“Post Dive Potato Fix” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Seating
Tulum, Mexico
“Post Dive Potato Fix”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

I've enjoyed this restaurant numerous times on my last two trips to Tulum. I've had great breakfasts here and even dessert after dinner at a nearby eatery. But the most satisfying meal is one of a handful of baked potato variations on the menu. My favorite is El Zorro! After cave diving, nothing is better than a baked potato lunch. I vow to try more of the menu on my next trip. And, the desserts never fail to please. Quality and expert preparation is very evident. Xoco Loco, a 'must visit' while in Tulum!

London, United Kingdom
“Good food but very expensive for what you get”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

My wife and I came here for breakfast and ordered the following: Hash Betobel (100 pesos), granola and fruit (95 pesos), a chocolate drink (40 pesos), one green tea (30 pesos) and one lemonade (25 pesos).
he granola dish was tasty but was the smallest portion I have ever had in my life! Sure they can chip in more fruit than the 2 slices of strawberry and 4 pieces of raspberry.
The hash dish tasted good but again could be bigger.
The tea should really come in a little pot with hot water and the tea bag alongside it instead of offering just one cup for this price.
Service is very good, and the staff members are attentive and friendly.
The atmosphere and design are also very special.

Just didn't feel like good enough value for money and I left hungry and with a hole in my wallet.

• Visited May 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Glen, NH
“A Surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

A place that serves mostly stuffed potatoes wouldn't ordinarily be near the top of my list, but the imaginative concoctions at this new restaurant in Tulum are fun and delicious. Do not - I say Do Not leave without having the brownie for dessert, or just go for the brownie.

Visited May 2014
Lucerne, Switzerland
“Excelent and fresh food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

We went to xoco loco already for breakfast, lunch & dinner. Every time it was just excelent. Breakfast (Granola with yogurt) looked small but it was really enough. also with the roasted nuts and honey - just excellent. For lunch we had salad. such a great selection of the standard menus you got like everywhere. I had a fresh green salad with walnuts, pears, feta and tomatoes. Dressing was excelent too. For dinner we had the baked potatoe. Only the potatoe was a little bit too dry. but the filling was so delicious. fresh spinach, cheese and chicken. We couldn't resist the desert and wanted to order two brownies with icecream. We got only one and we were glad. it was so much but just awesome again, with a passionchocolatesauce. what else can I say.
also the drinks are yummy. they have such good mix and different then other places. like apple, pineapple and mint-mix....just go and enjoy.
sometimes they have singer, with beautiful music. sit and relax
service was so friendly and helpful and always asking if everything's ok.
you can also look in the kitchen, what's a good sign too

• Visited April 2014
Nuremberg, Germany
“Great meals & cocktails!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

This is a very cool and stylish restaurant with relaxed atmosphere. Staff is very nice and speaks fluent english.
The meals are an welcome diversion to traditional mexican food - burgers, stuffed potatoes and salads. They also have some great cocktails in the later hours, which are very tasty, too.
Go there!