“Beautiful Setting and lovely hotel”

Dreams Tulum Resort & Spa
Ranked #19 of 96 Hotels in Tulum
GreenLeadersGold level
Farnham, United Kingdom
“Beautiful Setting and lovely hotel”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Stayed here in april for 11nights. Hotel was great, very clean and lovely setting. Choice of different restaurants each night was great and no pre booking required. Only let down was the main buffet restaurant and the quality of food was not up to a similar standard. The beach was lovely and the pool service great.

Rooms lovely and clean and spacious. We went to Tulum and Xei Hal, we also swam with Dolphins, both trips booked through the hotel and were great. Kids loved it and we would go again.

Room Tip: All rooms spacious and clean. If going with kids see if they do rooms with separate area or beds. W...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank narna1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,018)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed 22 July 2014

this property is one of the oldest properties in their portfolio. the service was ok and accommodations adequate but not super. The worst is their pool. The pool with the swim up bar is also the activity pool so therefore you only have 1/3 of the pool at your disposal as they take the middle 1/3 for activities with thumping music all day that gives you a headache. Then there is a quiet pool...well that is because they do not have music but it is not so quiet; kids from 2 months to 12yr old are all over the place jumping into the pool. Oh, almost forgot! it is very difficult to access the swim up bar as adults are outnumbered at least 2 to one. yes kids all over the bar as well. Good place but not peaceful or relaxing. If you have kids, by all means, the perfect place. there are a lot of kids there!!! I will not return. Food... I have had better. Visited July 2014.

Room Tip: do not chose an ocean front room in front of the activity pool!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank GOPLACES-101
E-ConciergeDRETU, E-Concierge Seve at Dreams Tulum Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear GOPLACES-101

Thank you for taking your time to share your feedback with us and the Tripadvisor community following you recent stay here at our resort. We truly apologize for not having exceeded your expectations in all aspects of your stay.

We inform that our entertainment activities are performed in our pool, beach area, Sugar Reef bar and plaza, we apologize if the activities performed at the activities pool disturbed you, we will share your opinion with the entertainment manager for follow up.

We apologize for any bad experience you had during your stay and be truly hope to welcome you back in the near future and change the poor perception you have formed of us.

Seve Oy
E-Concierge & Social Media Coordinator
info.dretu@dreamsresorts.com
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We were just in Tulum from JUL12-19 (this was our second trip to Dreams) and we had 8 others with us, adults and kids. All of the staff were great, Neysi at the pool/beach was wonderful and always kept an eye on us and we never needed anything. Manuel in the wine cellar was outstanding once again (a birthday dinner that was absolutely wonderful). Joel at the front door/bellman took great care of making sure we had transportation taken care of when we needed it. Beatrice in the spa took great care in setting up multiple treatments that were outstanding. Housekeeping staff did a great job every day with cleaning and turndown service. And the activities staff kept both the adults and kids entertained all week, they were gerat as always!!!! We did not have the swim up/out rooms however we did go see them and would recommend them, they looked wonderful. Overall we had a wonderful trip, staff, food and beverage, rooms, pools and beach were great - we will be back again!!!

Room Tip: Swim up rooms are new!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Tanker139
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I have to preface my comments by saying that I have been to the Riviera Maya area numerous times and booked Dreams Tulum on the advice of a friend who works in the industry and lives there.

From the moment I was greeted by Joel who is one of their bellman I was overwhelmed by the professionalism, friendliness and genuine hospitality exhibited by the staff there. I found the grounds to be impeccably maintained, my room and all areas extremely clean and never in disarray.

We upgraded our dinner one evening to the Romantic Dinner on the beach and it candidly is as romantic of a setting as you will ever be able to achieve. The dinner and service were top notch and it is a memory that I will always keep. If you go do it, it's worth it.

We experienced nearly every outlet ( except Bourdeax - for no other reason then we ran out of nights) and found the service and food consistent throughout and the team always willing to smile.

I wish I wrote down more names to congratulate the team there, but in my mind it is a can't miss.
Thank you for the best vacation I have had in many years.

Room Tip: The higher the better
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Tulum, Mexico
Reviewed 22 July 2014

A beautiful property, with eager to please staff, food, drinks and activities at your reach. This is the perfect place if you want to visit Tulum, but not commit to the small somewhat rustic hotels along the Tulum beach. You have the ruins and tulum town at your reach, 10 minutes car ride.
It has a kids club and a Spa. Talk to the concierges, sometimes they have a bus that will drive you to a club in playa del carmen if you travel with youngster who crave a thrill. They have the possibility of a day pass in case people you know arent staying there, you can all still spend a day together. Right smack on the beach.

Room Tip: If you travel with someone that has trouble walking make sure you tell them when making reservation...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 July 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 2 weeks from 16/06 - 30/06. It was our first trip to Mexico and we're so glad we chose Dreams Tulum. I was worried at first because lots of the reviews said the weather had been bad but we only had one full afternoon of rain on the first day and the rest of the time it was sunshine! The staff are fantastic and so friendly. They really make this resort and can't do enough for you. I've read mixed reviews about the food and I thought the food was great (and I have pretty high standards as I eat out a lot). We tried all the restaurants and they were all very good. Our favourites were Seaside Grill, Himitsu and Bordeaux. The World cafe had a good selection for breakfast and lunch and we loved our daily coffee from Coco Cafe and our daily smoothie from the smoothie bar. There were also two themed nights where all the tables were set up outside. We had a BBQ one night and Mexican another night with some entertainment. We did both suffer from bad tummys one night of the holiday but I couldn't pin point where from. It may be a mixture of the heat plus the different foods we were eating but we're not too sure. One thing I will say is that the resort should stick to their restaurant rules and not just pick and choose which ones to stick to. Bordeaux is suppose to be adults only (13+) but on both occasions there were tiny children in there. One of the occasions the little girl was shouting so loudly which ruined the experience for us. You could tell everyone in the restaurant was thinking the same thing. Also when my boyfriend wore a vest to the world cafe for breakfast he had to go and get changed into a t-shirt. This was not a problem but please stick to all of your rules!The beach and pools were lovely and you didn't have to run down to put your towel down as there were always beds available. If you like to swim in the sea there is a small area cornered off as the rest of the beach is rocky (However I did still manage to cut my toe still in the swimming area) There's a lovely long stretch of beach where you can walk privately quite a long way up which was great. If you want a great beach take a taxi down to Playa Paraiso Tulum for 270 pesco, It's stunning! and no rocks! The rooms were ok. I requested a quiet room with a hammock the week before we went and that's exactly what I got! We stayed in room 2112 which was a ground floor garden view room. It was a perfect position for us. The rooms were a good size but there is a musky smell that comes from the sink/drains (I think) but as soon as you put the air con on the smell would disappear. I also noticed there were a few holes in the bathroom floor. The air con broke a couple of days before the end of our trip so we had 1 night without air con but thankfully it was fixed the next day. We were given a large fan for the night and also offered to upgrade to a honeymoon room for free but as we only had 1 more night we didn't see the point in moving all of our stuff. We did have a look at the honeymoon room and actually preferred our room anyway! When we came back to our rooms in the evening we did notice the mosquitos in the room and I think it was from where the cleaner leaves the door open when cleaning the room. It would be good if once leaving the room they could spray it with mozzy spray. One night we called the concierge and they came down within a few minutes and sprayed the room for us which was great. We didn't watch the entertainment much so can't really comment but we saw a break dancing group which were really good!
I don't normally go on all inclusive holidays and something I did notice was people seem to forget their manners and think the staff are their servants. We saw one lady eating a hot dog, decided she didn't want it anymore so left it on the floor! Which meant the birds came down and ripped it apart so it was all over the floor. People would also leave their glasses on the floor rather than just put it on the bar which was about 30 seconds walk away.
Overall we had a fantastic trip to Mexico and I would recommend this hotel.
Pros: Amazing staff. Lovely pools. Good food. Good beach. No wrist bands. No restaurant reservation system.Clean resort
Cons: Room smell. Price of the photos the resort takes for you.

Room Tip: Room 2112 is a quite garden view room with a hammock. If you're lazy or have children then you m...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Pop_x
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 19 July 2014

This resort is absolutely beautiful. The staff was friendly, rooms are spacious and clean, beaches are gorgeous and pool is perfect. In comparing the nightly entertainment to the Dreams in Punta Cana, I would say that the entertainment in Tulum is good but not excellent. It may have been the time of the year we visited that the nightly entertainment wasn't as lively. We still had a great time and enjoyed our trip. There is a wide variety of food to choose from and I enjoyed eating set all of them. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Alyssa R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tulum
Secrets Akumal Riviera Maya
Kore Tulum Retreat and Spa Resort
Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa
Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort &...
#10 of 17 in Puerto Aventuras
Grand Oasis Tulum
Grand Oasis Tulum
#18 of 23 in Akumal
Barcelo Maya Caribe
Barcelo Maya Caribe
#12 of 17 in Puerto Aventuras
Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort and Spa

Been to Dreams Tulum Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!