“Extraordinary beach”

Mezzanine Colibri Boutique Hotel
Ranked #4 of 98 Hotels in Tulum
Reviewed 25 May 2012

The vew, the beach is the best in Tulum. you can swim. Excellent margaritas. The food is extraordinary. The price for this paradise is great.

Room Tip: All rooms have a vew
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
6  Thank Veronica V
MezManager, Manager at Mezzanine Colibri Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2012

Very glad you enjoyed this side of Mexico, we hope to see you in your next visit to Tulum.

There are newer reviews for Mezzanine Colibri Boutique Hotel

Reviewed 25 May 2012

We stayed at Mezzanine in Tulum and had a wonderful time. We could not have been more happy with our choice to stay at Mezzanine. We have written a detailed review of our stay on our website http://www.in-nycsite.com/2012/05/14/mezzanine-hotel-restaurant-bar-tulum-mexico/ Please check it out. Also on our site are reviews on Tulum Ruins, Gran Cenote, Snorkeling and the beach south of Mezzanine. Enjoy.

Room Tip: Rooms 1-4 are great, but if you want the best go with rooms 9 or 10.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Getches

Thank you so much for taking the time to put all that work on such a detailed and wonderful review about Mezzanine on your web site. We feel more then happy and thankful, muchas gracias!

Reviewed 23 May 2012

First day back at home and how I long for the beautiful hotel Mezzanine! This hotel is one of the best in Tulum. From the moment you arrive you are treated like gold.

My now husband and I arrived in the evening, greeted with margaritas and a staff member getting our bags and helping us to our suite. We stayed in a beach front room #3. I highly recommend the rooms with beach front views. Considering there is no AC, you will be fine with the ocean breeze. Love how every single morning you wake up, open your front door and a coffee basket is waiting for you! So thoughtful!!!

Rooms: Super clean and spacious, bed is large and comfortable. The bathrooms are small but spacious enough for two people. The shower was nice, warm water at all times. The staff always did a great job of leaving two-three large bottle waters in the room for brushing teeth, drinking, etc. There was plenty of room for two people! There is a safe for valuables and great bathroom amenties.

Restaurant: The food was outstanding! So great that we didn't feel the need to leave and eat some place else. Breakfast was traditional foods such as eggs, bacon, sausage, yogurt, fruit, coffee, and some Mexican dishes such as huevos rancheros and some Mayan inspired egg/breakfast dishes. For Lunch we had their shrimp and fish tacos...Yum!!! Dinner was out of this world as their specialty is Thai food! I had the yellow curry with chicken and it was superb!

Bar: Love that everyday they have Happy Hour from 1pm-4pm. Buy one Margarita, Get one Free! My husband and I, as well as friends definitely took advantage of this! Loved the Micheladas there as well. The service was awesome, especially from one of the staff members, Erick! He was very attentive to our group, always served us with a smile. He gets it!!! He recommended a few spots for us to visit and had great stories to share with us, we really enjoyed having him around during our visit.

Beach: The beaches there are beautiful. From Mezzanine you just walk down some steps and you're there. Amazing and one of a kind. The water is crystal clear warm and sand is white...what else do you want!!! They don't have beach beds but you can request beach lawn chairs to be brought down to the beach for laying out. Another detail that I loved is that every room is equipped with a beach bag, two beach towels and a bottle water so you can take it with you to the beach throughout your stay.

The pool was neat as well. As the sun started setting, our group of friends would head back up to the hotel and we would hang out at the pool and play music, order from the bar and have a great time till dinner time! :)

They have a few quite areas for reading: hammocks, private lawn chair areas.

Security was great, he would lock up at night and would stay till dawn to ensure the safety of the guests. At times we had to make some noise to let us in since we got back after hours! :)

Hope you like this place as much as we did, we are definitely returning!!!

Room Tip: Beach Front #1 - 4
3  Thank MAGU30

Thank you so much for your lovely comments and for taking the time to share your experience and pictures with others, we are very happy you enjoyed and appreciated those little things the make this place so special.

Margaritas will be waiting for your return!

Reviewed 23 May 2012

Just recently returned from my wedding in Tulum, stayed a total of 7 days at the Mezzanine Hotel. Decided on this place based on other positive reviews on tripadvisor and also the fact that its more of a trendy/adult only hotel.

First the rooms, I would definitely suggest an ocean front villa based on the fact that there is no AC (most hotels on the beach do not have AC) the sea breeze and room fan almost make up for it anyway. The room was spacious and very clean. Supplied with complimentary bottle water each day and coffee at your door step each morning. The bathrooms were average size and the shower had plenty of space with a rainshower head. The king bed had great linens and was very comfortable. Only slight complaint (because I have to have at least one) is that the road noise was a bit loud early in the morning (Motorcycles, trucks, cars) seeing how the rooms are located right off of the main road. Again, nothing major.

Second, Restaurant/Bar. The Thai food was amazing! I don't believe my wife and I had one bad dish. The food at night was great, lunch menu (shrimp and fish tacos amazing) great and happy hour (1-4) was buy one margarita get one free! Myself and 8 other of my guest took big advantage of this. Breakfast was more traditional (pancakes, eggs, bacon, and some Mexican dishes, juevos rancheros etc.) but still had the same great quality.

Third, service. This to me is the most important and the mezzanine did not disappoint! They were properly staffed each day, and never once was I waiting for anything more than 5 minutes. Each worker was happy to be there and never once did I get an attitude. One employee that stood out was a worker named Erick. He was very friendly and professional, helped out my guest with suggestions of the local area and lead us to local attractions such as Grand Cenotes and Akumal snorkeling. Without him our visit to Mezzanine would not have been complete, Thank you Erick!

Room Tip: Beach front is the way to go
3  Thank pjdelgado21

First of all we feel flattered that you and your family choose to stay at Mezzanine on a unique and special occasion in life, we wish you the best in your marriage.
Erick have been working very hard to earn a place in the team, am very happy you, your family and friends saw the special person he is.

We look forward to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 21 May 2012

We stayed for four days in this rustic and charming little hotel. We chose Tulum for its down-to-earth feel and the hotel was a great part of it. We had room 10, the biggest one: it was lofty, well decorated, with a big veranda facing the ocean. Beautiful starry nights and the sun rising to wake us up as we left the doors open to let the breeze and sound of waves enter the room. From the bed you can see the sea. (Sighs.) The bathroom is spacious and integrates beautifully with the room, but does not allow much privacy, as other reviews stated.
We had great meals in the thai restaurant, as well as the breakfast. There's a nice touch of a bottle of coffee being delivered to your door by 7am, if you're an early bird.
The pool is not inviting, but the warm azure sea 10 steps away completely makes up for it. They can book massages, which are delivered in your room or by the beach. I had two great massages and they were really worth it.
To complete the review, the hotel is close to Tulum Pueblo and the ruins and the staff is extremely kind and attentive. One special recommendation goes to Gil, always helpful with a smile on the face.
I hope I can return one day.

Room Tip: Rooms 9 and 10 are the biggest and have great views. There are other 4 units facing the ocean, but w...
2  Thank Emilia F

Thank you very much for your kind comments about your stay with us. We are so glad you found it to be Heavenly days...

Reviewed 21 May 2012

My husband and I stayed in room two for five nights. We were in Tulum for my son's wedding. Both my sons as well as someone in the wedding party stayed also stayed at the Mezzanine so we took up half of the hotel rooms. From the moment we arrived we were treated very well by everyone on staff. I especially want to send a shout-out to Erick. He is a wonderful human being and treated all of us and welcomed all of our family and friends that visited us like he really cared about our comfort and well being. He is truly a great person and I hope he does well in life. He has a gift for treating people very well. I always felt safe and comfortable staying at Mezzanine. Even one night when we arrived back very late in the evening and the front gate to the hotel was locked. I was a little worried about how we were going to get into our room. We knocked on the gate for a few minutes and the night guard came and let us in. I did not realize that there was a 24 hour guard presence and that added to my feeling of comfort and security. Sleeping with the windows open and the ceiling fan cooling us off was amazing. I slept better than I have in quite a long time. Very comfortable large bed. The food was amazing and wished I could have tried everything on the menu. I was only sorry that my husband discovered the delicious iced coffee a day before we left as I would have ordered one a few times a day. The morning coffee drop off outside are door was wonderful touch. I cannot say enough nice things about the Mezzanine. I highly recommend this hotel to couples or families with older children.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Denise B

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great contribution.
I have shared your comments to our team, i wish you could have seen Erick's big smile!

Reviewed 20 May 2012

Great hotel, well located, nice rooms if you like "au natural" style, great beach and the best of all is the thai restaurant they have.... Incredible staff.
Great beach and close to the ruins

Room Tip: Asi for a higher located room
3  Thank Ivan V
MezManager, Manager at Mezzanine Colibri Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2012

Thanks for your comments, it is a big compliment coming from someone from such a beautiful State!