you can charge your ipods, phones, etc. in the lobby area.

I would recommend the spot to anyone.

Room Tip: The rooms on the top floor have the best view and allow you to leave your sliding glass doors open a...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family