Dreams Tulum Resort & Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Blue Sky Tulum(Soliman Bay)
  • Beachfront
Hotel Jashita(Soliman Bay)
  • Beachfront
Uolis Nah(Tulum)
5,032 results
All reviewsseaside grillentertainment teamworld cafecoco cafefrench restaurantpreferred clubkids clubel patiosmoothie barfire showwine cellarexplorers clubactivity poola la carte restaurantsfoam partysugar reef barvacation club
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Dreams Tulum is a resort that is situated in a remote beach that has such character and vivid water that you can't help but relax. My best friend and I travel on a girls trip every year and switched from a cheaper resort in Playa del Carmen to Dreams Tulum. We both work in high stress jobs and want to relax, have exceptional service and decent food.

Upon our arrival, our room was ready. The resort is small, so the rooms are all close to everything. We had a bite to eat at The Patio, which offers local, Mexican cuisine. The staff bent over backwards to be of service.

There are two pools, one for the groups that want more of an upbeat party and one that is much more mellow and is called the relaxation pool. There are two separate areas of huts and chairs that are shaded by palm trees. It wasn't hard to find a nice place to sit. The servers circled by every 15 min or so to get us drinks and water.

The restaurants are just fine for an all-inclusive, great decor and the food was good. The CoCo Cafe was a great alternative to grab a cappuccino in a beautifully decorated lounge.

Each night there were events and always people out and about. The atmosphere wasn't crazy partying, it was much more mellow and fun. Most of the guests were American and Canadian and very friendly.

We will go back next year!

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms at this resort!
1  Thank amym974
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Our group was two couples in mid sixties to early seventies and a single lady in that same age group. We stayed for two weeks. We travelled together and arrived on the same day. The cost of the transportation to the resort from the airport was shared and was reasonable. The single lady left us early and the cost for her transfer to the airport was $100 US!!! And they couldn't find anyone else that was leaving on that day that might share (I didn't think they cared enough to work it!).

We thouroughly enjoyed the activities staff, we fell in love with Sinuoe and Luis and India, they entertained us during regularly scheduled activites and would stop and chat whenever they had free time. The pool bartenders, especially Gilberto and Daniel, were friendly and remembered our favorite libations from day one!

Limber, in the lobby bar, is my idea of a bartender who can think for himself! He has a bottle of vodka with slices of habanero peppers for spicy Bloody Marys and a bottle of tequilla with jalapeno slices for Bloody Marias and for Bloody Cesars (with Clamato juice). I'm already planning to purchase peppers and spice up our bottles here at home!

We had many other people in the World Cafe, Hostesses and waiters and servers, that were excellent and made our visit so pleasant! In fact, I cannot think of one person in this class of employees that I can fault.

Our room was just off the activities pool, where we could watch the activities from the safety of our patio! Dancing, games, live music - it was all there!

The accommodations were iffy. The mattress was broken down so that we mostly had to share one side! The refrigerator, after many complaints, was replaced so that we had cool beverages instead of warm, but it would have been nice to have cold! The sink in the bathroom was disconnected from the counter. The shower did not drain, so there was a constant puddle of water. There was no shower mat so that the combination of soap and the tile made it a treacherous place. The lighting in the bathroom was so dim that my husband shaved with a flashlight! Plus there was an infestation of ants on the table where I kept my laptop. Many of the ants are here at home with me now! But I can spray, which didn't seem to be part of housekeeping's responsibility (I asked!). The much vaunted "turn down" service was mostly a no show. We only received a schedule of the next day's activities once!

The building next to us is where our single person stayed. Her room reeked of sewer and eventually we noticed that the whole hallway was offensive.

We originally stayed at Dreams Puerto Vallarta. This was a much nicer property, but it was sold because it was OLD and it would have cost too much to upgrade it. My thought is that this property needs renovations beyond patching and painting!

But, I would come again simply because the people are just plain nice!

Room Tip: The resort is huge! The nicer rooms are FAR from the beach and pools and restaurants. We were all on the ground floor in our various buildings.
1  Thank WaSeniorTraveler
Reviewed 15 May 2014

This property is on a beautiful part of the beach about 7 kms out of Tulum.
We stayed beachfront and the only negative was the some of the workers starting off the day at 5am waking us up on 2 occasions.
The food was superb and the service fantastic and friendly
The Tulum ruins are definitely worth a look and the Cenotes (dos ojos) is fantastic.

Room Tip: I would pay the extra for a beachfront room.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We travelled to this resort for a wedding between May 3-10. This is a great resort and compares to a Sandals. The resort has 2-3 weddings per day most days. At this time of year, capacity was at around 60% which made it great for restaurants and bar service. We stayed in room 6318 which was an oceanview that also overlooked one of the 2 pools. The only issue with our room (and most other people in our party) was the fridge was not set low enough. A nice cold beer is always better than a luke warm one. The food was great. We ate at all restaurants and all provided great service and food quality. The disco was small and normally taken over by which ever wedding party got married that day but lots of fun regardless. We never return to previously visited resorts but if we did, we would not think twice about returning to Dreams Tulum.

1  Thank Larry E
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Definitely get the direct transfers as this resort is an hour and 15 minutes direct. The gardens and fountains there are fantastic. The property is rectangular with the beach being a short side. Our room would have been a couple hundered yards from the pools and beach area had we not upgraded to a better room. That was the first thing they asked me in front of my spouse at check in "do you want an upgrade for $200?" I'm smart enough to say yes, but felt it was a tactic. The main area at check in is beautiful. Looking closer you see the floors are all scratched up and a couple of light fixtures needed replacement. Once on the campus you could see that a lot of the pergolas on the upper units were missing their wood bracing. The upgraded units while closer are also noticably older. I would guess this resort has been there for 15 years and its starting to look its age. I asked to see a unit away from the beach and the construction, look and feel was much nicer. All of the rooms were well insulated from door noises at night and ajoining units. The staff would provide everything and they did provide service in the bars, poolside and on the beach. While not frequent, it was nice at an all inclusive. Their beach is rock strewn and fairly small, but they put lots of chairs out. Poolside loungers are hard to come by. Get out early. They do have a newer Hobie cat for use. I highly recommend a walk north on the beach. I regretted not bringing some cash as there are a couple local beach bars that are a deent walk. If you walk to the blue and white roofed dive shop and then turn down the gravel road you'll be rewarded with a cenote or sink hole that is incredicble for diving & swimming. There is a nominal charge to enter. I would go again, but Apple Vacations has it at 6 Apples. It's a solid 5 Apples in my opinion.

Room Tip: I should have found out more about room placement before going down there and possibly had the travel agent help me with that.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple