“Twice in 5 nights”
Review of Can Sushi - CLOSED

Can Sushi
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Reviewed 5 February 2014

My husband and I absolutely loved CAN Sushi! The sushi chef/owner and wait staff were extremely friendly, and we got great advice on what to order. The fresh sashimi was incredible, and so fun to eat new local fish that we hadn't tried before. The Salmon Torch roll and the bochinette were particularly delicious. We enjoyed our first night eating there so much that we can back for our last night in Tulum. Truly an amazing sushi restaurant with wonderful atmosphere, people, and it was very reasonably priced. Also you have to love any restaurant that's right on the beach so all you have to do is stroll along the ocean waves to get back to your hotel from dinner!
Can't wait to come back to Tulum and particularly to CAN Sushi! We'll bring friends!

Reviewed 23 January 2014

If you want a break from the variations on the typical fare found along the beach road, you won't god wrong on Can Sushi. Nicely done. It's a bit on the pricey side for sushi, but we sure liked it!

We entered from the road side at night. On the beach side, you'll see a little cabaña with swing seats where we saw people enjoying a cocktail--not sure if they serve food during the afternoon.

Reviewed 22 January 2014

Can Sushi was the highlight of our meals outside of our hotel while in Tulum. After multiple attempts to get a table at Hartwood and two lousy and expensive restaurants along the beach road, it was a great end to our vacation. My husband and I shared the chef's plate and enjoyed every piece of sashimi and roll on it. The staff happily honored our request for no cream cheese (which is a standard sushi ingredient in Mexico) and made sure we would be content with what the Chef usually included. We definitely were.

Service was friendly and the fish was super fresh. The price for the chef's plate was spot on.

Reviewed 14 January 2014 via mobile

I had a great time at the can sushi. I ordered the Tuna tartare which was very fresh and simple. After that the Asian cod as mentioned in another comment was superb. All the other rolls were excellent as well. The only little thing I might have appreciated is a warmer approach by the staff. My waitress was new and didn't really possess the menu. (I would have also like a better description of the rolls). I would recommend it to anyone. Just to let you know they only take cash.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

We were quite fortunate in that every meal we had in Tulum was really good, but the Sushi at Can Sushi was definitely one of the highlights.

Superb sushi, uber fresh with an interesting mix of local fish for sashimi. The chef's platter was the perfect size for two hungry people.

The thing that sets Can Sushi apart from other restaurants in Tulum are the guys that run it - very friendly, very funny, and great customer service (and the mojitos were the best we had all week).

It's always great to see a chef so passionate about his food, if we ever go back to Tulum we will go back here..

1  Thank SteveShovelhands